• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@trace - I am shocked. I thought you loved your Tundra.
I did love my tundra but it had lots of miles on it and it was time for an upgrade. More power, more features, better fuel economy. First tow to Shelbyville on new truck got 12mpg, the Tundra was pulling this setup at about 9 mpg.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What motor, Trace?

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
3.5 Ecoboost, 3:55 rear end, 36 gal extended range tank, max tow package.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2006 dodge ram, first of the Mega cabs, with the original 5.9l diesel....about 23mpg average....17-ish when towing the boat.
diesel, steel and sex appeal baby !

upload_2015-9-3_10-19-31.png

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's pretty good overall milage for your diesel. Did you mostly get that from the get go, or was it only after like 100K miles that the MPG finally started to work in your favor?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's pretty good overall milage for your diesel. Did you mostly get that from the get go, or was it only after like 100K miles that the MPG finally started to work in your favor?
Hello @sysinu the mileage has been pretty consistent over the years, but I did see a "pop" at about 75k miles. Your's is the 6.7 right?. what are you seeing? mileage?

I'm thinking I'm going to get the TITAN XD this fall with the 5.0 Cummins and six-speed Aisin transmission..........

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The mileage on my 6.7 sucked till I deleted. It made all the difference in the world and really woke up the truck. I'm seeing close to the same mileage as @justason if I can keep my foot out of it. I'm real curious to see what the Titan XD is gonna be like. Real world mileage and capabilities is what I'm really interested in. I'm wondering how close it will come to the 3/4 ton truck ratings.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The mileage on my 6.7 sucked till I deleted. It made all the difference in the world and really woke up the truck. I'm seeing close to the same mileage as @justason if I can keep my foot out of it. I'm real curious to see what the Titan XD is gonna be like. Real world mileage and capabilities is what I'm really interested in. I'm wondering how close it will come to the 3/4 ton truck ratings.

"till I deleted" what does that mean @PEARCE ?

http://www.nissanusa.com/trucks/2016-titan/ the marketing vids at the bottom are pretty decent......I'm hesitant on a first year model/machine so I may hang back a bit....I own 3 Nissan's currently, that have served my family well......

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Deleted means that the emissions equipment either not working or fell off.o_O With your 5.9 you don't have the emissions stuff that the 6.7 had to deal with. Your truck will get top dollar when you go to sell it. My FIL has a '05 2wd quadcab with the 5.9 and he is always having people wanting to buy it. We have two Nissan cars as our daily drivers and they have served us very well so far.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What's involved with the delete? I have a 2014 6.7 Powerstroke and am getting 15-18 mpg without towing. I haven't done any programming yet as I'm still inside my warranty for another year or so

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't delete anything until you're clear out of your warranty. Don't forget too that's it's illegal to remove your catalytic converters.

Of course also keep in mind the only time I ever ticketed someone for that, or heard of ticketing for it, was when we had a mobile emissions check on the side of the road with our DMV.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's involved with the delete? I have a 2014 6.7 Powerstroke and am getting 15-18 mpg without towing. I haven't done any programming yet as I'm still inside my warranty for another year or so
The first thing is having a tuner that has the ability to turn off the emissions sensors and disable the entire emissions system. If you decide to start unhooking stuff before a tuner is loaded your truck will more then likely go into limp mode if not completely shut down. The most common thing to do next is the exhaust system. Some guys do full turbo back and others just a straight pipe where you take out the DPF. It's a fancy cat converter where the black carbon is burnt off. I don't much about the Fords systems so you'll certainly need to do some research and if it's worth it to you. My engine breathes the way it should and will live a lot longer because of it. Before it would have exhaust gas recirculating back through the engine to burn off the sout to help clean up the exhaust of the carbons. I'm sure your Ford does the same thing.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get crummy economy. 17 or so on average. 14ish towing. My towing milage doesn't really bother me as much as my non-towing milage does.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the only picture I have right now. Mileage on average is 19 (over 9K). Pulling drops a lot but as mentioned above I don't worry about that much since I don't tow that much!
truck.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update... towed a 19' bayliner up Parleys this AM... 17MPG on average... uphill the whole way. I think my 242LS weighs too much :). I don't understand how towing that boat is like towing no boat at all (it weighs at least 4500#).

I recently did the same thing with my 242LS and I got 11MPG on average.