• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She is starting to show signs of wear. (2014) So far not mechanically. Estimate for new headliner and worst case scenario replacement of all sun roof components is up to 3k.
Dodge was not interested in entertaining the repair. Will see if I can get cheaper estimates at body shop not part of any auto dealership. Windshield may be removed in order to replace the headliner.
Cheap fix roll of duct tape. Went to car wash and it passed the test!
I just went through this with my F250 sunroof. Search the web for sunroof components if it's not opening/closing right - I'm sure plenty of videos to fix it. Not that expensive. $75 for new headliner material - Ebay, $25 for 3M spray headliner glue (hardest thing for me to find, Autozone next town over had it), $55 for track part kit (yours might be more, not sure) - Ebay, brass wire brush wheel for drill $15(to remove old headliner foam) - Lowes, if you don't have it a fastener removal tool $15 (you'll use this more over the years than you realize), and a lot of patience/videos/plastic removal tool for panels and such and take your time. I have a King Ranch Crew Cab F250 and I got my headliner out the passenger front door after carefully maneuvering it. TBH - It's just a big puzzle to take it apart, and put it back together. First thing to check with sunroof.....the drain tubes in each corner. Especially the two up front on each side. Dust/pollen/etc sometimes backs them up and you have to use compressor air to blow them out. If you have a Ford - well that sunroof sucks because the side tracks are aluminum, and the front and rear are made of plastic using this sticky sealant that never really hardens to seal between the aluminum and plastic. Sealant is like $18 for a tube, and you'll need a rivet gun after you take it apart to put the sunroof back together. Honestly, watch some videos and you can knock it out in a few hours if you have all of your parts/supplies ready to go.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2022 Jeep GC V6 80th Addition w/factory tow package and 4x4 rated for 6200. Towing Yamaha 252SE with fuel is at 6200.
good looking ride...
we have a 2017 that the wife pulled our ar240 with. while the factory tow pkg is a must, the platform is solid. the v6 could use more power tho for highway towing. in feb she upgraded to a gcl with the v8, but still haven't towed with it yet.
curious if you actually weighed the boat at a scale? as it looks like you have a trailer valet as your trailer jack? wonder what your tongue wt is? also what drop/rise ball mount are you using?

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
good looking ride...
we have a 2017 that the wife pulled our ar240 with. while the factory tow pkg is a must, the platform is solid. the v6 could use more power tho for highway towing. in feb she upgraded to a gcl with the v8, but still haven't towed with it yet.
curious if you actually weighed the boat at a scale? as it looks like you have a trailer valet as your trailer jack? wonder what your tongue wt is? also what drop/rise ball mount are you using?
Yeah I pretty much never go past 60 mph on highway. Also because I don’t want to take the top down and 60 is pretty much max. The trailer Valet adds 50lbs of tounge weight which I know is not great, but it has come in handy, plus the extra tongue weight is a good thing at the ramp. I also don’t need to fill up 75 gallons. 40-50 is more than enough which saves a little weight. Braking and stability doesn’t feel like a problem. I would like the v8 if it was an option when I bought, but this seems to work. 4x4 is also a must. I come right out in 4x4 low when other trucks are sliding with smaller boats and are either 4x2 or low weight in the back and they have to pile 3-5 guys in the bed to get out.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I actually have 2 now. I tow with the camper and launch with the SUV (4WD)

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Get to see how the wife's car tows tomorrow. First time pulling this with anything besides the ol' 7.3.View attachment 181745View attachment 181746
I have the Platinum model, and pull my 2021 212SE no problem. I've had to bury the rear wheels in the water because the ramp is so shallow. You won't even know she's back there. You could pull a 275 no problem. Ford went back to RWD in 2020, with intelligent 4WD. You're golden.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Max Gross weight 5,622#
Gross vehicle weight rating 10,913#
Leaves 5,291# for trailer
Limited to 4,409# for grades up to 12% when trailer has brakes.
We don't have many 12% grades in Florida.
Interesting. Porsche state 4409 across the board.