• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Special members only sale by Cobra Jet STEERING LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
CURRENT SALE being offered by COBRA JET STEERING. As of 08-25-2018 this is a members only sale, you must be a member of this web site to order these products at the sale prices.
Your member name is required along with the make , model and year of the boat and the state the parts are being shipped to.
This sale is subject to end with 24 hours notice, sale pricing can not be combined with other offers or discounts.
Sale ended 10 31 18
New end of year sale is currently in progress
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-steering-llc-end-of-year-sale-on-select-systems.20242/

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am still deciding weather or not to include my latest Ultimate ak steering and ak mega fang plus system combo to this sale. I have a very limited number of those in stock here is a description from a member of this web site who has been using the Ultimate a k and mega fang plus system on his 21 foot a k boat for about a month.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"First off, install was easy. I had no trouble following instructions and the pictures provided.

Now on to performance. I was at the coast for testing. So the conditions are with ICW currents.

The fins and fangs performed very well. Slow/no wake handling was surprisingly impressive considering the
4-6 mph current that I was in. I did not have any type of load assisting bumpers installed on my trailer. Had no trouble loading or unloading. I could control the boat well. Reverse was improved over stock. I will say it performed well with the current, but believe it would be a lot more noticeable in a lake setting. So low speed handling was great.

High speed handling is where I noticed the biggest difference. I will describe the steering not as power steering, but more of a progressive type steering. Let me explain. If anyone has driven a car that has power steering, and a car without power steering then you have experienced both worlds. The car with power steering is great at low speeds and turning while stopped. Not so much at higher speeds as you have less feel of the road. With no power steering, you hate the times you are slow or stopped but the road response is noticeably better and you can feel the road and seem to have more control. That’s why race cars don’t have power steering.

That’s what I felt this system added to the Yamaha. You feel like you have low speed control and ease of steering, yet when you are at higher speeds you feel the steering has that feedback and thus more feel for what your boat is doing or fixing to do. The steering is still light with system, but I feel more in control because I feel what my boat is doing/fixing to do (bow walk, turns, etc.). Tracking was straight. Tighter turns. Off throttle control was amazing compared to before. I could back off the throttle and definitely control my boat even in currents and heavy, heavy chop.

To summarize my experience.

I had the Thrust Vectors. They performed well at no wake speeds. Had no complaints on their performance.
The Cobra Jet system did the same thing at no wake speeds. Where the Cobra Jet system excelled was anything above no wake speed. From no wake speed to full throttle performance was apparent. Increased off throttle maneuvering, high speed maneuvering, low speed maneuvering, and straight line tracking. I do not regret changing to the cobra Jet system.

I agree with several things that I have read on some of the forums. This system should be standard on these boats. Just from the safety aspect of off power control and docking control. Not to mention the increased high speed performance.

You will not go wrong with this system and will not need the money back guarantee the is offered. You will not want your money back after you use it. Customer service is amazing! Definitely goes above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. The only other advice I will give is this. Make sure you listen to what Jeff says to do. PUT BLUE LOCK TIGHT ON EVERY BOLT AND NUT! I have checked and double checked my bolts and nuts. Non of them, I repeat, non of them have loosened. I have about 10 hrs running the system and solid as a rock.

Buy it, you won’t regret it! "

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I also have a member with a 24 foot A K boat who was running the Magnum ak and mega fangs and is now trying the Ultimate ak with Mega Fang Plus steering on his boat I hope to get some feedback soon on that one
first picture is the 21 foot with the ultimate ak and mega fang plus I hope to get some easier pictures to copy and post here soon.
And second is the 24 foot with the same ultimate a k and mega fang plus system.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok I now have some of the new Ultimate A K steering system parts on hand, although a very limited number of them.
This system uses the largest of the cobra fins, it has the most adjustments, it can stay down at speed or go Up at speed it is tempered 6061-t6 aluminum , The fins are spring loaded also, the system includes the second tie rod for the A K boats retail for this is $ during this combo sale you can purchase the Ultimate A K with the A K mega fangs, retail $ for a total value of $ now during the sale subject to availability for only $plus 7 dollars shipping in the U S A. This system fits all 21 and 24 foot a k twin engine boats, The Ultimate A K steering is the most effective & most versatile system available for your boat at any price.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have had several people ask about the sale requiring a combo purchase and not really applying to the individual parts so for the remainder of the sale I will include Magnum A K systems, Ultimate A K systems,regular Ultimate systems and Mega Fang Plus systems.
Remember this steering is much more than just slow speed assistance, The Ultimate provides high speed mid range and slow speed assistance, it has numerous sub settings and the ability to stagger the fins for even more versatility, it also has electability. It is compatible with the mega fang plus as sold or the lateral thrusters if you choose the alternate side force stabilizer. In that case just specify you want the alternate side force stabilizer and it will be sent in place of the original one. The sale price for this setup is per nozzle = $ for the twin setup For combo setups refer back to the original sale pricing.
The magnum A K steering is designed for the 21 and 24 foot articulating keel boats up to 2018 models. This also includes the second tie rod for balancing out the steering system. The steering is also adjustable for changing the level of influence to meet your particular needs. This system also provides steering assistance at the dock or wide open and in between get better high speed turns with less speed bleed off and feedback in the steering . This system is compatible with the A K Mega Fang set or the lateral thrusters as sold so no need for any change in parts for either system to be added to this.
The sale price for this system by itself will be $ if you wish to add the A K mega Fang Plus system refer back to the original sale pricing for both.
I will also offer the new Ultimate A K steering system, this also has the second tie rod included , this system is the largest of my A K systems it is also spring loaded, adjustable and selectable if you want the best system available anywhere this is it! And it too is compatible with the A K Mega Fang Plus system or the lateral thrusters as sold no mods required . This system will be included in the sale for $ if you wish to add the A K Mega Fang Plus system just refer back to the original combo pricing.
Note there are members of this site who have these systems and who have the combination of the mega fang plus or the lateral thrusters all playing nicely together with these steering systems , just ask around or read some of the posts. To place an order or get information on any of the products just send me an email jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jeff can you explain a bit on how the fangs improve steering? Its for reverse?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The nozzles up to the latest styles on the 2019 boats all have a simple opening underneath for the reverse thrust to exit when you close the reverse gates. This water was not being directed very well if at all making it mostly ineffective.
The fangs do numerous things, one is to corral that water as it exits giving it more focus, while also capture more of the thrust for improved stopping power and reverse power.
The age old principal of having a part of the rudder forward of the pivot point of the rudder.
Or in this case having steering fins forward of the pivot point of the nozzle also cancels out some of the extra resistance created by the fins that are trailing behind the nozzle so you get a reduction of steering resistance at high speeds employing this principal.
Not only does that happen but you also get more steering influence and faster response as the fangs move the back of the boat quicker by leading the back into the turns so you are realizing less high speed bleed off and sharper turning at planning speeds.
As for twin engine boats the fangs also enhance the results of the throttle staggering procedure where you can rotate the boat in place simply by staggering the throttles, this is a result of utilizing and directing more of the available reverse thrust with the forward leading fins.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok, for the record this sale will end on Oct 31st at midnight Eastern time . I offer a wide variety of steering systems some model specific , so if you have any questions feel free to message me ,call me or email me. Remember my steering systems were designed to offer you the most steering and the most options . So you get the most from your jet boat.

don't miss out on the current sale
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-steering-llc-end-of-year-sale-on-select-systems.20242/

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other