• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally did some towing with the TBSS. It.pulled it like a champ, but I could DEFINITELY tell it was.back there, people.who say they can't feel.itnare either liars or their vehicles are already slow and brake poorly lol. Also, it was easy to tell.because it took up the entire rear view mirror.

All the same, it sure does look good pulling it.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I Installed an above ground pool this weekend and used interlocking workout mats over concrete as the base. This is what it looked like before we put up the pool.
2B75EA71-681F-420D-9A77-C22289D1DF5D.jpeg94F26077-038A-40D7-A6EB-6772058A7AF2.jpeg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 185390
Finally back to a Ford, traded in the Suburban. Could not be happier to ditch the 5.3 and go back to the 3.5 ECOBOOST (as I had in my 2017 F150)!
Nice! Did you go with the max tow package? We have a '19 Expedition and we did not since we have a HD Ram diesel that is built for towing heavy. The Exp handles the boat beautifully though. My only complaint is the small fuel tank.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally did some towing with the TBSS. It.pulled it like a champ, but I could DEFINITELY tell it was.back there, people.who say they can't feel.itnare either liars or their vehicles are already slow and brake poorly lol. Also, it was easy to tell.because it took up the entire rear view mirror.

All the same, it sure does look good pulling it.
I think that's the first time I've seen your SS on here. Definitely looks good pulling the boat. Makes me miss mine a bit.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Did you go with the max tow package? We have a '19 Expedition and we did not since we have a HD Ram diesel that is built for towing heavy. The Exp handles the boat beautifully though. My only complaint is the small fuel tank.
What's in the max tow package? We have a 19 and now I'm curious if we have it. It has just about everything else.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that's the first time I've seen your SS on here. Definitely looks good pulling the boat. Makes me miss mine a bit.
In fact it is, it was first time it's been hooked up to the boat, lol.

It's not a perfect vehicle, but I really like it. It puts a smile.on my face almost every time I drive it, even when I drive it like a daddy mobile. I think that counts for a lot. It's got enough space, the handling is pretty good for what it is, looks are still killer. Just need to get my stereo finished, and the longtubes amd e fans on, and it's gonna be just about perfect. The fact that it rips when asked to doesn't hurt either. I wish it had a 6l80, but it is what it is, lol.

You could get into one that isn't trashed for less than the shocks on your q7! Lol.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes, it’s got the max tow package. I agree, I would like the 36 gallon tank that is available on the F150.

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They were both clean for once (truck is never clean) so I had to snap the required storage unit pic 🤣. 2019 Chevy Trail Boss LT and 2020 195S
20220812_145353.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In fact it is, it was first time it's been hooked up to the boat, lol.

It's not a perfect vehicle, but I really like it. It puts a smile.on my face almost every time I drive it, even when I drive it like a daddy mobile. I think that counts for a lot. It's got enough space, the handling is pretty good for what it is, looks are still killer. Just need to get my stereo finished, and the longtubes amd e fans on, and it's gonna be just about perfect. The fact that it rips when asked to doesn't hurt either. I wish it had a 6l80, but it is what it is, lol.

You could get into one that isn't trashed for less than the shocks on your q7! Lol.
Yea, I know. They've come down in price quite a bit since I had one. I stole mine at $10k purchase price, but even then put another $500/mo into it to keep it running because I bought a bad specimen. All the things you said are true though, it's still a looker and will still rip along and surprise the heck out of a good number of more modern vehicles.

The things I would miss are some of the tech and the fuel mileage. Heads up display, adaptive suspension, 4 wheel steering, adaptive cruise, Android Auto and the rare occasion we use the 3rd row.

I really think I'm going to end up back in a pickup at some point. Trying to decide if I want to put any more cash in mods into the Q7 currently. Stage 2 tune with new pullies and a few maintenance items will be around $2,500. Get up to ~410-420hp or so. 325hp isn't bad with the 8spd, but it doesn't hit quite as hard as the SS did. New electric Silverado will be here in a year or so (hopefully), not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze on the Q7, or if I just keep riding it out and fixing broken stuff until then.

If I totalled the Q7 today, I would be looking for a new 3.0L AT4 on a dealership lot somewhere. I like my "point and shoot" SUV, but it doesn't work for me as well as my pickup did.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea, I know. They've come down in price quite a bit since I had one. I stole mine at $10k purchase price, but even then put another $500/mo into it to keep it running because I bought a bad specimen. All the things you said are true though, it's still a looker and will still rip along and surprise the heck out of a good number of more modern vehicles.

The things I would miss are some of the tech and the fuel mileage. Heads up display, adaptive suspension, 4 wheel steering, adaptive cruise, Android Auto and the rare occasion we use the 3rd row.

I really think I'm going to end up back in a pickup at some point. Trying to decide if I want to put any more cash in mods into the Q7 currently. Stage 2 tune with new pullies and a few maintenance items will be around $2,500. Get up to ~410-420hp or so. 325hp isn't bad with the 8spd, but it doesn't hit quite as hard as the SS did. New electric Silverado will be here in a year or so (hopefully), not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze on the Q7, or if I just keep riding it out and fixing broken stuff until then.

If I totalled the Q7 today, I would be looking for a new 3.0L AT4 on a dealership lot somewhere. I like my "point and shoot" SUV, but it doesn't work for me as well as my pickup did.
4 wheel steering is one of those things you really only need in a big vehicle IMO. The q7 being longer than the TBSS makes sense. I will say, the turning circle on the TBSS is really quite good. The turning circle on our Expedition however, is insane. I'm pretty sure it cuts a tighter u turn than the tbss, which has no problem with u turns, lol.

