• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Comm Error

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's the stereo, it sounds like there is loose connection somewhere or maybe a speaker not working. But need to trouble shoot to see when the error comes on. Does it stay on while driving? Does it only do it at a certain point in your outings? Please tell more info about what's going on.

Cody Johnson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmm. So now I'm not really understanding what error you're getting and when you are getting the error. Can you take a photo of it please? Could be an error related to engines? Really could be anything with these boats.
Will do. We’re away for a week so it’ll be a minute before I see it again

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, out of the blue my radio quit working today while anchored in a cove and I’m getting the stereo comm error. Weird thing is my son was playing around the helm area and messing with my phone charger plugged in to the USB port. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it or just coincidence it happened at same time. I guess I’ll start with unplugging the controller back on the swim deck to see if that fixes it.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have more details? Amps still running? Any problems with other equipment like equalizer if you have one?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have more details? Amps still running? Any problems with other equipment like equalizer if you have one?
I didn’t even check amps. Stereo was working fine one minute, then went silent and connext started beeping and message of stereo comm error. Will have to check when I get back to Boat and report back.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me this past weekend. Mine was a result of a blown main power fuse. Usually when it suddenly happens like that it's the fuses. Hopefully it's nothing more than that for you.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me this past weekend. Mine was a result of a blown main power fuse. Usually when it suddenly happens like that it's the fuses. Hopefully it's nothing more than that for you.
Do you think that my son could of blown a fuse unplugging and plugging in my phone charger to the USB port? He was playing with it and moving it all around. Just seems funny all of a sudden it quits when he is over there messing with it.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its possible. I still can't get my head around why fuses blow sometimes. Mine blew just by starting the blower in the engine and starting the engines. I just see that electricity being around water is probably not good and something eventually faults out without proper explanation to the common people. One thing I did to eliminate blown fuses all the time was to disconnect the transom remote. It was messing with my system too much as it doesn't seem too waterproof to me. But if you are running a distribution block, I would check the main fuse from the battery to that and work your way down all the fuses. If the connext screen is still working, there is a fault somewhere in the aftermarket part of the system.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I unplugged the rear remote yesterday and still getting the errror. I also noticed my 12 volt plug back in the swim deck storage compartment isn’t working. I was going to blow up a float but no power back there for the pump. I used the pump on a friend’s boat so I know it’s not the pump. I didn’t feel like working on the boat while out yesterday so will have to try and figure it out later.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where is the main power fuse?

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is the main power fuse?
Main fuse is in little black box by the switches on the wall to the engine compartment on port side.
If you can take a pic of the battery compartment, the connext screen with the error and a pic behind the helm of the Polk receiver please. Sounds like there might be loose connection there. Make sure that the Polk receiver is connected to the connext screen tight. Its a black plug and play wire from the polk to the connext. Hard to troubleshoot not seeing visuals lol.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok I may get up there today to look at it. If not it may be a week or so. I’ll check fuse first

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok cool. keep us posted. If still an issue maybe when you're near the boat you can holla at me and can walk thru some things. Just let me know.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
8FC20D7E-1D50-4678-995C-D320E7593C6B.jpeg @FloJet here is connext screen. I’m not seeing a fuse box in battery compartment on Wall.
Both tachs Work.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
B46E4DD8-99BF-4F07-A4BA-4DE63676F1E3.jpeg This??

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has to be a fuse. I have no power at the 12v outlets at rear swimdeck or at helm. No power at USB port at helm either when I plug phone charger up.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok in the battery area, you have a big black box where the wires come out of to connect to the batteries. If you are facing the port side bench looking at the batteries, there is small black box at the top left of that big black box. So the small box is past the perc switches. I'll try to take a pic of it in the next day or two.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Found it! Fuse blown. Replaced and up and running now

405A0567-1979-4B8E-A8FE-452DFA826A93.jpeg

FloJet