• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why does the 255 FSH Sport H have different impellers on the port and starboard engines?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Sport H that's pictured on the Yamaha website definitely has an NSX flush-mounted on its helm. With that said, during the first model year of the Sport E, Yamaha had photos of a prototype Sport E on its website that did not match the production Sport E in many features.

I would not use an NSX as my primary MFD, as I already stated in the post that @FSH 210 Sport kindly linked. The NSX is the bastard-child of the Simrad/Lowrance/Navico family right now. It doesn't fully support all of the shared features that the rest of the Navico ecosystem handles seamlessly out-of-the-box.

If I bought a Sport H today, I'd mount an NSS 12 evo3S above the wheel to use as my primary MFD (like I've done with my Sport E), and then I'd use the NSX as a sonar-imaging screen (like I do with my Sport E's factory-installed Go12 XSE). The S3100 sonar module (which I mentioned in the other thread) will allow you to run Active Imaging HD transducers for side-scan with a Fish Reveal overlay on the NSS and NSX simultaneously:

The only potential downside is that the NSX doesn't currently support single-point «Go To» autopilot commands — which might prevent you from touching a point on the side-scan scroll and commanding the trolling motor to take you to the location that corresponds to that point. But I haven't played with an NSX, so I don't know the answer to this. 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile, we've managed to completely de-rail this thread. That's what happens when you ask a geek or two to join the conversation.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
BTW, the NSS12 evo3S is on sale nationwide until end of this week:

The NSS12 evo3S Halo 20+ bundle was on sale too. It looks like it's now out-of-stock online, but it's still available in certain West Marine locations:

Last edited: