• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scupper cover from wakebooster kit

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have the wakebooster kit for our 2019 212x. I was going to put the scupper cover on before putting it in the slip for the season and noticed the scupper is now on the side instead of facing directly out the rear (like the older models). Is the scupper cover still needed?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
On this same topic. Does the scupper cover only come with the 21ft version, because my 24ft version didn't come with one?

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
On this same topic. Does the scupper cover only come with the 21ft version, because my 24ft version didn't come with one?
I didn't get one with my 21ft version (picked it up in March).

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes it is needed - the very reason it is needed is because it is on the side. The booster pushes a lot of water against the scupper and the cover prevents it from forcing water into the scupper drain line.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I didn't get one with mine either; bought it last week new from a dealer.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmm, I guess I will install it before putting it on the lift next weekend.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I didn't get one with my 21ft version (picked it up in March).
I didn't get one with mine either; bought it last week new from a dealer.
Did they change the wake booster? I've texted my sales guy to ask if they have. Mine definitely doesn't look like this. Although I'm kind of OK not having those tabs rubbing against my gel coat. 72991721-8757-43D2-B4B0-ADBD3B7FFC49.jpeg

I know mine looks like this and so does Pbear's. Although had no idea that hole in it is used for storage of the pin. How awesome. They change them? Also didn't have the scupper cover in my kit. Granted with the setup of the one I have I don't see how that could force water into the scupper. @PBear you have a goofy footed surfer. You notice any abnormal amount of water coming into your boat? Scupper leads up to the floor. If it shot water up there you'd notice your feet getting wet pretty quickly. LOL!
wake booster.jpg

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine looks like yours as well. NO tabs.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don’t know about the tabs but the 21’ and the 24’ versions are different shape from each other.

Edit: looking at your pics above, I believe the top one is the 21’ version and the bottom one is the 24’ version. Also if I’m not mistaken only the 21’ version comes with the scupper cover.

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don’t know about the tabs but the 21’ and the 24’ versions are different shape from each other.

Edit: looking at your pics above, I believe the top one is the 21’ version and the bottom one is the 24’ version. Also if I’m not mistaken only the 21’ version comes with the scupper cover.
Mine looks like the bottom one, without tabs. The Yamaha box shows 212X as well. Don’t know, but it works great on my boat.

B74CE3E0-6B68-4688-AC25-260F6BAF28C6.jpeg

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Mine looks like the bottom one, without tabs. The Yamaha box shows 212X as well. Don’t know, but it works great on my boat.
Pretty sure you got a bad package then. The 21' package has a booster with tabs and the curve is more flat with exaggerated curve at the tips. The 21' package also comes with a scupper cover because the shape of the 21' booster forces water against the scupper. The 24' has a much more round shape to it and no tabs - it does not come with a scupper cover. So I think you got a 24' kit in a 212x box. To confirm check out this thread.
Most of us got kits that match up with those Yamaha product images.

Edit: Unless of course Yamaha decided to start shipping the 24' booster shape for both model sizes, I hadn't heard that though - seems like a mix up to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pretty sure you got a bad package then. The 21' package has a booster with tabs and the curve is more flat with exaggerated curve at the tips. The 21' package also comes with a scupper cover because the shape of the 21' booster forces water against the scupper. The 24' has a much more round shape to it and no tabs - it does not come with a scupper cover. So I think you got a 24' kit in a 212x box. To confirm check out this thread.
Most of us got kits that match up with those Yamaha product images.

Edit: Unless of course Yamaha decided to start shipping the 24' booster shape for both model sizes, I hadn't heard that though - seems like a mix up to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm thinking Yamaha changed it. As so far everyone with a new boat and/or bought a new wakebooster recently within the last year for a 21' has the one with no tabs and no scupper cover.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn't think my 2020 has a scupper - I only have the one drain plug with on the keel. Maybe I need to investigate...

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I didn't think my 2020 has a scupper - I only have the one drain plug with on the keel. Maybe I need to investigate...
Mine is by the starboard pump up near the top left. It'd be tough to get water up in there, I would think.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Mine is by the starboard pump up near the top left. It'd be tough to get water up in there, I would think.
Went home tonight and checked the boat, confirm that is on the same side!

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes it is needed - the very reason it is needed is because it is on the side. The booster pushes a lot of water against the scupper and the cover prevents it from forcing water into the scupper drain line.
What @MidnightRider said - we had a ton of water come in yesterday thru the supper when the wake booster was on the starboard side (same side as the scupper). Water was pouring in. Just stock boat ballast. We had no problems when the booster was on the port side. I have the booster that Yamaha says is for the 212X (no tabs and no scupper cover).

Time to figure out a solution as every thing on the floor of the boat got wet when I stopped and the water all rushed forward to the bow.