• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This must be my best towing mod ever. I installed the front hitch receiver last year, keep wondering why I didn't do it earlier.
With cruiser in low gear, I get the boats confidently through the gate with 2-3" to spare on each side, and it makes backyard driveway maneuvers a cinch.
1639116180128.jpeg

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This must be my best towing mod ever. I installed the front hitch receiver last year, keep wondering why I didn't do it earlier.
With cruiser in low gear, I get the boats confidently through the gate with 2-3" to spare on each side, and it makes backyard driveway maneuvers a cinch.
View attachment 168124

--
Still loving the Land Cruiser?

Do you have a camera on the front of the vehicle to help with hooking up?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still loving the Land Cruiser?

Do you have a camera on the front of the vehicle to help with hooking up?
Love the cruiser. Glad we got it when we got it, too, the new model is going to be lightweight by comparison. That was also the trend with my last one - the Q7, my TDI was about 1,000 lbs heavier than the new models.
It is a gas hog, still I just don't see myself parting with this truck. The Q7 TDI was a better ride on a highway, but the cruiser is just so capable and as a tow truck it's unreal over trick ramps etc.
Yes, it has front and side cameras, in the low range it kind of gives a full view of the surroundings; that said the wide angle does not really capture the precise distance up close, over the hitch ball, so it takes some trial and error.

--

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will be towing with a 21 expedition max this coming spring.
That is a nice rig. I went and looked at them. Out of our budget to upgrade our expedition to it. Fantastic vehicle.

Jetboat_Johnny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That is a nice rig. I went and looked at them. Out of our budget to upgrade our expedition to it. Fantastic vehicle.
Thanks! Certainly broke the budget last year between the new boat and truck. Was lucky my friend opened a food truck that I work at for a second job, that takes care of the boat and truck payment. Needless to say a house on the water in Mass is not in my future but we live close.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our latest addition to the tow group

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Attachments

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
momma's new part-time tow vehicle, for when my truck has camper duty. we were planning on another v6 as it did ok with our ar240. the slightly bigger new L model must have tweaked shift points or something, much peppier than her 2017. but we ended up finding a demo with the v8 (5.7/8spd), so maybe it'll do the duty more often. irritating that jeep only has v8 avail on higher trims with lots of other unnecessary adds...but man it is super nice.
the air suspension is all the way down in pic...looks pretty low
will report back when we drag the boat with it.

1644936300466.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
momma's new part-time tow vehicle, for when my truck has camper duty. we were planning on another v6 as it did ok with our ar240. the slightly bigger new L model must have tweaked shift points or something, much peppier than her 2017. but we ended up finding a demo with the v8 (5.7/8spd), so maybe it'll do the duty more often. irritating that jeep only has v8 avail on higher trims with lots of other unnecessary adds...but man it is super nice.

View attachment 171182
Congratulations on the new ride! I have the same 5.7L/8 speed combo in my Ram and am quite happy with both the performance and the mileage.

Jim

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks..yeah loved my last truck, was a 2015 ram 1500 5.7/8spd/3.92 rear end, new jeep has 3.45...so i'm curious how it'll do. several guys on here have v8 durango's, but don't know what axle ratio they come with.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

View attachment 171182
Nice rig!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BlkGS That's what you need!
It's definitely high on the list... A high altitude package GC L Summit is a definite contender. Wife really liked the Jeep too. If they'd put the ecodiesel in them for 22/23... I'd plunk a deposit down tomorrow.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ecodiesel would have worked for us too...i did read some chatter that fca(stellantis) was about to unveil their new high power 5.7 replacement, a 3.0l straight 6 turbo with like 400hp/415ftlbs, and that it would possibly be in cars this summer. that might be ideal for her use and i'd have waited to see, but i totaled my kid's car last week, so i couldn't wait.
the v6 in her 2017 (now my son's) was a bit anemic. i did look a bit at the explorer st with the 400hp 3.0 turbo but pricey and few in stock around us. for about 4k more, this v8 jeep will be great for us.

as v8 are on their way out, i've been thinking about 2 of my old rides...had a sweet 97 jeep gc with v8 swapped for first minivan when kid1 was born. the mack daddy was a 03 infiniti m45, silky thrust...

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ecodiesel would have worked for us too...i did read some chatter that fca(stellantis) was about to unveil their new high power 5.7 replacement, a 3.0l straight 6 turbo with like 400hp/415ftlbs, and that it would possibly be in cars this summer. that might be ideal for her use and i'd have waited to see, but i totaled my kid's car last week, so i couldn't wait.
the v6 in her 2017 (now my son's) was a bit anemic. i did look a bit at the explorer st with the 400hp 3.0 turbo but pricey and few in stock around us. for about 4k more, this v8 jeep will be great for us.

as v8 are on their way out, i've been thinking about 2 of my old rides...had a sweet 97 jeep gc with v8 swapped for first minivan when kid1 was born. the mack daddy was a 03 infiniti m45, silky thrust...
If they drop the V8 for a turbo i6, I'm immediately out as a buyer. The hemi is a proven power plant with most of its issues sorted or fixable aftermarket. It's powerful, reliable, and efficient. A turbo i6 would be an all new design that's guaranteed to have teething issues, let alone the fact that you don't see turbo gas motors lasting as long as NA ones, let alone the fact that the French nor FCA have the best track record when it comes to some reliability aspects...

So yeah, I hope they don't drop the hemi. Would much prefer that to a new turbo engine. The ecodiesel would be sweet though. It'd also be sweet for wagoneer.