• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snow skiing

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

lenvo65

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I own a place at Stratton VT and also get to Killington for a guys weekend once a season. West -I have mainly skied in Utah, favorite there is a tie between Deer Valley and Snowbasin, Deer Valley service and grooming is world class not surpassed anywhere, and if you get snow the bowls there are great fun.

As for sticker shock on lift ticket pricing, the business has moved to season passes, choose which places you like and then Look at the pass that works best for you, there is Epic, mountain collective, and coming next year Ikon which will include my two east coast “Home” mountains and Deer Valley. Generally 7 to 10 days of skiing a season to get an ROI on a pass.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180130_225142.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious, what do adult lift tickets cost at these places?

Ive only gone to heavenly so far this year and wasnt surprised by the $140 price but looked into sugar bowl with a lot fewer runs and lifts and nowhere near the view and was surprised by the $120 cost of the ticket which was under $100 last year. It seems like the end of the price range has gone up here in ca. I hope that is not the case everywhere but ive heard breckenridge in Co costs closer to $300 a day so maybe i should be happy in the $120 to $140 price range.
Ronnie which places? Wc and monarch are like 70. I am at copper mountain right now it's 140 ish but you can do shellskifree.com and get buy one get ones. We are max pass holders (last year of it) next year we will either buy season passes at monarch or ski with the masses on a epic passes(Vail resorts). It depends on where and if we buy.

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I own a place at Stratton VT and also get to Killington for a guys weekend once a season. West -I have mainly skied in Utah, favorite there is a tie between Deer Valley and Snowbasin, Deer Valley service and grooming is world class not surpassed anywhere, and if you get snow the bowls there are great fun.

As for sticker shock on lift ticket pricing, the business has moved to season passes, choose which places you like and then Look at the pass that works best for you, there is Epic, mountain collective, and coming next year Ikon which will include my two east coast “Home” mountains and Deer Valley. Generally 7 to 10 days of skiing a season to get an ROI on a pass.
We did deer valley 2 years ago. We enjoyed the service as well

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Breck isn't $300. I think it's more like $160/day. I'm headed to Steamboat in February with customers and I just prepaid for lift tickets and they were $290 for 2 day lift tickets.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Killington is $115/day adult. I get the season pass concept, I have owned several in the past. Since Smugglers Notch is only 35 mins. away we usually ski there, and the occasional night skiing at Bolton Valley. Smuggs has a couple of Bash Badge options, the plus being $209 that gives you free early and spring skiing and $25 lift tickets in between. We do this instead of a $650 season pass just in case priorities change or the conditions suck, you wont feel like the season was a rip off. Screenshot_20180131-093318.pngScreenshot_20180131-093136.pngScreenshot_20180131-092950.pngScreenshot_20180131-092918.png It is about a 4 visit break even during the main season, plus all the free skiing on either end. http://www.smuggs.com/pages/winter/skiride/pass-store/index.php

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got our epic local passes bought. 3 ski trips and condos booked so far. 1 st trip week before x mas yo brackenridge. 2 others at our perspective new retirement location at crested butte. Feeling pretty good about the epic pass purchase since vail finally closed on crested.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are excited too, we did something we have been talking about for years, we bought a townhome at one of our local ski resorts. We closed on it during the Labor Day weekend and have been busy changing things to our liking. Its not ski in ski out but it's only about 750' from the slopes which is easily walkable.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Make me the 3rd to be excited for the upcoming season. :D

- 2 ski trips booked for us, one in Feb. to CO and one to northern MN in Mar.
- New skis/boots/binding going to the shop today to get mounted.
- Last weekend I tried out a indoor ski place to get some pre-season skiing in. It was tough to get the feel for it (only there for an hour) since it was basically a huge treadmill with "snow" carpet, but felt good to get back to skiing. Pretty cool experience, check one out if there is one near you, sounds like there are only 3 like it in the US right now.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are excited too, we did something we have been talking about for years, we bought a townhome at one of our local ski resorts. We closed on it during the Labor Day weekend and have been busy changing things to our liking. Its not ski in ski out but it's only about 750' from the slopes which is easily walkable.
Yeah we are buying too. We are not going to be on the mountain. We will take the bus. We wanted something that would help In Retirement. A duplex with a 1 year lessees. Almost pays for it, hoping to get it down like yesterday.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never done it before, but thinking of giving it a whirl this winter. Worst case, I should be out of the cast by boating season :)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never done it before, but thinking of giving it a whirl this winter. Worst case, I should be out of the cast by boating season :)
Its not that hard just don't get over confident. That's when you get hurt. Make sure you have a plan of the trails before you go down the hill and follow the signs. Take lessons would be the best, if not just for a day. Its way more fun that way. I didn't take lessons when I started at 14 and almost ran full speed into snoasis restaurant (mid mountain grill) on winterpark. I actually got lessons from a nice guy from Austria that I met on the lift ride home. That was a sobering moment and a unbelievable story.

