• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aside from Expedition/yukon and their variants, what other full size SUVs do y'all like? Not much options out there
Can’t go wrong Toyota or Lexus full size. Same strong engines in both sequoias and land cruiser/Lexus LX 570.
I’ve had very very few problems with Toyota’s over the years. Nothing I’ve ever needed a shop or warranty for.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have never leased a vehicle and a don't think it fits our lifestyle.

We usually buy our vehicles at the end of the model year (got a 30% on my 2020 Ram) and often keep them for 7 - 10 years We are never underwater on a vehicle note, so can always sell or trade the car if no longer happy with it (we did this my wife's Ford Explore Sport Trac). My wife keeps her vehicles the longest, as I almost always end up driving mine (anyone want to buy a one-owner 2007 Jeep Commander, LOL? )

Jim

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Given that recently Jeep towing numbers have been very low, its an understandable oversight. When I was looking at the Jeep Gladiator last year, the capacity was a paltry 4,500 lbs. Great vehicle for off-roading but not so much for hauling/towing.

Jim
Their wheelbase is to short. It'll never be able to compete.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
interesting wheelbase numbers...quick googling..rounding
jeep wagoneer 123"
jeep gladiator 137"
chevy suburban 134"
expedition 123"
expedition max 132"
ram 1500 crew cab 140"

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Their wheelbase is to short. It'll never be able to compete.
Thermal considerations are usually the limiting factor in tow ratings. Followed closely by axle and brake ratings.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2021 Dodge Durango Tow N Go Package – Towing Capacity

The 2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD model with the Tow N Go Package has a maximum towing capacity of 8,700 lbs.

2021 Dodge Durango Tow N Go Package – Feature Highlights

Feature highlights and notable statistics of the 2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD model with the Tow N Go Package include:

• Active Noise Cancellation
  • Brembo Brakes
  • Electronic Limited Slip Differential
  • Performance Pages
  • Snow, Sport, Track, and Tow Drive Modes
This is on order I was so impressed with the 2014 R/T at 134K miles I decided to get a new Durango

Friday, September 10, 2021.jpg

Friday, September 10, 2021 (2).jpg

20201011_132650.jpg

20201011_132614.jpg

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sweet ride..
any knowledge if the next durango will be based on/share platform with the new grand cherokee L?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
sweet ride..
any knowledge if the next durango will be based on/share platform with the new grand cherokee L?
Im not sure about the Jeep but the Mercedes GLS is the same platform but you get so much more with a Durango

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jeep 4D towing: When I was looking at 19’ boats the 4D Wrangler is what I wanted. It technically worked, until you started factoring in people and cargo. I might have done it anyway. There are a few members on here that use them for 19’ boats. One member tows an older, lighter 21’ boat.

Gladiator towing: Once I got the 24’ boat and the 4D Wrangler was out, I heard the Gladiator could do more, so I looked into it. There was a review in Popular Mechanics where they towed a 24’ Yamaha. The short of it is that with the Max Tow Package it is rated ~7,500 lbs, which the tester didn’t have, but it is an unpleasant experience. This is just as the truck came out, so options were very limited and I got a great RAM Big Horn instead for a lot less.

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie. Just got our boat a few weeks ago. The truck pulls it like a champ! I’ve had really good luck with dodge/ram. I’m on my 4th truck (‘97, ‘04, ‘14, ‘20) and never really had anything major happen to any of them.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie. Just got our boat a few weeks ago. The truck pulls it like a champ! I’ve had really good luck with dodge/ram. I’m on my 4th truck (‘97, ‘04, ‘14, ‘20) and never really had anything major happen to any of them.
Love the blue on that boat. Really sharp color.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sequoia doesn't get much love because they're sort of boring, and haven't been touched in like 15 years. This means they're insanely reliable and totally figured out, but there's not much to say about them. They're also sort of expensive for the market considering how dated they are in features, at least top end models.

We considered Armada, I think it's a good option. The car rags complain about it being old and body on frame and v8... But they're able to do work. I appreciate a robust design that sacrifices gimmicks for durability. That said, their options availability sucks, they lock pretty critical features behind the top trim that doesn't give you the option for a nice monochrome look.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
2021 Dodge Durango Tow N Go Package – Towing Capacity

The 2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD model with the Tow N Go Package has a maximum towing capacity of 8,700 lbs.

2021 Dodge Durango Tow N Go Package – Feature Highlights

Feature highlights and notable statistics of the 2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD model with the Tow N Go Package include:

• Active Noise Cancellation
  • Brembo Brakes
  • Electronic Limited Slip Differential
  • Performance Pages
  • Snow, Sport, Track, and Tow Drive Modes
This is on order I was so impressed with the 2014 R/T at 134K miles I decided to get a new Durango

View attachment 163080

View attachment 163081

View attachment 163082

View attachment 163083
I have a 20 SRT Durango. Those tow and go are basically an SRT without the 392. Nice ride!

Tc1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s my tow vehicle and boat on Saturday after boating at Cass Lake in Keego Harbor, MI. We bought our boat on July 24th and have had it out 7 times. Not too bad!
View attachment 163760
How does the XT5 tow? I'm considering doing the same. Is it the V6 or the 2.0l?

Matt_D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How does the XT5 tow? I'm considering doing the same. Is it the V6 or the 2.0l?
Mine is a 2019 with the 3.6l V6. I have a Curt 13285 Class 3 hitch that I installed myself, which gives me the vehicle’s maximum towing capacity of 3500 lbs. it tows great. I can definitely tell I’m towing a boat, but I have plenty of power and the inertia brakes work like a dream. It does require a seven pin adapter, but the connectors for that are built into the car and readily accessible.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
We went the Armada route, 2019 SL. 10k to 15k less then comparable Tahoe's and expeditions. The city/highway economy isn't great compared to the Ford/chevys, more along the lines of a standard v8 pickup. But the towing mileage is near identical to the Ford/Chevy. Plus it tows like a beast. Don't even know the boat is back there. Smooth ride as well. And they just released a revised interior/exterior look.