• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

school me on batteries, my 255xd will get barely 3 to 4hr on float

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ordered a 27 tray from amazon from Noco. It will fit a 31 also. Going to see how it fits, its 8 buxs....lol worth the try.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If you have a charger to keep the batteries topped of then most likely it wont be able to charge 1 agm and 1 lead acid at the same time. Both batteries should be the same type. They dont have to be the same size
my noco genius 5x2 will do diff chem at same time. I have dual charger, and when i charge overnight i remove the positive cable off the start. I havent had time to remove the dvsr and grab that red loop to defeat that way yet.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
i have my bow filler cushions in the port bow compartment, the GF like to lay out in the front lol.

Theres 4 rcas being used on the tower amp. I know the first pair are input, i didnt unplug the second pair to test. The third pair has only 1 with a signal (believe ch 5) and its a low pass. I have that Y'd to my bazooka 10" tube, which has its own amp built in.
i have my bow filler cushions in the port bow compartment, the GF like to lay out in the front lol.

Theres 4 rcas being used on the tower amp. I know the first pair are input, i didnt unplug the second pair to test. The third pair has only 1 with a signal (believe ch 5) and its a low pass. I have that Y'd to my bazooka 10" tube, which has its own amp built in.
That’s very good to know about the RCA output - keeps my install clean! :)

Sorry, I miss spoke about the cushions. I meant to say that I leave the cabin (not bow cushion) at home. I keep my bow cushions installed even in tow (they won’t go anywhere even at 80 MPH speed).

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
my noco genius 5x2 will do diff chem at same time. I have dual charger, and when i charge overnight i remove the positive cable off the start. I havent had time to remove the dvsr and grab that red loop to defeat that way yet.
I turn the emergency on and place the positive on one battery and the negative on the other. Both batteries charge completely (and I’ve tested that several times). The AGM batteries still charge

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looking at house batteries now, leaning toward the Duracell AGM.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I turn the emergency on and place the positive on one battery and the negative on the other. Both batteries charge completely (and I’ve tested that several times). The AGM batteries still charge
Problem with that is your charging together, rather than have the fancy charger do what its intended to do. A good charger varies its voltage and amperage based on feed back from the battery. While you are getting both charged, its defeating the monitoring process.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are two types of AGM batteries. Lead-calcium and TPPL.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
out again today. 3hrs and the house was at 11.9 This was after an overnight charge and the noco telling me both batteries were topped off.

Whats more confusing is the start battery getting to 12.3. This was after the ride out to the spot and then anchor and hang out. Something HAS to be drawing from the start battery when in float mode. When i pop the engine hatch i can here humming as something is energized. When I shut the start knob off, instantly goes away. I would think on a fresh battery technically "isolated" as so we are told that bitch should be 12.5 12.6 volts all day when on float since its not being used. This tells me if im in float mode ill eventually run my start down also.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yes i have the buzzing too. My ski with the svho doesnt have that so when i got the boat i took a video of the buzzing and sent it to my dealer. He checked other 2021’s and yamaha told them that its normal. The start battery is being used in float mode but not much. Its only keeping the ecu and engine electrical powered up. This draws very little. The majority of the draw in float is from your house. Clearly though it seems your batteries dont have much of a reserve capacity so they draw down super quick. If your worried about the start batt then you should be changing both batteries

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I get a similar draw from my start and a buzzing sound from the engine in float. We floated for a good 5 hours blasting music and my 3 house batteries dropped to ~ 11.7 V while my start battery dropped to 12.3 and stayed there.

1 house battery will NOT run your music for several hours - (6 cabin speakers, a sound bar, and 2 x 8" Rev 8", + 2 subs and 3 amps). The battery is very fine if you're floating that long. You have to add more batteries.

I will take a photo of where I placed mine later today, if that will help

Just my $0.02

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I get a similar draw from my start and a buzzing sound from the engine in float. We floated for a good 5 hours blasting music and my 3 house batteries dropped to ~ 11.7 V while my start battery dropped to 12.3 and stayed there.

1 house battery will NOT run your music for several hours - (6 cabin speakers, a sound bar, and 2 x 8" Rev 8", + 2 subs and 3 amps). The battery is very fine if you're floating that long. You have to add more batteries.

I will take a photo of where I placed mine later today, if that will help

Just my $0.02
well it also doesnt help that i have a start battery in place of the house. Im at least going to get the house swapped out, just been gathering information on what I have before i change so i can see the actual gain.

Good to know all the boats have that buzz due to the ecm and stuff being energized, so its not just me lol.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
well it also doesnt help that i have a start battery in place of the house. Im at least going to get the house swapped out, just been gathering information on what I have before i change so i can see the actual gain.

Good to know all the boats have that buzz due to the ecm and stuff being energized, so its not just me lol.
C94B9735-AF30-48AC-91A8-47D5B1FDEB5C.jpeg

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
where u have that interstate and the red one i have a hydraulic steering assembly. Steering cables run to a ram, and then next to it is a pump and reservoir
I see..

Separately, tell me about your bazooka sub. Do you recommend it? I’m thinking about doing a set up similar to yours. I can’t fit a 10” sub anywhere without sacrificing main compartment space

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I see..

Separately, tell me about your bazooka sub. Do you recommend it? I’m thinking about doing a set up similar to yours. I can’t fit a 10” sub anywhere without sacrificing main compartment space
this is what i installed.

I took signal from ch5 on the htx4 which is for the tower. Power and ground i tapped into what feeds the htx6 and the remote turnon from the htx4.
Def added more of whats needed in the lower freq

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I had a pair of bazooka tubes in my camaro when i was a kid back in the mid 90’s. They were bad ass

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
this is what i installed.

I took signal from ch5 on the htx4 which is for the tower. Power and ground i tapped into what feeds the htx6 and the remote turnon from the htx4.
Def added more of whats needed in the lower freq
Is the amp integrated or I need to amp them up? I’ve read mixed reviews.. but I guess that’s the drawback of reviews. Those with good experience don’t leave them

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Is the amp integrated or I need to amp them up? I’ve read mixed reviews.. but I guess that’s the drawback of reviews. Those with good experience don’t leave them
amp is intergrated. Its decent, it hits harder than the stock wetsounds lol.

The biggest issue is the gains are not adjustable on the amps so the rca signals are muted compared to where we would want to set them up for warranty purposes. This tube hit harder in a robalo i had it in previous that had a headunit that i could adjust the line levels.