• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scupper

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I got mine from Amazon. About $65.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is in pretty good shape. After I clean the boat I spray 303 on all the plastic and rubber, it really makes difference. If this is a big issue and a bunch of you guys need to replace them, I could probably make some. I'll have to take a look, but I know I could mold it and make it in PU. Probably even machine it if the PU isn't the right material.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that's a possibility then I'd be interested. I do a visual check of mine every time I put the plug in. I'm mainly looking for cracks. The only thing stopping me from replacing it with a metal one is that I don't have a grinder to make it fit right.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No grinder? Sit in your trunk while someone drives you around the block while holding the scupper against the pavement. You might get a few looks ...... or citations!!

@txav8r Thanks for the model #

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The scupper needs a grind.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I couldn't see cracks on the outside of mine. It broke right where the threads start. Might need to lift the flap and check it on the inside.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, I bet the hole in the fiberglass is well over 1.5 inch.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the opening in the scupper 1 1/2"? If the hose breaks off inside, the best I'd be able to do in a pinch, if I can't beach it, is grab a plug or a plastic bag, jump over and find the bottom of the transom to plug the scupper opening.

But you make a good point. On the sailboat we keep wooden bung plugs sized for every through hull on the boat. Shouldn't be any different on the Yammie I suppose. Boating primarily on a narrow waterway like the Colorado River makes it easy to run her up on the beach. Out in the ocean, that little piece of wood can save the boat.

So now I'm thinking; 'check all the holes in the boat very closely' is on the list for the next time out. Boy the list is getting longer and longer.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A piece of pool noodle could work in a pinch.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to make something for the exhaust ports. That's the biggest weakness.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just remember, both the scupper and the transom drain are out of the water when on step at speed! If you know for sure it is one of them, crank and go! But don't just assume, could be an exhaust or cooling leak and running would pour more water into the boat, not drain it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just remember, both the scupper and the transom drain are out of the water when on step at speed! If you know for sure it is one of them, crank and go! But don't just assume, could be an exhaust or cooling leak and running would pour more water into the boat, not drain it.
Good point Mel.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To put the attwood scupper on a 230 series boat the big flange needs turned down to a 2.75 inch diameter. It will fit perfect after that. Bruce if you have access to a lathe that is the best way to do it. I did mine in about 2 minutes.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I considered just putting it on my drill press stem (don't have a metal lathe), and using the grinder to trim it down evenly...lame I know but I bet it would work nicely!

BoatSki

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to do this but I would love to know if there is a replacement one that fits and one that will last the life of the boat.