• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slot Car Racing

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that we are empty nesters, and have more house than we need, I thought I might build a sweet slot car track for some adult weekend fun. I’ve done a little online research and I think I’ve settled on a Carrera digital 132 track and cars.
Anyone on here have any experience with this? I got an app to design my track.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of fun. I still have a ton of Lifelike racing track and quite a few cars.
Problem is no room to set up and leave assembled. After i build my barn/shop i will set it all up and enjoy with my grandkiddies

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Neighbor gave me 1 set for free. needed some parts.
Now, We have The carrera 143 GO, probably 4 used sets we have combined. Takes up the entire basement in the winter, we play with it for a month or 2 then put it away. Super fun. The adults get into as much as the kids. We have one nine year old. We still kinda spenmd more time shooting the cars off the track than keeping them one.

The digital one you are looking at I would assume is simply awesome, the idea of 6 cars on two lanes and being able to pass is crazy, i think you lgoin to those with a laptop and limits speeds and boost and all kinds of functions. I would want the cordless controllers, and probably buy 2 sets, cheaper than buying extra cars, controllers, and track separately.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carrera and Scalextrix are the two most popular brands. I have the Carrera myself as I found it has a broader product line that allowed me to start with a smaller set that my son could play with when he was about 7 yo. He is 11 now and we are still in the GO!!! analog set, as much as I’d like to move up to digital, because he still likes to push the cars more than “drive” them.

Place I buy accessories from. If you look at the first page for each type they provide a good summary to help you compare.

I’d like to hear more about the app you have to design the track. I have this nice chicane piece and I just can’t make it fit anywhere. I think I need to buy some of the special 30 degree sections.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, the Carrera digital seems the way to go. You can set pit stops for refueling, limit speeds, set braking, set ghost car speeds as well as a pit car. Plus lane changing.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those look really cool and a lot of fun. I know they're way different from the Tyco sets that I had as a kid, but just as fun. I love racing so if I had the space to set up a track and the funds to buy into it I would.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On face book marketplace, multiple digital track set.
Crazy Professional setup. $2700.00

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only slot cars i acknowledge,
Christmas 1977 maybe ?

20201010_150833.jpg

Who are those guys ?

20201010_150857.jpg

Sweet memories, when that transformer would get hot and start to smell 🙈🙊

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Maybe those from jersey can chime in. I remember the collingswood flea market had a larger scale track and you could rent cars or use you own. Now that would be a track on steroids.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like this one!
Trains n Lanes in Easton has three of those tracks currently set up. The smallest is about that size, I think.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe those from jersey can chime in. I remember the collingswood flea market had a larger scale track and you could rent cars or use you own. Now that would be a track on steroids.
I haven't ever been there, but there's a cool place like that near me (gawdawful website, but full of info): HO SLOT CARS at LUCKY BOBS

LB1.jpg

LB2.jpg

LB3.jpg

LB4.jpg

LB5.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My BIL is really into this, not sure what scale he races, but I know that he has an ingenious setup for his track. Dunno how this would work for any of you, but he set up a 2x4 frame to strengthen everything, then topped it with plywood, and built his track on top of that. On all 4 corners, he's got it connected to pulleys set up in the joist spaces, and when it's time for racing, he sets up homemade sawhorses for the height they prefer to have the track at, and lowers the track down to rest on them. Keeps everything clean and out of the way.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My BIL is really into this, not sure what scale he races, but I know that he has an ingenious setup for his track. Dunno how this would work for any of you, but he set up a 2x4 frame to strengthen everything, then topped it with plywood, and built his track on top of that. On all 4 corners, he's got it connected to pulleys set up in the joist spaces, and when it's time for racing, he sets up homemade sawhorses for the height they prefer to have the track at, and lowers the track down to rest on them. Keeps everything clean and out of the way.
That's funny. I had this same design in mind. The new digital tracks now allow you to run 6 cars on 2 lanes. So you don't have to have those really wide tracks anymore to run more than 2 cars.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now that we are empty nesters, and have more house than we need, I thought I might build a sweet slot car track for some adult weekend fun. I’ve done a little online research and I think I’ve settled on a Carrera digital 132 track and cars.
Anyone on here have any experience with this? I got an app to design my track.
What is the App you are using to design your track?