• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad G07 installed

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@seanmclean Thank you I will try that later this week or after it stops raining. I did use my iPhone as a hot spot and it worked great.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I read some reviews on the Simrad app for IOS. It sounded very promising being able to mirror your display on your phone etc. The reviews were less than stellar on the latest version. Other than that app, I have no need to set it up as a hotspot. I have nothing that would drop data to it.

Managing music may have been cool if it were tied into the stereo, sort of like the screen the 2015+ boats have. But there again, I have other things in place to do that now.

Good luck!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Instructions above work. Took a quick video to show the steps - I changed mine to password so my dumb ass wont forget it, lol.

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer routes from my Navionics App to the unit.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Instructions above work. Took a quick video to show the steps - I changed mine to password so my dumb ass wont forget it, lol.

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer routes from my Navionics App to the unit.
Sean, did you ever figure out how to transfer routes from iphone Navionics app to your Simrad?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found my password on my Simrad this weekend. Loaded the Link app on my iphone. I made the wifi connection with that password, but the app does not see my GO7 XSE for some reason. It just shows me an error screen asking me to change my WiFi network. But it shows the current network I am connected to is my GO7. Grr

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sean, did you ever figure out how to transfer routes from iphone Navionics app to your Simrad?
I did! Sorry I never came back to update, it's less than intuitive.

- Create your route on the phone
- Connect to the Simrad's Wifi
- Go to your Home screen on the plotter, Scroll down the left icons and click files
- Click on "Memory Card" (uh, my phone doesn't have one)
- Open the Archive folder, and you'll see a list of routes. Tap them, then click import
Details are here: https://www.navionics.com/usa/charts/features/plotter-sync/navico-how-to

Once that's done, you can select routes from the lefthand icon template, and then pick the one you want to follow. Works really nicely. Would be nice if it just did all that automatically when you click sync from the navionics app, but oh well.