I can't help but share this story, its awesome to look back on and shows the TRUE human spirit.

As a cocky 14 year old boy that was on a ski trip with his older 18 year old brother. He booked a room at Iron mountain resort. A ski in / ski out , ski in if you can ski black runs. We didn't know this at the time as it was 1984 and the internet wasn't where you could research, like you can now. Fast forward to the first day of skiing. My brother had been skiing with the church previously, me zilch. I did ski for the Tulsa Water ski club though. We go up the mountain on the lift no issues. I slide off the chair with issues but not a lot for the first time. My 14 year old cocky self was I got this, well as I soon found out. Water skiing doesn't completely translate to frozen water. My brother skied ahead on a trail that went across the slope , he of course was laughing at me as only loving brothers can. With trees on both sides, sliding at 2 mph getting my stability as I go. The trail opens up with a steep uphill slope to my left and downhill to my right. All of sudden a large group of skiers were coming down the blue right at me. Panic sets in, I am going to get run over. Instead of stopping and letting them go around me. I went down hill right. I don't know how to turn, or stop. I'm blazing down the hill right toward these orange plastic fences that surrounded the Snoasis restaurant. Luckily there were some grooves where people had skied and it turned me right towards a grooming mound. I hit that soft snow and stopped. Kicked my skis off and started walking. My brother catches up to me, laughing at me of course. I told him I am walking back to the condo and watching cartoons, have fun.

I get too the top of a lift, and the operator said I need to put my skis back on or get in this line. I put my skis on and got in that line. I didn't know what line it was but I did see that they stopped the lift in order for that line to get on. I was so freaked out that, I didn't even understand my surroundings. A guy gets on the lift then I do, we start our descent down the mountain. My nerves start to ease and I hear the gentleman beside me talking to me. He had a accent that was not something this country boy had ever heard. We talked, he asked why a able young man was going down the hill on a chair through the handicapped line. I told him I didn't realize the line was for the purpose and I just about killed myself by running into a building. He asked if I took lessons. I said no and explained why. I told him I can't ski and I will never try again, I was done. He said, " if I can ski, you surely can." Not knowing my surroundings I looked at him and noticed he had one leg amputated above the knee, little skis affixed to his poles and one ski. Wow this cocky 14 year felt about an inch tall. He asked me if he could teach me how to ski. Well I can't turn him down, can I? If he can do it on one leg, I can on two. By the end of the day Hans and I were skiing all over Vasquez Mountain (mostly blues) at Winter Park. Since then I have been hooked on skiing and ski as much as I possibly can. I thank and think of the gentleman from Austria often. If it wasn't for him, I would not be doing something that I truly love. Thanks to him I have skied almost every resort in the Rockies.

Thanks Hans!!!!

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20181010-144828_Messages.jpg my wife is giddy I tell you. This is the 5rh pic of snow today. I can't tell if she is more excited than I am.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have been to Colorado (Beav, Breck & Vail), California (Heavenly & Kirkwood) and Utah (DV, PC & Canyons.) My absolute favorite was Kirkwood. The day we skied there was truly epic. We got there just as the roads reopened after a major dump. Conditions were spectacular and it was very cool watching some of the extreme skiers dropping into chutes while we were riding the chairs.

We always enjoyed Colorado but the flight+drive times made 3-4 day trips more challenging, especially once we had kids. Beav and Vail are massive. As long as everything is open you can find some tranquility if you know when/where to look. I also really liked Breck. Haven't skied there since Peak 6 opened, but what a great town with plenty of pub/dining options. The only problem with Breck was the altitude. Both of our kids suffered from altitude sickness so we have ruled that out for the time being.

