• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Decided a couple months ago that I needed a truck. Had a Lincoln Navigator that pulled the boat fine but made me nervous at times with the suspension. Love having a truck for the functionality and all the practical uses. IMG_2584.jpeg

Crappy photo.. But 2018 Expy Limited (regular tow). IMG_9176.JPG

The new 2024 Wrangler Rubicon X, with 5,000lb towing capacity! I've waited a long time for Jeep to offer more than 3,500lb towing on the Wrangler. This year is the first time ever (as long as you get the right Wrangler with the solid Dana axle).

thumbnail_IMG_9413.jpg

The new 2024 Wrangler Rubicon X, with 5,000lb towing capacity! I've waited a long time for Jeep to offer more than 3,500lb towing on the Wrangler. This year is the first time ever (as long as you get the right Wrangler with the solid Dana axle).

View attachment 225573
Don't the 24 and 25 foot boats weigh more than 5k dry weight? Also, was reading into towing a bit because we were contemplating getting my wife a new car. My f250pulls the boat without an issue but the suvs that have a rating of 5000lbs, really should tow 5 or 10% less than max for safety and general wear on engine, trans chassis I assume. So if I have some fuel, some gear I would be significantly over on a road trip. I would use my wife's current grand cherokee, which is only rated at 3500 if we were going down the road but obviously not further.

I'm a safe driver and have towed many trailers in my life so far but also have 2 girls in the car now to think about. If we were taking the boat lets say NJ to MD and vice-versa, I have to consider that. I'd also like to tow to FL or other areas where the trip is considerable. The 250 is ideal but also getting old with 130k miles.

Don't the 24 and 25 foot boats weigh more than 5k dry weight? Also, was reading into towing a bit because we were contemplating getting my wife a new car. My f250pulls the boat without an issue but the suvs that have a rating of 5000lbs, really should tow 5 or 10% less than max for safety and general wear on engine, trans chassis I assume. So if I have some fuel, some gear I would be significantly over on a road trip. I would use my wife's current grand cherokee, which is only rated at 3500 if we were going down the road but obviously not further.

I'm a safe driver and have towed many trailers in my life so far but also have 2 girls in the car now to think about. If we were taking the boat lets say NJ to MD and vice-versa, I have to consider that. I'd also like to tow to FL or other areas where the trip is considerable. The 250 is ideal but also getting old with 130k miles.
Yeah but I’m towing a 21ft which is only 4500lbs dry. FYI - if you love your Jeep GC, you could upgrade to one that tows either 6500 or 7000lbs I think. Pretty sure all V8 GCs have the higher tow rating. That’s what I used to tow with.

Yeah but I’m towing a 21ft which is only 4500lbs dry. FYI - if you love your Jeep GC, you could upgrade to one that tows either 6500 or 7000lbs I think. Pretty sure all V8 GCs have the higher tow rating. That’s what I used to tow with.
Oooo. I thought that was a 240 in your Pic. Good to know. She likes the L with third row but we are about to pay it off. Being 35, it might be nice to not have two car payments for a bit Lol.

The race suv. 2024 Escalade V. Fun, but it only gets 7-8mpg at 75-80 mph. My F350 gets around 15 towing it, but the kids complain about being 3 wide in the crew cab.

Im glad the boat is now docked at the coast instead of having to drag it everywhere.

View attachment 225979
Awesome setup!

Off topic question......how do you like the 25ft center console as a family boat?

The race suv. 2024 Escalade V. Fun, but it only gets 7-8mpg at 75-80 mph. My F350 gets around 15 towing it, but the kids complain about being 3 wide in the crew cab.

Im glad the boat is now docked at the coast instead of having to drag it everywhere.

View attachment 225979

I would love one of those. It's like the only "super SUV" without a compromise. Other than price, lol.

Holy balls. They START at $152k
View attachment 226649

To be fair, they don't have options. They just come loaded. But yeah. And don't forget the dealer gouging. There's no shortage of lightly used ones that are listed for 150-180k. Wasn't that long ago some were selling in the 200k range if you wanted one right now

Looking for the car wash after 15 days wondering Manitoba.

Attachments

• DSC_0254.JPG
    DSC_0254.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 25
To be fair, they don't have options. They just come loaded. But yeah. And don't forget the dealer gouging. There's no shortage of lightly used ones that are listed for 150-180k. Wasn't that long ago some were selling in the 200k range if you wanted one right now

It ended up being around $180k out the door. $161k msrp + $10k dealer installed accessories (that weren't installed or included lol)

Back