• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steps for Rejex!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds like it just needs more buffing. I use Rejex, in fact I just finished waxing the new rig with it. Boat will be next.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My finger nail dosent get caught in it.
When I buffed it, the size did get smaller.
If it was reduced in size, it would seem to indicate that it can be buffed out. You will need to use a stronger/more aggressive compound and pad. There are a number of marine specific compounds, but you can try an aggressive auto compound to start. I would suggest: Griot's Garage Boss Fast Correcting Cream and a microfiber pad. Your Harbor Freight buffer is also a weak link. You can use it, but it will take a very long time with many applications depending on the scuff. You would be better served by either: a long throw (15-21mm) RO buffer or a RO buffer with forced pad rotation. Do not skimp on the buffing compound (you want a sub-micron abrasive that breaks down versus a cheap gritty compound that leave lots of scratches) or the buffer.

You also might want to look at Shurhold. They sell a buffer and a compound that many say work well together; they have videos on their site. It might be your least expensive choice.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My finger nail dosent get caught in it.
When I buffed it, the size did get smaller.
I agree with @Elliott more buffing. I would try the 3m again later when you clean again. I would not recommend a gritty compound especially on a black boat. I just would not reco that to someone that I dont know thier experience with wheel (high speed buffer) you might haze or burn the gel coat.

Worst case right now, touch up with a sharpie until time to clean again. Although the sharpie might stay with the rejex.

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will speak the heresy plainly:

If it is that small, consider just letting it be. It is a big boat. I get that it is your baby (I have one too), but it will get dings and scratches. Yes, we hate it. But, the big ones we should address and the little ones (like this), we should consider them as love wrinkles and move on to enjoying the boat on the water.

There is a practical side to this, too. As you use stronger compounds to rub out this little scratch, you are removing gelcoat. How much of that is worth it? You risk removing enough that the next time (or even this time) you hit the fiberglass. Then you are relaying the gelcoat. Not tragic, but a lot of work for one little scratch.

IMHO, etc. But consider calling the smaller scratch a win and floating on your boat.