• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Little walk round the inside and outside of the new truck + night ride. Loving this thing and can’t wait to try out towing!

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Switched out the tow vehicle a little while ago. Went from a 4Runner to a Tundra. The 4Runner towed our AR210 without issue, it was just time to get back into a truck for other needs. I have no doubt the 3rd generation Tundra's are fantastic. But I wanted the 5.7L V8 and the sport shift console. After years of lifted trucks, jeeps, and 4Runners, I decided to go the other way. The truck has a SOS Performance 2F/4R drop kit installed with airbags in the rear to relevel the truck when towing. Dirty Deeds Industries custom exhaust to enjoy that V8 pure (no highway drone). 20x10 (-18) wheels to finish off the trucks lowered squat.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got the truck back from a PPF install and they did a killer job. Can’t even tell it’s on there and I’ll feel much better about the paint being protected on my long commutes and travels.

Last edited:

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Switched out the tow vehicle a little while ago. Went from a 4Runner to a Tundra. The 4Runner towed our AR210 without issue, it was just time to get back into a truck for other needs. I have no doubt the 3rd generation Tundra's are fantastic. But I wanted the 5.7L V8 and the sport shift console. After years of lifted trucks, jeeps, and 4Runners, I decided to go the other way. The truck has a SOS Performance 2F/4R drop kit installed with airbags in the rear to relevel the truck when towing. Dirty Deeds Industries custom exhaust to enjoy that V8 pure (no highway drone). 20x10 (-18) wheels to finish off the trucks lowered squat.
good looking..
curious what you're using for hitch? are you pretty level with the boat trailer (with some air in bags)? maybe a 2" rise?

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
good looking..
curious what you're using for hitch? are you pretty level with the boat trailer (with some air in bags)? maybe a 2" rise?
Good day. I have a 4” riser tow ball. It offsets the 4” suspension drop, which seems to be about the right level height for my boat trailer behind the tundra.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my wifes's old 2017 v6 gc felt very solid towing our 240...but the v6 was a little wound up at highway speeds.
her gcl v8 has a little more wheelbase, more weight, more power...it feels good with the boat.
but neither jeep, or any of the suv's have good mirrors for towing...hard to see around that boat

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How does that go? That's a big boat for a short wheelbase.
Rated for 6200/7200 depending on the engine (with the tow package) which has a bunch of tow features. I tow the 252SE with the Jeep GC - although I am right at the weight limit, I have never experienced any sway or stability issues at all. Remember the SAE tow standards that all manufacturers must follow when providing a tow rating account for wheelbase through their testing which includes stability and sway response.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Our new 2022 RAM finally arrived. We need it for hauling other stuff so now we'll use it for towing the boat too. With the 5.7L and 3.92 gears, she's rated to pull over 11k. The SUV could pull the boat fine, but with the RAM I can barely tell there's 5k back there.
:D

RAM1.jpg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Our new 2022 RAM finally arrived. We need it for hauling other stuff so now we'll use it for towing the boat too. With the 5.7L and 3.92 gears, she's rated to pull over 11k. The SUV could pull the boat fine, but with the RAM I can barely tell there's 5k back there.
:D

View attachment 195398
Excellent! Presume you have the HD tranny and larger fuel tank?

Love my 2020 version.

Jim

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Excellent! Presume you have the HD tranny and larger fuel tank?
Yeah she has the 3.92 gears, class IV hitch, brake controller, etc. Didn't get the larger tank or 22" wheels...no need for us.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah she has the 3.92 gears, class IV hitch, brake controller, etc. Didn't get the larger tank or 22" wheels...no need for us.
OH man, you ALWAYS want the larger tank. It's sooooooooooo nice. I love being able to drive my truck 700 miles and not need to fill up. Makes for an amazing road trip vehicle. I've yet to tow really long distances, but it would be nice to not have to stop every 1.5-2 hrs to fill up. When I drive to my buddies lake house it's about a 2 hour drive each way. I make it there and back on one tank and can still drive around town the next week without filling up.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I really do like the larger tank, 33 gallon vs 26 gallon. Really comes in handy when towing and gas mileage can drop to 12 m.p.g.

Jim

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We don't drive long distances very often so the range isn't an issue for us. And at $6 a gallon, it'll seem to hurt less when filling up.
:)
My buddy gives me shit all the time for topping off my tank every week as I'm not taking advantage of the larger tank. I drive roughly 70-120 miles a week and always fill it up. However, I drive a fuck ton throughout the year outside of normal around town. I put roughly 20k a year on my truck traveling and that's when the larger tank is really awesome. We drive to FL at least once a year, without the boat.