• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

stainless vent & gas cap options?

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
swapping out all the cup holders to stainless...wanna do these and then figure out a better deal for the plastic grab handles too.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They definitely sell the horn cover in stainless. My 2014 AR192 had it in stainless. I'm not sure about the gas cap.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited by a moderator:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Don't think they sell a separate cover for the horn here's a couple links HORN and Parts Listing. Listings are for a 2017 SX195, should be identical.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I painted mine black which looks nicer but stainless is still better.

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not a horrible idea...what paint did you use? how'd it hold up?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 195's had Aluminum Grab Handles. It's on my upgrade list as well, just hasn't made it to the top yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you paint both the horn and the filler, or just the horn?

I've been looking for a reason to try out "plasti-dipping" something. Any idea if that might work on this?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I painted the horn also. Looks good.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The 2020 195s has both in what you're looking for.

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
swapping out all the cup holders to stainless...wanna do these and then figure out a better deal for the plastic grab handles too.
I'm looking to swap my cupholders out too. You doing the rings only or the whole holder?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking for a reason to try out "plasti-dipping" something. Any idea if that might work on this?
If that's plastic/ABS/polycarb, it should be zero problems. I've done two of these dryer vent outlets, done all the plexiglass windows on my garage door (security thing), and a few metal items. Like anything, prep it (scuff it up if it's slick, like my plexi windows), clean it, then spray it thicker than you think, but not so thick that it runs. Multiple coats "meld" together, for lack of a better description. If it's not thick enough, it's more difficult to remove, if you need to do that. Still not that hard, but you'd actually be better off spraying over it with another coat if you want to remove something and it's not thick enough. I did NOT prep the plexi windows, and they look like crap, but they still work for what I need them for, stopping anyone from seeing inside my garage. The dryer vents were properly prepped, and they came out looking like the factory made them in that color.

IMO, this is perfectly suited for your intro to PlastiDip. Take a green scotch brite pad to them, wash them with your Dawn soap ;) let them dry completely, and spray away.