• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know we all love our boats, but many of us also love our tow vehicles. Show us what you have and what mods if any you have done.

My main tow vehicle is a 2007.5 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4. Mods are in my signature.

Updated images:

Old image with stock wheels and height minus exterior accessories.

And my 1975 Chevy K5 Blazer gets to play on occasion

Edit: Thanks mods for the creation of the tow rig and trailers section!

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
1ftww32p54ea95507-1.jpg 2004 F350 6.0 POWERSTROKE. 5" straight pipe, egr delete, head studs, SCT tuner, upgraded injectors, bulletproof oil cooler, Have a set of 3 gauges in pod to install havent got to that yet..

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
IMAG0187.jpg does this one count??? It does tow, and it's a rig!!! LOL. I bet it has a higher tow rating than anyone else's.....:)

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
tow rig.jpg
Nothing too crazy to mine, 2012 F-150 Platinum Edition, 2 inch leveling kit, swapped out to some nicer rims and a tonneau cover. But do love my little camper, Bullet Premier 22RBPR. Only problem now is deciding which to take, the camper or the boat... Need to convince the GF to buy something that can haul the boat lol

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys have seen this one here before....

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
You guys have seen this one here before....

Nice!!!! Do you get any strange looks when you back the boat in at the ramp??? Or well if you're like me any "stranger than normal" looks . :banghead::eek::confused:

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice!!!! Do you get any strange looks when you back the boat in at the ramp??? Or well if you're like me any "stranger than normal" looks . :banghead::eek::confused:
My wife is in charge of backing down the ramp...I am on the boat! Yes...People stop and stare, they are hoping to see some kind of disaster. She always nails a perfect launch and retrieve everytime. It makes no difference if it is the 2 lane ramp at Flaming Gorge or the Monster Ramp at Lake Powell. If you want to watch her in action...here is a link to the video:

Pulling 242 with Motorhome

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Very nice!!! She's a pro!!!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I pull with a 2005 F-150 Lariat. This picture was taken just before we left town to head south to Fort Lauderdale for the 2013 Bimini trip.

20130713_091514.jpg

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Speaking of tow rigs...I was recently looking to upgrade my 2006 GMC 1500 Sierra and ran across the new Chevy Colorado, like the one that Brady won for MVP. Very nice looking truck and has a towing capacity of 7000 pounds. Would you feel comfortable using this rig to tow a 2008 SX230?? I think our boats weigh around 3500 pounds and if you include the trailer then you're probably at 5000 pounds...maybe?? Anyway, shouldn't that be enough?? I have been driving full size trucks for awhile and was considering stepping down a notch because I like the looks and I wouldn't mind driving something a little smaller. But I am considering taking the trip to Shelbyville next year and I want to have a rig that will do the trip.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2014 F250 Lariat the day I bought it...you can see me in the driver seat. 6.7L Powerstroke with over 800 lb/ft of torque. Added rear seat heaters, automatic tailgate lock and tailgate assist so it doesn't knock my daughter over when she tries to open it :winkingthumbsup"
IMG_3146.JPG

Hooked to my 2005 Crownline 270 before her winter slumber
FullSizeRender.jpg

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson Keep in mind that a vehicles max tow rating can be deceptive. 7000 lbs seems like it would be good, until you load the boat and truck full of all of your gear and people you can quickly go well over the max weight capacity. With that said check out what it's GCWR is (gross combined weight rating). The question usually isn't going to be if it will pull it well, as much as will it stop it well.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Jim Robeson, Stopping and handling on twisty roads would be key with the smaller trucks. Power may not be an issue, it's all the other factors, plus don't forget you have about 300lbs of fuel, plus other gear in your boat...it adds up quickly.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is mine: 2013 Ford F150 SCrew FX4

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far it looks like I'm surrounded by Fords!

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Do you have ramps to get up there or do you just climb it?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So far it looks like I'm surrounded by Fords!
I've got a Megacab too that's been tweeked a little. I'd post a pic, but the phone isn't giving me the option.