• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad NSX v. Garmin 8412 (un-derailing 255 FSH Sport H have different impellers)

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I started the thread to further the discussion that began in this thread: https://jetboaters.net/threads/why-does-the-255-fsh-sport-h-have-different-impellers-on-the-port-and-starboard-engines.43838/page-2
I am still waffling between the OEM provided Simrad NSX on the 255 H and starting over with a Garmin 8412.
With either system, I want to install a pair of sidescan transducers. I installed a pair of Garmin GT56UHD on our current 210FSH (https://jetboaters.net/threads/210-fsh-perfect-transducer-setup-what-is-it.30130/page-3 post 46).
I have read the Simrad NSX has shortcomings. Can anyone elaborate?
TIA.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If it's helpful to anyone here, I'll post a summary of pros & cons — based on my experience installing a Simrad/Lowrance system (NSS evo3S) on my 255 FSH Sport E and a Garmin system (86 & x3–series) on my other boat — much of which I've mentioned already in other threads.

Meanwhile, @MBrand has both an x3-series Garmin and an NSX on his Sport H, as I'm sure you've already seen @TeenGee . (For anyone else visiting this thread who may have missed that thread, it's worth checking out.)

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If it's helpful to anyone here, I'll post a summary of pros & cons — based on my experience installing a Simrad/Lowrance system (NSS evo3S) on my 255 FSH Sport E and a Garmin system (86 & x3–series) on my other boat — much of which I've mentioned already in other threads.

Meanwhile, @MBrand has both an x3-series Garmin and an NSX on his Sport H, as I'm sure you've already seen @TeenGee . (For anyone else visiting this thread who may have missed that thread, it's worth checking out.)
And not to be a derailer again — shouldn't this be in the Electronics-Stereo/GPS/Chartplotter/Electrical etc forum?

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I placed it here because I was under the impression the Simrad NSX was unique to the 25x FSH.
If the NSX is not unique to the the FSH, could this thread get moved?

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I remove the Yamaha installed Simrad, will I lose any capability on a FSH 255 H?
Does the Simrad control or provide any input to the joystick or Conext?