• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone been on one that can comment how much bigger they are than say the Scarab 215? Or how it compares to the Yamaha 240/242 size-wise? From the videos I have seen it just doesn't seem to have as much room as I would expect in a 25' boat, so I'm thinking they are bigger in person...

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has anyone been on one that can comment how much bigger they are than say the Scarab 215? Or how it compares to the Yamaha 240/242 size-wise? From the videos I have seen it just doesn't seem to have as much room as I would expect in a 25' boat, so I'm thinking they are bigger in person...
I was on one at the Dallas boat show in Feb. There's tons of room. I was a little disappointed they changed the seating from the other scarabs (the U shape in the rear seating). The seating is kinda like a yamaha with a walk through in the middle and just regular seats in the back. Nice boat though just outta my price range at the moment.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I will say that at the chocago show i walked through the other boats and when i got on that one it was big enough for me to immediately think about how much slower it would be! You would want the twin 250's on it.

Of course the rep there was telling me that they may be bringing back the wellcraft name to make a jet cuddy go fast boat.

I am interested.

caval12000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here's a size comparison I did based off the length of the boats. It compares the Scarab 255 to the Chaparral VRX 243 to the Yamaha 242 Limited S. The red lines indicate the relative size, using the Scarab as a reference. To me the main differences are the large bow in the Yamaha even though its the smallest of the three. The Scarab has by far the largest cockpit from windshield to transom and finally, the swim platform on the Yamaha is the smallest of the three. Hope this helps.

caval12000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here's a size comparison I did based off the length of the boats. It compares the Scarab 255 to the Chaparral VRX 243 to the Yamaha 242 Limited S. The red lines indicate the relative size, using the Scarab as a reference. To me the main differences are the large bow in the Yamaha even though its the smallest of the three. The Scarab has by far the largest cockpit from windshield to transom and finally, the swim platform on the Yamaha is the smallest of the three. Hope this helps.

Attachments

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a big difference in the width of the bow seating and size of head compartment in the Yami.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have one on order...April delivery 255 HO Impulse
@John M glad to have you on board, congratulations on your new boat, is this your first one ?

update your profile with your location so we know where you're at, it will also add you to the member map

John M

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No, I have had many different boats. The last one was a SeaRay 290. I have three boys who enjoy wake boarding and really liked the the design features on this boat.

John M

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We live on the inter coastal in a salt water environment. We really use the boat all year long and like that the engines are self contained and don't see salt water. On a regular boat every few years you are replacing risers and the corrosion factor is a big issue.
The 255 has a head and that keeps the rest of the family happy ! Hoping to take delivery mid april.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@John M - Congrats !
Wishing you years of Happy Boating !
Glad you're with us !
And oh yeah .........

+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 16 John M.png

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats 14 -X1 sm.jpg

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice!!! Enjoy your new toy. That thing is sick!!!

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Look at the size of that swim deck. It's huge, I love it