• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My buddy had one for like a month, until the dealer agreed to take it back and to my surprise this was with the Cummings. He stated they are complete garbage, obviously he all kinds of problems with it. He now has an F150 and is happy. This might be why they no longer offer this truck.
Nissan had a lot of emissions issues with that engine. I hear the engines are reliable, but choked out with emissions stuff.

They also were a weird niche truck, and I think people just want a 2500 truck in many cases. Nissan thought that people didn't want a 2500 because they were too rough. They absolutely were right that most 2500 buyers don't need a 2500 for towing, but missed that people buy 2500s because they're so big.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful...love the built-in tool boxes....
Thanks! The boxes were a must have for me. I had them on my 09 and once you have them you will never want to go back.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I just pick up the new ride on Monday. I traded my 2009 Ram 1500 for this 2022 Ram 1500 Limited. The air suspension gives it an incredible ride and the 5.7L Hemi with the ETorque should be perfect for towing the boat. The weather is getting nicer by the day and boating season is getting closer.
Beautiful truck. I wanted that same color but no luck finding one. Going to look at a silver 2021 Laramie with only 3,500 miles on it. Same HEMI with the 3.92. Price is actually very attractive considering the current market. Still wish I could get that gray instead though.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful truck. I wanted that same color but no luck finding one. Going to look at a silver 2021 Laramie with only 3,500 miles on it. Same HEMI with the 3.92. Price is actually very attractive considering the current market. Still wish I could get that gray instead though.
Good luck! I had to travel almost 5 hrs away to get mine.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went down the road to get some wood from storm damage over the weekend. Here’s what I could fit on the trailer tonight. Going back for a second load hopefully tomorrow if it doesn’t snow.
0036B617-8F6D-459C-888F-3DA99ADB978D.jpeg

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Our 2010 Tundra

Attachments

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
She is starting to show signs of wear. (2014) So far not mechanically. Estimate for new headliner and worst case scenario replacement of all sun roof components is up to 3k.
Dodge was not interested in entertaining the repair. Will see if I can get cheaper estimates at body shop not part of any auto dealership. Windshield may be removed in order to replace the headliner.
Cheap fix roll of duct tape. Went to car wash and it passed the test!

Attachments

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks. That’s a level of commitment I can’t match. I’m struggling to drive 50 mins for this truck lol.
Pulled the trigger on the 2021 Laramie. More of a steel gray than silver which is nice. When I pulled up I thought it was a different truck than I came to look at because the color in person is far less silvery than the pics. Would’ve been nice to have the panoramic roof, power running boards and other goodies on the limited but already ordered my wife a ‘22 expy platinum. I had to make the ‘sacrifice’ and ‘settle’ for the used Laramie lol! First world problems. Now I just need to buy a gas station or two so my new found love of gas guzzlers can pay me back!

Attachments

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the trigger on the 2021 Laramie. More of a steel gray than silver which is nice. When I pulled up I thought it was a different truck than I came to look at because the color in person is far less silvery than the pics. Would’ve been nice to have the panoramic roof, power running boards and other goodies on the limited but already ordered my wife a ‘22 expy platinum. I had to make the ‘sacrifice’ and ‘settle’ for the used Laramie lol! First world problems. Now I just need to buy a gas station or two so my new found love of gas guzzlers can pay me back!
That's a good looking truck!

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally have pictures of them together. Surprised me by getting around 12mpg towing the AR250 home until one of the trailer tires decided to come off while pulling up to the Costco gas pumps.

Attachments

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally have pictures of them together. Surprised me by getting around 12mpg towing the AR250 home until one of the trailer tires decided to come off while pulling up to the Costco gas pumps.
2.7 or 3.5 in that? I just bought a really similar truck with the 3.5 and I'm curious about towing mpg

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2.7 or 3.5 in that? I just bought a really similar truck with the 3.5 and I'm curious about towing mpg
3.5 ecoboost. What I will say is that my tires are a little larger and a lot heavier than the ones that came on it (these are E rated all terrain tires), which hurts my MPG around town quite a bit but doesn't seem to impact towing MPG on the highway so much.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I wasn’t consuming enough fuel so I 31E95E43-27E3-4946-A279-C6D0D792E4D6.jpegdecided to add some weight.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wasn’t consuming enough fuel so I View attachment 173681decided to add some weight.
Nice looking set-up! :winkingthumbsup"

My next door neighbor had a slide-in camper which he used with his Ford truck. He actually had a separate set of tires and wheels (rated for the extra weight) that he used with the slide-in that were much beefier than his everyday tires and wheels that gave him a much smoother ride when the camper was not on the truck.

Jim

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What model camper is that? Wife and I have been debating getting one of these.
2019 Lance 650 Roadster….weighs about 2200 lbs loaded

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What model camper is that? Wife and I have been debating getting one of these.
Try and find a newer used model. Buying a truck camper is like buying a truck. The lowest price I saw for a new one was 39k, and it had to be ordered. If you happen to find one in stock, they are going to bend you over. I found mine on FB Marketplace.