• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My Sierra has physical buttons for everything as well. Although as soon as you touch one that has a display on the screen, the damn thing comes back on. It's all but impossible to back up at night with the windows up because of the screen and it's reflection on the inside of the glass. Have to roll down the windows to see the mirrors because of that. If it's raining and dark then I just hope I don't hit anything because I can't see shit out of the side mirror.
Actually played with this, and They took care of your concerns. If you use the physical buttons, only that change will display on the screen while the rest stays dark. After a few seconds it goes back to 100% dark.

318E6C39-4C0C-4BC9-AF09-82EFDE7205AA.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for noting this. I had been considering one in a few years, but had dismissed the new ram because it appeared the big screen removed physical controls for most functions. Knowing it has those controls does put it back in contention. If they'd just stuff a 392 in it, they'd be nearly impossible to beat.
Give it about two years and they will do you one better. They will be making two performance models, one of the 6.2 hellcat and an all new 426 HEMI. Price may be another thing but the options will be there lol

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 392 would be nice but that 5.7 HeMI is a beast of a motor. Hands down better than any ford or chevy motor I have driven... I have driven all three for work and the HEMI easily won. And when I work I really put these engines through their paces.. . The HEMI is what turned me into a dodge guy first. If u get the throttle just right when its in high gear and start accelerating without giving it enough gas to down shift the damn thing sounds like it is growling as all that torque is pinning u to the seat. Love that freaking motor. I drive a Tahoe now with what they call a v8 but compared to the HEMI it might as well be a 4 cylinder. I know everyone likes their brands. I use to be a ford guy but after multiple bad experiences with the 5.4 crap in late 2000 I went to the HEMI and never looked back. I own two dodge durangos now.. Lol.. If I could afford one I would buy one of those nice rams... But not in the cards right now..

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A9A7C443-A92D-423F-99A2-5BF1DA79A927.jpeg Here is my other tow rig. Doesn’t pull nearly as well as my 1 ton diesel, but it is good for family camping trips.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Give it about two years and they will do you one better. They will be making two performance models, one of the 6.2 hellcat and an all new 426 HEMI. Price may be another thing but the options will be there lol
I've heard that too, but I dont want a fancy offroad model or a super hopped up version. I just want a normal truck with a bit more than the 5.7 offers. And it's not because the 5.7 leaves me wanting more, it's just because I know they have it.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 79511 Here is my other tow rig. Doesn’t pull nearly as well as my 1 ton diesel, but it is good for family camping trips.
How do you get along launching with that rig? I’ve thought about it, but am too chicken to try. Particularly since I’m using my grandparents rig that sits much of the year in recent years and have questionable faith in it.

Aside from worrying about the turn around space required, I’m worried about brakes holding and the whole thing going in the water. That’s probably unreasonable, but it’s what I’m most concerned about. Lol

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The thought of the brakes not holding entered my head too. I keep a heavy duty wheel chock in the back compartment. When I get backed in to launch I have a cheap hand held radio to tell my wife to put the wheel chock down just in case. After loading she grabs it as I pull out. It actually went smoother than I thought the first time we did it.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
2080FFB6-9748-440E-86AF-ABE1653225A5.jpeg Best part of the day before the piece of shit hit the water (the boat)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 80021 Best part of the day before the piece of shit hit the water (the boat)
The new dodges are sharp. I just went online and built a limited with a msrp of $56k. Seems like you can get a Ram for a pretty good price compared to Ford. I’m still an F150 guy though! I’m driving my ‘13 Fx4 with a 5.0 v8 until the wheels fall off it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting ready to head camping with my red beast of a Ford Ranger

ranger.jpg

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce Vance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Upgraded late last year after a couple of mechanical failures on our 08 Yukon to this set up. 2018 F150 3.5 EcoBoost with the max tow package. Absolutely love the set up. Can't tell the boat is even behind it. Truck is on a 6 inch lift with 35 x 12.50 x 22 tires.

Attachments

Bruce Vance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Better throw some spinach in the gas tank!

Hasn't been too bad yet. Almost diesel range on torque, more than the 5.0 liters. Doesn't drink fuel towing. So far pretty happy with it, and the back up pro assist is great for the wife.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Upgraded late last year after a couple of mechanical failures on our 08 Yukon to this set up. 2018 F150 3.5 EcoBoost with the max tow package. Absolutely love the set up. Can't tell the boat is even behind it. Truck is on a 6 inch lift with 35 x 12.50 x 22 tires.
Sharp rig man. I have a '13 FX4 with the 5.0 and 35's. It pulls my 242S no problem at all. Not as much torque as the Eco, but damn it sounds good with the Corsa sport exhaust I am running.

Bruce Vance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sharp rig man. I have a '13 FX4 with the 5.0 and 35's. It pulls my 242S no problem at all. Not as much torque as the Eco, but damn it sounds good with the Corsa sport exhaust I am running.

Thanks. Yeah I love the sounds of the 5.0's, and there isn't that much difference in fuel usage, specially when lifted and towing. Haha. But really liked all the extra grunt down low on take off and large hills.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hasn't been too bad yet. Almost diesel range on torque, more than the 5.0 liters. Doesn't drink fuel towing. So far pretty happy with it, and the back up pro assist is great for the wife.
The spinach comment was meant for the Ranger pulling the huge camper, lol. Your F150 is sweet. Love those wheels/tires. Plan to lift my Canyon and put similar wheels on it.:thumbsup:

Bruce Vance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The spinach comment was meant for the Ranger pulling the huge camper, lol. Your F150 is sweet. Love those wheels/tires. Plan to lift my Canyon and put similar wheels on it.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I thought maybe it was for the little EcoBoost that could. Haha