• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 Wake - Wake Tests with Ballasts

MGB255IDCOGNAC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We tried the surf tabs that came with our boat, filled up the ballasts however it was still not an impressive wake...2-3’ max... so the conclusion is we got what we payed for and we’re happy with it. It’s a great looking boat at a great cost (in regards to what boats costs these days ie cobalt, super nautique, sea ray..) are all almost double the cost... so we’ll enjoy it as a cruiser, wake board, tubbing, and occasionally wake surfing...

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Now that you got to use the tabs through the summer how did it surf? @ApelilaRains any pics or video?
Here's one from August 2018 when my kids fame into town. I'll tag you on a post with other video I've taken from my mobile phone. Wasn't the best, but you can get an idea on how our waves looked.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We tried the surf tabs that came with our boat, filled up the ballasts however it was still not an impressive wake...2-3’ max... so the conclusion is we got what we payed for and we’re happy with it. It’s a great looking boat at a great cost (in regards to what boats costs these days ie cobalt, super nautique, sea ray..) are all almost double the cost... so we’ll enjoy it as a cruiser, wake board, tubbing, and occasionally wake surfing...
We knew purchasing the jet boat, that is WAS NOT a wake boat. We just wanted the best of both worlds 80% family oriented, 20% wake surfing. We did, however, made some modifications to fit our needs.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's one from August 2018 when my kids fame into town. I'll tag you on a post with other video I've taken from my mobile phone. Wasn't the best, but you can get an idea on how our waves looked.

That is fantastic! Can you tell us what board is she using?

--

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Blake Fenton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ApelilaRains I called New Orleans PS and got a quote...total for the parts for both sides was less than $600...my local dealer quoted me $1200 just for parts on 1 side! I'm getting both sides parts and labor for less than $1000! Thank you for the recommendation!

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@ApelilaRains I called New Orleans PS and got a quote...total for the parts for both sides was less than $600...my local dealer quoted me $1200 just for parts on 1 side! I'm getting both sides parts and labor for less than $1000! Thank you for the recommendation!
Thats awesome!!!! Leonard is a true rock star, he doesn't sell to be rich, he sells fun! I go to him for everything water related, because I know he's true to his words and especially his pricing.

When summer hits, make sure to share some vids!

Blake Fenton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thats awesome!!!! Leonard is a true rock star, he doesn't sell to be rich, he sells fun! I go to him for everything water related, because I know he's true to his words and especially his pricing.

When summer hits, make sure to share some vids!
I didn't even get to deal with him as he was at another location when I called, but Paul took great care of me and remembered you and your boat.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Great thing is, there's not much of a wheeling and dealing...ha ha. He travels between 3 shops, so when he doesn't get back to me, someone else would and i'm appreciative of that. Paul knows me well ;) he he, but they are awesome. But glad it worked out for you, I call them just for advise too and if Leonard is free, he will walk you through every step possible.