• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober's Sound System

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is incredible! With all those batteries and speakers you now have permanent ballast too. Thank goodness you have the HO motors or else it might be a struggle to have much speed at all.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, that is nice.. Those ARC amps are the deal... I see you went with the same Capacitor :) providing power to the amps becomes an issue once you get up to these power levels... we need to connect our boats together and rock a lake and beat the crap out of some fish :)

where did you get those recessed pieces for your battery cuttoff switches?

I'll be honest I don't remember where I got the recessed switches. Somewhere online.

If you ever make it to Havasu let me know!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is incredible! With all those batteries and speakers you now have permanent ballast too. Thank goodness you have the HO motors or else it might be a struggle to have much speed at all.
I had a similar set up on my 2007 AR210 with out the H/O motors. It really effected the top end speed and I had to limit the amount of people I carried. Now with the 2013 212SS with the H/O motors I barely even notice a difference in speed. Such a big difference!

Pics of my old boat are in my photo albums.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW what an amazing setup, looks like at full volume (if that would be possible without your ears bleeding!) you could draw close to 450 amps!!! That is insane, how do you keep things cool?
Everything stays cool because I spent the extra money on high quality equipment. I learned from my last boat it was a must! You can't go wrong with Wetsounds or any ARC product. Wetsounds pretty much has the tower speaker market on lock. No one is getting close to them. Pay the extra $$$ for Wetsounds and you won't be disappointed.

Cowboy Casey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everything stays cool because I spent the extra money on high quality equipment. I learned from my last boat it was a must! You can't go wrong with Wetsounds or any ARC product. Wetsounds pretty much has the tower speaker market on lock. No one is getting close to them. Pay the extra $$$ for Wetsounds and you won't be disappointed.
I agree, quality equipment gets the best sound hands down.. :) Just ask my neibors :devilhorns:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow.. I guess there is a boat in there somewhere.. Feeling a little inadequate with my little stereo right now.. lol

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow.. I guess there is a boat in there somewhere.. Feeling a little inadequate with my little stereo right now.. lol
Agree!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I have a problem......I like to be the loudest boat in the channel, sand bar, party cove, etc. ;)

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a crazy setup. Did you do the install yourself or have a professional do it?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is a crazy setup. Did you do the install yourself or have a professional do it?
DBG Concepts in San Diego CA did the tower, pole, designed and installed the system including battery set up.

www.dbgconcepts.com

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you install a vent for the subs or is it sealed off when the seat cushions are on?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No vent. It is sealed off where the seat cushion is directly in front of the Helm. It is not an issue though with Arc Class G/H Amps. They can be ran all day in 110 degree weather and not over heat. I've tested it. They put out very minimal heat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not asking because of temps just asking because of sound, is the bass full and like a punch in the face? :D

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
All I can say is WOW!! What ended up costing more, the sound system or the boat?
Lol I was wondering the same thing....That is one hell of a system!!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ooops my bad. I thought you were talking about the amp enclosure.....

The subs are in a sealed box that is raised off of the ground and secured to the deck. The subs are pointing towards the deck so the base resonates throughout the boat.

It hits hard and clean!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ooops my bad. I thought you were talking about the amp enclosure.....

The subs are in a sealed box that is raised off of the ground and secured to the deck. The subs are pointing towards the deck so the base resonates throughout the boat. It hits hard and clean!
Exactly what I wanted to hear!!!!!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I definitely have a problem, in a good way. I will be adding a pair of Wetsounds Rev 10s on a swivel mount to compliment my two REV 410s. I will be matching the Rev 10s with another ARC 600.2 amp. They will be on display come August on our next trip to Havasu.

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now we need to specs on how we can get a pole too! I've considered adding one, but I have no machining experience to cut or angle the pipes.