Adaptive suspension, meh. A good suspension tune is better than any adaptive system ive used outside of the horrifically expensive hydraulic ones. There's only so much shock adjustments can do, and imo, mag ride and similar shock only systems don't live up to the hype.

HUD and carplay can be added, I never use it on our cars, but I guess I don't interact with the phone a lot while driving. Some people swear by it and I've never gotten the value out of it. HUD on the other hand, I think everything should have a HUD. Being able.to see speed and temperatures in the vette is a huge bonus to me, and everything should have it.

3rd row... that one of those things you never know when you'll need. Trucks don't have 3rd rows either though!

Adaptive cruise... yeah, I feel that. I don't do a ton of highway in the SS because the expedition is the family car, but I use the adaptive cruise all the time. It's another great feature that I'd have a hard time buying a vehicle without.

I often flirt with the idea of a truck next. You look at what you get out of an f150 vs something like an Explorer st, and a loaded f150 is 6k more msrp but you get a LOT more from it. I just hated how floaty my f150 was with the fx4 package. If I had lowered it, I'd have probably liked it a lot more. I don't NEED a bed, but it's nice to have sometimes. And the coyote f150s get up to 600+ hp really easily with a rough or Whipple supercharger for 8 grand. Ecoboosts of course get to the 500s for just a tune, but I've yet to hear a good sounding ecoboost f150 exhaust.

I still want a hellcat Durango next, but if those become.cost prohibitive, a blower f150 could be an option. Or i guess a blower 6.2 silverado rst.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2021 Chevy Tahoe Z71 + 2022 AR195.

Tahoe yanks it around like it's not even there. Bonus, the rear hatch gate just clears the winch post.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 wheel steering is one of those things you really only need in a big vehicle IMO. The q7 being longer than the TBSS makes sense. I will say, the turning circle on the TBSS is really quite good. The turning circle on our Expedition however, is insane. I'm pretty sure it cuts a tighter u turn than the tbss, which has no problem with u turns, lol.

Adaptive suspension, meh. A good suspension tune is better than any adaptive system ive used outside of the horrifically expensive hydraulic ones. There's only so much shock adjustments can do, and imo, mag ride and similar shock only systems don't live up to the hype.

HUD and carplay can be added, I never use it on our cars, but I guess I don't interact with the phone a lot while driving. Some people swear by it and I've never gotten the value out of it. HUD on the other hand, I think everything should have a HUD. Being able.to see speed and temperatures in the vette is a huge bonus to me, and everything should have it.

3rd row... that one of those things you never know when you'll need. Trucks don't have 3rd rows either though!

Adaptive cruise... yeah, I feel that. I don't do a ton of highway in the SS because the expedition is the family car, but I use the adaptive cruise all the time. It's another great feature that I'd have a hard time buying a vehicle without.

I often flirt with the idea of a truck next. You look at what you get out of an f150 vs something like an Explorer st, and a loaded f150 is 6k more msrp but you get a LOT more from it. I just hated how floaty my f150 was with the fx4 package. If I had lowered it, I'd have probably liked it a lot more. I don't NEED a bed, but it's nice to have sometimes. And the coyote f150s get up to 600+ hp really easily with a rough or Whipple supercharger for 8 grand. Ecoboosts of course get to the 500s for just a tune, but I've yet to hear a good sounding ecoboost f150 exhaust.

I still want a hellcat Durango next, but if those become.cost prohibitive, a blower f150 could be an option. Or i guess a blower 6.2 silverado rst.
Yea, no 3rd row in the pickup.

I like the height control more than the adaptive damping. Honestly, don't really like the soft springs at the low height settings, but the change in damping makes it OK-ish. I use the low ride height for daily driving, but always end up in the highest setting during the weekend at some point. Parking in a field for a soccer game, or driving through a pothole filled parking lot to get to this that or the other place. Seems like I adjust it weekly. Just leaving it up would be fine as well, but daily driving sucks up there.

This past weekend I took a ladder, a pressure washer, coolers, supplies, clothes, and tools up to camp. Rear hatch was full, pressure washer on the hitch carrier and ladder on the roof rack. It worked, but a pickup would've made that trip so much easier. I'm looking at home improvement and camp improvement project in the springtime, and I'll be doing this kind of hauling crap more and more often I think. I could get a small utility trailer, but that's just one more thing in the fleet of crap to manage. Pickup just makes that stuff easy.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's in the max tow package? We have a 19 and now I'm curious if we have it. It has just about everything else.
The easiest way to tell if you have the max tow is that you have the trailer reversing steering knob thing on the dash. If you don't have the package, like us, the Expedition has a 6k pound max tow rating. With max tow I think is 9600. We have a very loaded Limited and I think the only thing it doesn't have is the messaging seat that the Platinum has and 4wd. It's the nicest vehicle we've ever owned.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The easiest way to tell if you have the max tow is that you have the trailer reversing steering knob thing on the dash. If you don't have the package, like us, the Expedition has a 6k pound max tow rating. With max tow I think is 9600. We have a very loaded Limited and I think the only thing it doesn't have is the messaging seat that the Platinum has and 4wd. It's the nicest vehicle we've ever owned.
Ours is a stealth edition limited. We do have the reversing knob, so that's cool to know we have max tow. We love ours.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up this 2020 Toyota Tundra yesterday and it tows our AR250 very well to say the least.
DC09E5F4-7429-4D47-9261-CAF061FECEA2.jpeg

Masbury

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My 2018 Land Rover Discovery HSE LUX 3.0 Turbo Diesel. It surprises everyone when I tell them it can tow 7700 lbs. Pulled my new boat 550 miles home and I ran 75 mph like nothing was there!

Attachments