• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Some guidance is needed please.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m looking for some guidance from this group. Due to life changes I have to sell my 21-AR250. Where I’m needing some help is the boat is in heated storage as I live in Wisconsin and I am unsure if I should post it for sale now or wait until March when I pull it out of storage. Is it better to try and sale during the off season or wait until things start ramping up? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If it were me and I had to sell, I'd do it now, be patient, and stay firm on a fair price. The upside to putting it up for sale now is less competition - fewer boats for sale in the winter. Boat shows start soon in your area so demand/interest will likely ramp up fast. Soon after boat show season and into Spring the used boat market gets a glut and prices more competitive - days to sale longer. If you use a site with a listing fee, that fee is usually one time and the boat can stay listed for a long time for no additional cost. A traditional broker may not charge any up-front or carrying fees. The downside is people will probably want to start it up. If your garage is heated to a temp that you don't have to winterize it again every time someone test runs it, then you're good. Loads of people buy a boat without test driving it, so I don't really think that's a huge issue for a winter sale. Good luck!

That makes complete sense, thanks for the insight.

I'd put it up for sale now, if nobody takes it off your hands, you're only out the time that it's listed, which isn't a negative, IMO.

Any prospective buyer will factor in storage, and maybe you can work something out for them to take over the storage or factor it into the sale.

There's always a solution for interested parties - on both ends of the sale

When I was looking at trailerable cruisers, I was told that it was common for boats in your area to sell over the Winter, pending a Spring sea trial. Aside from the sea trial, I believe that one reason for this is that some boats simply are not very accessible when in heated storage. I’ll ask the local members if this is true?

Jim

That is somewhat my issue. The accessibility is limited at the marina I have it stored at.

Back