• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome, more pics!

John M

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Took delivery of a Scarab 255 yesterday....two hour run from Tampa to home...ran great !!!
15 hours later...love it.
Positives...very quick, great handling, excellent wake with the optional ballast. ( amazingly economical to run )
Negatives We have a lift and there is no way to reach the flush fitting. ( Engines self contained but need to flush empeller and exhaust)Scarab was quick to agree and working on a solution. I believe Yamaha has a fitting near the swim deck and imagine Scarab will have something similar.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was considering the 255 platinum but I couldn't then and still can't find one in the United states. 2016 will be out for most boats before these are available. I really like them on paper don't understand the delay getting them. Also would have to have the platinum just not a fan of the bright colors

Scarab255

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
We actually just took delivery of our 255 HO Platinum Thursday. Our dealer had another one in the showroom also. It's the first boat we've owned and it's still got the new boat smell, but we think it's awesome.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sick!!! @Scarab255 Thats an awesome looking Scarab! How much was the OTD if you dont mind me asking? Welcome to the Jetboaters community!!!

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
John M, did you order yours with twin 200's or 250's? I just ordered a green 2016 with twin 200's and I will be using it in the barnegat bay in NJ. Did you ever get a solution for flushing your engines on your boat lift?

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I made the deal with my 2014 as a trade in at Marinemax in NJ. If you know anyone who wants a pristine Scarab 195 HOI in orange, I would sell mine for just above trade to take care of taxes.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My new one arrives 6/2, which is also when I have to turn in my old one.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Scarab255 I was just curious if you boat has twin 200's or twin 250's and how she is doing now? How many hours have you clocked on it now and have you had any problems?

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@caval12000 Did you ever get your Scarab 255? If so, how do you like it?

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@John M Did you ever get your flushing concern hammered out?