• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally done with FOMOCO!! After 2 blown turbos, 2 O2 sensors, transmission, timing chain, perpetual P305 that the dealer can't remedy and numerous other smaller issues, all before 90k miles, both the Explorer and Navigator are out the door and washed our hands of Blue Oval! To be fair, all of the issues were with the Explorer, loved the Navi! We should have upgraded a lot sooner!

Wife wanted something a bit more fun and fitting for her personality, and I was tired of dumping money into the endless Explorer pit she went with the new Jeep Wrangler Willy's 2.0L turbo, She LOVES it! A bit too small and rough for me, but hey, as they say, It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand (cult as I'm finding out.) :oops: It is fun to drive, but not a daily for me!
20220208_170036.jpg

I upgraded the tow rig to a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2L with the performance pack that consists of the factory installed cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust bringing the power to 430HP and 470 lbft of torque. Amazing vehicle with all the tech and power and much better fuel economy than the Navi. Makes pulling the Yammy, sleds and fishing boat easy-peasy. Didn't see the need to go diesel. I was completely flabbergasted at the amount of room in the cabin. It's a little scary in performance mode! :D
AT4.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally done with FOMOCO!! After 2 blown turbos, 2 O2 sensors, transmission, timing chain, perpetual P305 that the dealer can't remedy and numerous other smaller issues, all before 90k miles, both the Explorer and Navigator are out the door and washed our hands of Blue Oval! To be fair, all of the issues were with the Explorer, loved the Navi! We should have upgraded a lot sooner!

Wife wanted something a bit more fun and fitting for her personality, and I was tired of dumping money into the endless Explorer pit she went with the new Jeep Wrangler Willy's 2.0L turbo, She LOVES it! A bit too small and rough for me, but hey, as they say, It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand (cult as I'm finding out.) :oops: It is fun to drive, but not a daily for me!
View attachment 174009

I upgraded the tow rig to a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2L with the performance pack that consists of the factory installed cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust bringing the power to 430HP and 470 lbft of torque. Amazing vehicle with all the tech and power and much better fuel economy than the Navi. Makes pulling the Yammy, sleds and fishing boat easy-peasy. Didn't see the need to go diesel. I was completely flabbergasted at the amount of room in the cabin. It's a little scary in performance mode! :D
View attachment 174011
Pretty impressed you found an AT4 on the lot. I've had my eyes peeled for awhile and there just aren't many around locally.

Did you get the updated interior or the same interior as the '21? I've only seen of few of the updated interiors in the wild (on forums and such).

The 6.2L and 10spd transmission make for a great combo. Biggest suggestion I have is to stick to 5k oil change intervals with quality oils. Keep the lifters happy, and they'll serve you well for years.

Sharp new rides!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

View attachment 174009

View attachment 174011
Congratulations on the new ride!

My wife has a 2007 Jeep Commander that we bought new and she still loves. I, on the other hand, like driving a full-size Ram 1500. Fortunately for me, I do most of the driving, so it's in my truck and not her Jeep. :)

The Sierra looks like a powerhouse, what is the tow capacity on that bad boy?

Jim

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you! @2kwik4u it is not the refreshed interior, I believe those started rolling out this year for the late 22's/23's, they do look sharp with the massive displays and shifter. I have been researching the AT4's for quite some time and it happened to be the right place, right time, right options and right engine, the stars aligned. It was hard for me to find one on the lot longer than a few days before they were gone!

@Jim_in_Delaware Thanks! It is pretty crazy how the Jeep thing is actually a thing, the wave, the ducks, speaking of ducks, she got her first "duck" and I was like WTF is this? Holy cow... another cult thing?!?!

Surprisingly, because of the AT4 "Off Road" equipment and options, that reduces the rated towing capacity to 9,500lbs, that was quite surprising to me. It certainly doesn't lack the power, pulls the 242 effortlessly! That's plenty for my needs thus pulling the trigger, anything with more weight I'd be looking at the AT4 HD.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surprisingly, because of the AT4 "Off Road" equipment and options, that reduces the rated towing capacity to 9,500lbs, that was quite surprising to me. It certainly doesn't lack the power, pulls the 242 effortlessly! That's plenty for my needs thus pulling the trigger, anything with more weight I'd be looking at the AT4 HD.
I found an AT4 HD the other day. White on black. Already had the topper, roof rails, tint, wheel and tire setup. Read to go. Used with 16k miles.....$80k. Just so happened to see it's twin while sitting at lunch last week. Holy cheese and rice it was giant. Not sure I want something that big for a daily driver.

Wasn't this one, but I'm surprised to this one still available. I saved it almost a week ago now!

CarGurus - 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Crew Cab 4WD - $58,950

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I found an AT4 HD the other day. White on black. Already had the topper, roof rails, tint, wheel and tire setup. Read to go. Used with 16k miles.....$80k. Just so happened to see it's twin while sitting at lunch last week. Holy cheese and rice it was giant. Not sure I want something that big for a daily driver.

Wasn't this one, but I'm surprised to this one still available. I saved it almost a week ago now!

CarGurus - 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Crew Cab 4WD - $58,950
Yeah they are not cheap!!💸 Two of my buddies have the Sierra HD's one AT4 and one Black Diamond they are beasts, both are diesel and luckily not their daily driver. I won't even tell you exactly what I paid for mine with a 6 year 175k bumper to bumper warranty, I negotiated the heck out of mine for under $50k, picked it up before the fit hit the shan around the world and prices skyrocketed! Crazy... Gar Gurus is saying that one is still $3,500 BELOW market value! :oops:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What model camper is that? Wife and I have been debating getting one of these.
(2019 Lance 650 Roadster) Turns out my camper is more like 2600 lbs, which makes me approx. 200 lbs overweight. Then add the tongue weight of the trailer, and I'm about 650 overweight. Only positive is that I'm still under weight on the axles. Turns out the Ram 2500 4x2 with Cummins has about 500 lb more payload capacity, and about 800 more with the Hemi. So having the 4x4 is an issue. I wouldn't opt for the Hemi because it has cylinder shutoff (MDS). The truck comes standard with a Class V tow hitch, and is fifth wheel/gooseneck ready. The towing capacity is approx 17,000, and the max tongue weight is 3750, but the GVW is 10,000. My only alternative is to get a 3500, but I'm not doing that. As long as I stay under the rear axle rating, I'm going to roll with it.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have another GMC when I need to pull heavier than my 2500HD... a K5500HD long box regular cab... with the optional 71 series diesel V8 and 13 speed manual... Jimmy with a Jimmy...
26,000 GVW and 11,000 empty... 🤣 [flag]

IMAG1572.jpgIMAG1585.jpgIMAG1603_small.jpgIMAG1694.jpgIMAG1919.jpg

Denis Satonin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My New Tow Rig.Had Jeep and Jeep didn't like towing it lol. It didn't do horrible but it was struggling so I upgraded for a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado LT with towing package and other packages and towing Like a dream.

Attachments

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
1648669001025.jpeg

2022 GMC Yukon XL with 2022 Yamaha SX195

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always thought those were cool trucks... They should have had the lightning or harley motor and would have been awesome then. Now that I think about it, that's probably an easy swap... Are those 4x4?
It moves pretty good. It's 300hp 5.4l, 2wd. Mines got MSD ignition and Flowmaster exhaust with about 35k miles. Pretty much mint but paint is fading after 20 years.