• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Springfield Pedestal Adjustment

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So silly question. Since the 1250151 appears NLA anywhere. Mainstay/springfield also sells just the power rise pedestal w/o the top portion. Has anyone just replaced the pedestal and not the bottom of the seat? I .e. did any of you look at just sliding your seat base over the pedestal w/o replacing the adjustment to the seat?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did look at that, as they looked identical, and the fit was good.

Two things, the new seat post had the channel to lock rotation. And the new base had the additional lever to control height. Something has to exist to push that button in the center of the post to activate the raise/lower feature.

I suppose they offer the post alone for those that have one fail.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are right about the raise/lower. dagnabbit. I'll try look.
I found this one, for apparently 100 bucks more than you guys were able to find. $195 right now.
Mainstay Power Rise Pedestal with Seat Mount Slide 14.5" to 19.5"

1250150 isntead of the 1. wonder what the difference is.

hmm

Springfield Marine Adjustable Height Pedestal

I'm more than likely going to set this height once and enver adjust again. Do any of you actually adjust it? or did you set it and forget ti can rise/lower?

Ordered a WISE pedestal from Amazon for 70 dollars. It's not the power one everyone has but the price was right. I'll let everyone know what I think once it's installed.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since I had to drill/tap all new holes, you literally could go with any pedestal. Of course it's nice when the holes on the seat match up, that's for sure.

It may be worth reaching out to Cascade or the Springfield outlet. From what I can tell, they are one in the same. As I bought from Cascade, but it shipped from Springfield directly. Maybe they can either match the old price, or they have additional stock that does not show up.

Mine was supposedly a scratch n Dent. Maybe that's why it needs help to raise up. For the price, that doesn't bother me at all.

Good luck Luke!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You are right about the raise/lower. dagnabbit. I'll try look.
I found this one, for apparently 100 bucks more than you guys were able to find. $195 right now.
Mainstay Power Rise Pedestal with Seat Mount Slide 14.5" to 19.5"

1250150 isntead of the 1. wonder what the difference is.

hmm

Springfield Marine Adjustable Height Pedestal

I'm more than likely going to set this height once and enver adjust again. Do any of you actually adjust it? or did you set it and forget ti can rise/lower?

Ordered a WISE pedestal from Amazon for 70 dollars. It's not the power one everyone has but the price was right. I'll let everyone know what I think once it's installed.
Looks like it comes with the slide/swivel combo, which makes the price even better than the low price we paid, in fact.
The OEM slide broke on one of mine, btw, and I needed to replace it. Paid $150 or so just for that, no post.

Re: adjustability - I use it all the time.
Typically, I have it down all the way.
Pushing it up just a little bit gives you some cushioning, which is great in rough water given how far forward captain seat is, for example compared to a standard center console boat.
Moving it up further can put your head over the windshield which can be really good at night.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed!
IMG_20190704_155502.jpgIMG_20190704_155459.jpgIMG_20190704_153257.jpgIMG_20190704_152748.jpg

First time I have ever tapped. Pretty easy. Drill the hole. Two keys are to keep that lubrication on it and to keep moving forward/backward/forward and take your time. No problems at all.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice work! it's a very satisfying project especially after you use it. I love sitting up above the windshield and I may need to adjust my mirror now that I am up higher.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. Got to take it out a couple of days later. The higher pedestal does wobble a little bit more than the old one, but being able to sit up so high with your full butt in a full seat is quite a treat. Love this mod.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What is the correct link for buying this now? I can’t seem to find it anywhere in stock!

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been meaning to post. i found a post (ha!) on amazon for less that is manually adjustable.
Amazon.com : Wise 8WP21-374 Adjustable Pedestal with Slide : Boat Seating : Sports & Outdoors
at the time it was 72$ it's now 104.
This is purely manual.

IMG_2866.jpg

baseplates.jpg
baseplates.

posts.jpg
both poles next to each other.

I did make the mistake of trying to adjust it while underway the other day and got a nasty pinch cut on my hand as it. It does rattle a bit more than stock and you need to cinch down the rotation collar so that it rattles less. But i got the height i need to drive. At top height my feet do not touch the ground...

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Manual adjustment is better than no height. I think I cringed for you thinking about the pinch!

Mine at full height will get my feet off the floor too, I love it. It makes me realize how much we sit in these boats while cruising. It makes everyone else around me want to kneel to get up higher!

Nice work!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm this will also work on the 19 foot boats? 2017 AR195 here and really want to stop sitting on that bolster.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As most of us have done, we drilled and tapped new holes. So yes, you can put this in any boat. In Yamaha boats, the sub-deck is aluminum.

Buy the base you want, and drill/tap new holes. It's an easy project.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I seen yall went with the 2 3/8ths diameter version. I dont see that model with seat mount on it on springfield anymore. Any reason to not go with the 2 7/8ths pole? Im a big guy and want to make sure its stable at height for my big ass, lol.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the bigger pole has a different bolt pattern to the deck. Mine bolted directly in and I did not have an orientation issue as mentioend earlier.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
the bigger pole has a different bolt pattern to the deck. Mine bolted directly in and I did not have an orientation issue as mentioend earlier.
Really? with the 2.38 or the 2.78. Cuz everyone either left it or re-oriented with new holes. Good on ya. maybe they seen all the posts and did something about it.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See my post, the manual post I bought looks near identical to the original. (without that stupid rocker forward/back or rotate tab).

Ba6257

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry to dig up an old post, but have a question. Should I be concerned with going with the 2 3/8 inch post vs the 2 7/8 post. Looks like most on here went with the smaller, but looks like my stock post is 2 7/8. I found both sizes on Amazon and the larger size is about $30 more. Just curious. I weigh about 200 lbs and will be using in freshwater lake. Thanks.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to dig up an old post, but have a question. Should I be concerned with going with the 2 3/8 inch post vs the 2 7/8 post. Looks like most on here went with the smaller, but looks like my stock post is 2 7/8. I found both sizes on Amazon and the larger size is about $30 more. Just curious. I weigh about 200 lbs and will be using in freshwater lake. Thanks.

from what I recall, one has a completely different bolt pattern and size of thread...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think either of those sizes are an issue. Mine looks like the smaller of the two, and at the time of install I was pushing 250lbs. (much less now)

And as far as bolt pattern, just be prepared to drill and tap new holes. Chances of getting all the old bolts out in one piece, let alone matching them up are slim. Once you get over the fact that drilling and tapping aluminum is stupid easy, it will free you up to buy whatever base/post you want.

Good luck!