• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wave was definitely a bit bigger in deeper water vs or typical wave on 10'-12' deep water of Utah Lake. It was fun!

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Hi Team,
Don‘t mean to interrupt but I have a quick speed control question. I’m sitting down with the dealer tomorrow to buy a 2021 AR250. I got confirmation from Julian my boat won’t have speed control. I’m hoping to negotiate free/discounted stuff so my question is will the Star Gazer PP work on my boat? Do you know approx install costs/shop hours?
Open to any and all advice.
Cheers,
Rick

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Team,
Don‘t mean to interrupt but I have a quick speed control question. I’m sitting down with the dealer tomorrow to buy a 2021 AR250. I got confirmation from Julian my boat won’t have speed control. I’m hoping to negotiate free/discounted stuff so my question is will the Star Gazer PP work on my boat? Do you know approx install costs/shop hours?
Open to any and all advice.
Cheers,
Rick
Do yourself a favor and go with the Hydrophase Ridesteady system. It has the added luxury of synchronizing your twin engine RPM's anytime you're above wakeless whether the system is actively managing speed or off. It's like you converted your boat to an E-series. Also being able dial in your speed with the use of a knob to the nearest .1mph while driving is very easy. On my 4th year with the system and its been flawless.

I installed my own. The most challenging part is chasing wires to the helm and deciding where you want to mount it. The rest is plug and play and the instructions are easy to follow. In my opinion there's only one system you should consider if you have a twin engine boat. I won't talk trash on Perfect Pass. It works. The end.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do yourself a favor and go with the Hydrophase Ridesteady system. It has the added luxury of synchronizing your twin engine RPM's anytime you're above wakeless whether the system is actively managing speed or off. It's like you converted your boat to an E-series. Also being able dial in your speed with the use of a knob to the nearest .1mph while driving is very easy. On my 4th year with the system and its been flawless.

I installed my own. The most challenging part is chasing wires to the helm and deciding where you want to mount it. The rest is plug and play and the instructions are easy to follow. In my opinion there's only one system you should consider if you have a twin engine boat. I won't talk trash on Perfect Pass. It works. The end.
Yup, pretty easy install and highly recommended upgrade.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2020-ar210-mod-build-thread.26152/post-446896

It's a sellers market, ask for discount/free, anchor, cover fire extinguishers, first X oil changes, if they dont' budge, offer 50% discount on stuff you need to get. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife driving and kids took pics not the greatest but made me happy. 1st time wife drove while I surfed and she did great.

14 212x, stock ballast full, transom bag, wakebooster (modified to fit 14 mount location). Water was only about 10' in this location but I could stay ropeless easily.

Attachments

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wave was definitely a bit bigger in deeper water vs or typical wave on 10'-12' deep water of Utah Lake. It was fun!
Awesome..I know you have the AR24, but what are you using and where for ballast? and speed?
Thanks

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome..I know you have the AR24, but what are you using and where for ballast? and speed?
Thanks
I have 3 integrated bags and 1 on the swim deck. 1 - 900lb bag in the ski locker that's filled 100%, 1 - 500lb bag under the surf side filled 75% to 100% (100% here), 500lb starboard side empty, 850lb custom transom ballast bag filled 100%. Ganlin wake wedge.

Edit: Wifey started a bit slow (10.5mph) in the first run. I had her bump it up she says she ended at 10.8mph. I have run as fast as 11.3mph on the same board, I think I could have used a little more speed and maybe had a little more power without outrunning the board.

Last edited:

JCKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Allatoona Lake:Ga Kentucky Lake: Big Sandy, Tenn
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Stock ballast, 4 people in boat, wake wedge. She doesn’t always need or use wake wedge. We r still learning how to use it.

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
🏄‍♀️Time to revive the surf thread for summer 🏄‍
Let's go!!

Skipped the holiday hustle and went out Thursday evening.

Mitchell Wittstruck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife driving and kids took pics not the greatest but made me happy. 1st time wife drove while I surfed and she did great.

14 212x, stock ballast full, transom bag, wakebooster (modified to fit 14 mount location). Water was only about 10' in this location but I could stay ropeless easily.
I also have a '14 212X. I have been toying with the idea of buying the wake booster and modifying it. What modifications did you have to do to make it fit?