• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad G07 installed

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok sorry for delay all! And unfortunately weather prevented me my "play time" I expected this past weekend. However I can say I love this Simrad. I do not have any real engine function other than speed, so that's an area I need to look into to see if it can be connected. I don't fully understand NMEA 2000 and if I can add it to these engines?? If so, it would make this unit a total no brainier. But as for simplicity, screen clarity, charting and navigating it is awesome. The echo sounder and structure scan are great. Having another depth finder easy to see is also a plus. I plan to try out the wireless connection this weekend (weather permitting - I'm sick of rain every time I go to the coast). But overall, it was worth the money just for the look, the screen, and the gps functions. I love it and am sure I will learn more and be able to use for more in time.

I totally agree, I did not install the transducer as I was more interested in the forward scan transducer that I might purchase later. I would rather see in front of boat verses under as I dont fish and could see hidden objects and sandbars
Yes, the screen is very bright and easy to use. Pitch to zoom and screen works like a cell phone.
The only feature I wish it provided that it doesn't have is Dock to Dock routing, which rumored should be a soon firmware update
For NMEA 2000 integration I dont really see the need, I would image that is more important for autopilot boats

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I updated my software today in the hopes that the advertised Yamaha - SIMRAD fixes would help on connecting our engine info into the GO7. No such luck. How can we get a question to a Yamaha Engineer to ask them what needs to be connected to the N2K plug off the engine to get to see what info its outputting? I'd still like to get my GO7 running all the speedo/RPM info as well as fuel usage and then just stick the GO7 into the dash where the old analog gauges and M/T buttons are. Doesn't anyone at Yamaha or SIMRAD think this would be a good idea with now a 19" and 21" Yamaha FSH fishing boat?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know the default password for the Go7 internal wifi?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only feature I wish it provided that it doesn't have is Dock to Dock routing, which rumored should be a soon firmware update
This should be available now, provided you have Navionics charts. I haven't activated my Navionics chip yet, waiting until we get closer to boating season so I can get next year's updates as late as possible. I'll be pretty annoyed if this isn't in place.

Simrad Website said:
Easier Navigation with Automatic Routing
Automatic routing brings the convenience of in-car navigation to boating, helping you to plot a route and get underway with less delay. Simply select a destination, and your GO XSE display will suggest the shortest, safest route taking into consideration the draught and dimensions of your vessel. This feature is available with Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts (Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting), and with C-MAP MAX-N+ charts (C-MAP Easy Routing).

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This should be available now, provided you have Navionics charts. I haven't activated my Navionics chip yet, waiting until we get closer to boating season so I can get next year's updates as late as possible. I'll be pretty annoyed if this isn't in place.
I was under the impression autorouting will not be available in the US

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm seeing that in some fine print now. That's really, really, frustrating. Hopefully I can still do it on the Navionics app and send it over to the unit.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No dice, it's looking for an 8-character password. Guess I'll give 'em a call at some point.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I emailed their tech support a week ago, no response.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@seanmclean Thank you. I have been looking at some of the you tube videos that show how to do it. Hope to get to it tomorrow if the weather improves. If I am successful I will let you know[flag]

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick question, what would you hook to the internal wireless of the Simrad for? I am assuming the internal wireless is for connecting to other NEMA devices that you may control through wireless. On our boats, that would be very little.

If you were doing updates, you would be shutting off Access point mode, and connecting to an external WiFi source. I did it last night to only find I did not have any updates available yet. I was surprised, as I thought there would be.

Good luck

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@biffdotorg To be honest I do not know as I am still learning the ins and outs of how to use the SIMRAD. Unlike the past theses plotters are like mini computers and are so much more powerful then the old ones. So I suspect it has a lot of features that I may never use until I win the mega lottery and buy a bigger boat. [flag]

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That makes sense, I am just learning now to. I do believe they are in Access point mode, so that other things that they may control can connect to them.

It's obvious that Navico (parent company) creates the Simrad for larger offshore boats, while they make the Lowrance line for inland fishing boats. The lowrance units are much better for bottom scanning and tight depth charts, with the ability to integrate with a few other devices as well as share transducers. While the Simrads are more designed to integrate with engine monitoring, radar and auto pilot systems that we would never use inland.

I do believe this Go7 is going to do what I want to do just fine. I only wish I had this bottom scanner in my old boat that I used for catfishing on the river. That would have been awesome tech at the time. I don't think I will be putting the 242 into the river any time soon. It's a bummer, as I do know the catfish are biting!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick question, what would you hook to the internal wireless of the Simrad for? I am assuming the internal wireless is for connecting to other NEMA devices that you may control through wireless. On our boats, that would be very little.

If you were doing updates, you would be shutting off Access point mode, and connecting to an external WiFi source. I did it last night to only find I did not have any updates available yet. I was surprised, as I thought there would be.

Good luck
Theoretically, you should be able to plot a route on your navionics phone app, and then send it to the plotter.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw that, I see folks are less than thrilled with the mobile that connects to the hotspot and lets you mirror the display on your phone.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the rate this Spring is going I do not know if I will ever get to learn how to use the SIMRAD. It has been raining for three days and is suppose to rain through the weekend.[flag]

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the response below from Simrad. I could have sworn I checked here, but will try next time I'm on the boat.

Go to Settings=> Wireless=> Wireless Devices=> Internal Wireless, then once you have selected Internal Wireless the network key is shown. You can select it and change it to something else you may remember easily if you wish