• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes it does. Definitely a difference from the 8speed while pulling trailer/boat.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got a heated steering wheel in your new rig? If so wait until you use that. It'll change you're outlook on luxury again!
Yep, hope to not experience that until a few months from now. Still enjoying the cooled seats at the moment.
Enjoying the heated steering wheel now as much as the cooled seats.

20211028_082004.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Enjoying the heated steering wheel now as much as the cooled seats.

View attachment 166184
Dude, the heated steering wheel seems SOOOOOO extranious when you first think about it. Once you use it for the first time, it changes you. It's freaking amazing!

Also, I remember that dash well. I miss my truck. The Q7 is nice, and fast, and pretty, but it feels so fragile compared to the pickup. The pickup just had this "bomb proof" feeling when I was driving it. I miss that. Oh well, maybe next time I can go back to the pickup.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I miss my truck. The Q7 is nice, and fast, and pretty, but it feels so fragile compared to the pickup. The pickup just had this "bomb proof" feeling when I was driving it. I miss that. Oh well, maybe next time I can go back to the pickup.
Yep, same here. Feel like my truck is darn near bomb proof & I could not get by without it. I would rather have a vehicle with more than enough capabilities(towing/hauling) than to have a vehicle on the edge of its capabilities. As long as I have the cattle I'm going to have to stick with a 3/4 ton truck at a minimum. I don't think that anything smaller is going to handle some of the loads I haul quite as well and why put a smaller lighter duty vehicle through that much stress.

1635430087662.png

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms Can you send some Filet down to FL?
No doubt!!

@Babin Farms I'm always curious why the 2500 pickups exist. Seems like the cost of ownership, purchase, and use are REALLY similar with a 3500 pickup. Why not go the extra step, get all the capabilities when the cost differential is arguably marginal. I mean CLEARLY there are plenty of people with 2500 class pickups, I just never really understood why. I drove a F350 SRW 4dr long bed for a few years for work. Never felt like it was any more costly or PIA to drive than the other 2500's we had in the fleet. No berating, just curious on your take since you clearly give yours a workout on a regular basis.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a diesel 3500SRW before this truck I have now and it was overkill. Yes it got the job done but it also beat the ever living crap out of us on these great roads we have around here. It was to the point the kids dreaded taking it anywhere. When I got the truck I have now I was on the fence about a 1/2 or 3/4 ton but decided on the 3/4 due to what I mentioned above. If I hauled hay, cattle or heavy loads all of the time I would have probably gotten a 3500 but that's not the case for me so a 2500 works well. We take this truck everywhere due to the fact that it rides great, it's roomy and the visibility is better that the wife's Acadia IMO.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Picked a new tow vehicle today;
2021 GMC AT4 5.3L

Attachments

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dude, the heated steering wheel seems SOOOOOO extranious when you first think about it. Once you use it for the first time, it changes you. It's freaking amazing!
Never thought I needed a heated steering wheel or heated seats.

Then I got my 2020 Ram last fall, and now I don't know how I got though the last fourty-four winters without them! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
6.2L Z71 Black Widow
She does alright.
Debated the 6.2L, had a 6.1L in my Denali so giving up a little with the 5.3L. The new truck weighs 2000lbs less , was $4K lower, gets 1-2 miles a gallon better milage and we have a 19' so should be ok. That said I also considered an HD but the dealer said it could be weeks or longer before the receive one and there's a waiting list. Sounds familiar.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No doubt!!

@Babin Farms I'm always curious why the 2500 pickups exist. Seems like the cost of ownership, purchase, and use are REALLY similar with a 3500 pickup. Why not go the extra step, get all the capabilities when the cost differential is arguably marginal. I mean CLEARLY there are plenty of people with 2500 class pickups, I just never really understood why. I drove a F350 SRW 4dr long bed for a few years for work. Never felt like it was any more costly or PIA to drive than the other 2500's we had in the fleet. No berating, just curious on your take since you clearly give yours a workout on a regular basis.
The 3500 handled the loads a bit better but the 2500 get's the job done.
Here are some of the reasons I own a 2500 at a minimum.
12-14 roughly 2,000# bales at a time
Bales.jpg
5.5 pallets of retaining wall blocks X3 times
Block load.jpg
Tractors
Tractor.jpg
GN Cattle trailer

5E3D6F90-C4A4-4D83-93BB-4E81AF390298.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Babin Farms Feels like snow plow inception happening there.
I'd be fine with little to no snow to move this year.

The truck on the trailer had just had it's box floor, box I-Beams and hoist replaced. While it was in the fab shop (2hrs away) it started leaking coolant into the oil so after they were done we decided it would be best to trailer it home.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length