A few years ago we took our first trip to Park City. And then returned the following season. And then again. After the Vail Group announced they were acquiring PC we ended up buying a condo right at the base of Main Street. It's primarily a rental unit but we use it a few times a year. Town lift is just a few minutes away on foot, even in ski boots. Bus stop right outside the lobby. Looks like we will be there in Feb and again in March, not certain of the dates. So if anyone is heading to P.C. this winter send me a message!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have been to Colorado (Beav, Breck & Vail), California (Heavenly & Kirkwood) and Utah (DV, PC & Canyons.) My absolute favorite was Kirkwood. The day we skied there was truly epic. We got there just as the roads reopened after a major dump. Conditions were spectacular and it was very cool watching some of the extreme skiers dropping into chutes while we were riding the chairs.

We always enjoyed Colorado but the flight+drive times made 3-4 day trips more challenging, especially once we had kids. Beav and Vail are massive. As long as everything is open you can find some tranquility if you know when/where to look. I also really liked Breck. Haven't skied there since Peak 6 opened, but what a great town with plenty of pub/dining options. The only problem with Breck was the altitude. Both of our kids suffered from altitude sickness so we have ruled that out for the time being.

A few years ago we took our first trip to Park City. And then returned the following season. And then again. After the Vail Group announced they were acquiring PC we ended up buying a condo right at the base of Main Street. It's primarily a rental unit but we use it a few times a year. Town lift is just a few minutes away on foot, even in ski boots. Bus stop right outside the lobby. Looks like we will be there in Feb and again in March, not certain of the dates. So if anyone is heading to P.C. this winter send me a message!
You really should try Steamboat. Fly right into Hayden, 20 minute drive to the town. Great mountain, friendly people.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You really should try Steamboat. Fly right into Hayden, 20 minute drive to the town. Great mountain, friendly people.
I've heard good things about Steamboat but have never been there. What kind of terrain does it offer??

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've heard good things about Steamboat but have never been there. What kind of terrain does it offer??
Trees , trees and more trees.

Love the tree skiing there

Love the boat!!!

Lately we have fallen in love with crested butte. Not even close to as busy as I 70 resorts you have been too. You can fly into gunnison and drive the 30 miles north. Its epic now, so we did the epic local pass this year. It will make the i70 trips more affordable, since breck, keystone and a basin are on it. Plus 10 days at vail and beav.

The boat is the same and not as busy. There is nothing else up there. The town is cool as wel

lhttps://www.pugski.com/threads/unofficial-guide-steamboat-springs-co.4758/

The link will give you an unofficial guide to the boat.

"Steamboat Springs Colorado is located about 180 miles northwest of Denver, just over Rabbit Ears pass (Continental Divide). Averaging 349" of our famous uber light and dry Champagne Powder, the mountain offers some of the best tree skiing anywhere. Steamboat is the perfect winter family resort offering not only world-class skiing but a myriad of non-skiing sports activities and attractions. Steamboat is famous for their powder and excellent snow quality and has meadows, long bump runs, groomed cruisers of all levels, NASTAR and numerous terrain parks so skiers and riders of all ability levels have plenty of options; Steamboat even has night skiing. The resort is spread out over six peaks in the Park Mountain Range and with short lift lines you will be sure to get many great runs in your day or night of skiing at Steamboat. Steamboat is one of the best places to learn how to ski with world class instructors and a top-notch children's program. Steamboat also has the STARS program for adaptive sports. More than 60 skiers from Steamboat have joined US Olympic teams, including Olympic medalist and world champion Billy Kidd. Steamboat offers something for everyone and is a great choice for those looking for activities for non-skiers or those who want to diversify their vacation."

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Out of the Utah resorts you listed. What was your favorite? We really like deer valley. We spent 2 weeks skiing Utah a couple years ago. I liked alta a lot, but really like deer valley as well. Park was lots of short runs down one hill to another hill. The house trails were cool but crowded.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of the Utah resorts you listed. What was your favorite? We really like deer valley. We spent 2 weeks skiing Utah a couple years ago. I liked alta a lot, but really like deer valley as well. Park was lots of short runs down one hill to another hill. The house trails were cool but crowded.
Snowbird!!!!!

--