• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

*shiver* Does anyone snowboard?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@RiverRat: I‘ve never heard of Mt. Lacrosse - looks pretty nice! I live five minutes from Little Switz and about 15 minutes from Sunburst. They’re not much but they’re close. I’ve been down to Alpine Valley a couple times and that’s a little nicer. What year T Rice is that? I had one for a couple of seasons and liked it a lot but I wanted something a little stiffer. My Billy Goat is a bit too much board for Wisconsin terrain but it shines out west.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@RiverRat: I‘ve never heard of Mt. Lacrosse - looks pretty nice! I live five minutes from Little Switz and about 15 minutes from Sunburst. They’re not much but they’re close. I’ve been down to Alpine Valley a couple times and that’s a little nicer. What year T Rice is that? I had one for a couple of seasons and liked it a lot but I wanted something a little stiffer. My Billy Goat is a bit too much board for Wisconsin terrain but it shines out west.
I’m pretty sure my T Rice is an 18. I love the Magnatraction.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought the full Magnetraction on the T Rice was a little “catchy”. The Billy Goat has Magnetration 0.5 - what they call “mellow mag“ - and it feels much better to me.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had my board waxed last weekend so I'm ready to go.

My girlfriend and I booked a trip to Breck from 2/22 through 2/26. Figured I'd stay away from weekends and have easier access with the Epic Day Pass.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
STOP!
I cringe at the mention of snow. I’m responsible for a 600 acre state university. With 5 miles of roads, 7 miles of paths, an academic “plaza” and several huge parking lots. I gotta push that shit around every time it drops.
STOP!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

My girlfriend and I booked a trip to Breck from 2/22 through 2/26. Figured I'd stay away from weekends and have easier access with the Epic Day Pass.
Even with the epic you cant just show up, i have it too, go to epicpass/reservations and reserve you ski days or you will be out. I checked today for mine. Next week

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Make your reservations yet. We went with a small local hill this season for co vid. (Monarch)

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ski season is going to be a mess this year and with the covid running wild who know's if there will even be a ski season if restrictions are going to be tightened. I wouldn't be planning a big expensive trip this year unless there's a clear cancellation policy that allows you a full discount. Our local ski resorts put their plans out for this year and it's going to suck. You are going to have to social distance while in line, there will be an empty lane between any 2 lanes, they won't be forcing you to ride with anyone that's not in your group so there will be plenty of chairs with 1 person. I have a season pass that lets us ski at 3 resorts, I was hoping that they were going to open to season pass holders only but they aren't. My only hope for a decent ski season is that my work goes to work from home, I'd work from our townhouse at the ski resort and ski 7 days a week.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Think I'm headed to wolf creek Dec 5

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Skier here! Used to get a seasons pass at Holiday Valley down in Ellicottville NY! Closest and best place within driving distance from our house in Niagara ON - 1 1/2 hr drive. Covid put a bit of a roadblock up this year... looks like we’ll be getting passes at Blue Mountain in Collingwood.. nice place, but 2 and a half hours one way... no more day trips :(

didn’t stop me from buying a new set of K2 Pinnacle Ski boots though 😎

anybody else ski NY/Ontario??
51DA689C-1111-46F4-8646-8E52F71C7AE6.pngEFDB44F9-8FB1-4E0A-A0A8-5A081BEBFD3F.jpeg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
North east here... we get powder days just need to chase them . I have really been enjoying the never summer instigator it rides like a wakeboard quick edge to edge transitions can ride powder and the flexible nose is very forgiving on your body almost like a shock absorber

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its has great coverage and the lines flow well considering.
Yeah, I started my kiddos skiing there as Wolf Pups back in 2004. Been going ever since.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I started my kiddos skiing there as Wolf Pups back in 2004. Been going ever since.
Yeah man, I was just giving you some co vid info. Just skied Wolf.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I LOVE snowboarding,

I hate hobbling around and riding the lift with one foot in and then having to strap in at the top every time, (on top of that, getting older, fatter and less limber I actually had a problem reaching my straps and then standing up, that was so embarrassing to type)

but the feeling of gliding down that hill, carving and freely turning 360's is great,
Ive had my board paid for now for a while. Time for step ins this year for me as my bindings are due for some parts or replacement anyway. Done with strapping in for those reasons above as well.

Love our mountain time though. Fresh air, great views and family time. Hoping we get to go this year after missing our trip last year due to covid.

Attachments