• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boat I was looking at was a 255 .pretty much loaded up with all options except a porta pot. I got the price from Searay of Cincinnati . I ended up ordering a new 243 vrx from Hern Marine of Hamilton Ohio. Just felt more confident with Chaparral manufacturer.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@chadweiser Congrats on the purchase!!! Do they have more Chaps in stock? I just want to update the availability thread. Please post pics/videos, and reviews.

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes they have sold quite a few 223vrx and 203 vrx. They had a blue 243 vrx and the Grey 243 vrx. Red 223 vrx and a green 203 vrx. 243 vr in red. Hope to have the new boat in march going to gulf shores.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The boat I was looking at was a 255 .pretty much loaded up with all options except a porta pot. I got the price from Searay of Cincinnati . I ended up ordering a new 243 vrx from Hern Marine of Hamilton Ohio. Just felt more confident with Chaparral manufacturer.
You guys know that Chap still uses wood stringers (structure) in there boats? Do the brands Four Winns, Glastron, or Wellcraft build any trust? Scarab Jet boats are built in the same factory.

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I like it, but not for $80k. I like the layout, but why don't they change up the styling between models? They are all the freaking same.
I will actually use facts here and tell everyone that you can purchase on of these 255's for less than 55k, that includes the Scarab trailer!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will actually use facts here and tell everyone that you can purchase on of these 255's for less than 55k, that includes the Scarab trailer!
Welcome Aboard @ptdavidson. The $80K figure was based on UK pricing before the 255 was a US product.

I would love to hear more about how to get one for $55K, that will really shake up the market!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This was before they released them in the states and I simply converted from their Euro site. I know now that 80k was off base but 55k seems low.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would love to hear more about how to get one for $55K, that will really shake up the market!
I second that.

caval12000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone taken delivery on the 255 yet? I worked a deal for the 255 HO Impulse with the twin 200's, loaded it up with every option except digital cruise for $67K and change, includes destination, delivery, dealer fees, etc.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone taken delivery on the 255 yet? I worked a deal for the 255 HO Impulse with the twin 200's, loaded it up with every option except digital cruise for $67K and change, includes destination, delivery, dealer fees, etc.
I believe that you have a good possibility of being the first.

How did your deal compare to MSRP?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@caval12000

When you take delivery, see if you have the toggle switches on your dash. Try to scroll your menu, and check out what you have then. Should be: Eco - Docking - Ski - Cruise - Normal - display.

If Im not mistaking, you cant separate the options when programming the ecu. You either have it all or nothing. If you dont, and docking mode isn't displayed, try to get them to flash it in. Its one of the best features on the Scarab, and you will come to rely on it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like I need to trade up already...

caval12000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@caval12000

When you take delivery, see if you have the toggle switches on your dash. Try to scroll your menu, and check out what you have then. Should be: Eco - Docking - Ski - Cruise - Normal - display.

If Im not mistaking, you cant separate the options when programming the ecu. You either have it all or nothing. If you dont, and docking mode isn't displayed, try to get them to flash it in. Its one of the best features on the Scarab, and you will come to rely on it.
Great advice thanks.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got exactly $10k off msrp, don't know if that's good or not with so few data points in the market.
You are the first 255 purchase that I know of. I will be excited to see pictures and read your review when you get her on the water!

$67k seems reasonable. If Yamaha comes out with a bigger boat it will certainly be priced higher.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good looking boat. I always liked the look of the Sea-Doo's and the Scarab's seem similar in a lot of ways. I would have liked to gotten a better view of the space for a head on the boat.