• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Still May be too early

(I am well aware this is not that kind of site… you’re more of an “if it ain’t broke, modify it” bunch.)

If there's a truer statement around here, I haven't seen it! ? ? ?

Yup, too early. It is still March in the North. It's going to be cold for the next few days.

20220327_070311.jpg

First look outside this morning. The pool ice had just melted.

07B4A041-ECB4-4C98-BC8E-40BFC688034F.jpegStill a little cool for us :) ?

I know it is the weather and the admiral thinks I am foolish looking ahead for 10-14 days but, I can't resist...... Shooting for the 3rd to de winterize, work on some minor things during the week and go fishing for Steelhead, Salmon and Walleye on the 9th in the St. Clair River. For my first outing!

1648506060896.png

Yup, still too early...freezing my butternuts off. Yesterday's mid daytime temp.

20220329_071904.jpg

Last edited:
Well I guess my plans were so yesterday..... to uncover the boat soon.

1648557341704.png
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM EDT WEDNESDAY... * WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow and sleet accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations around one tenth of an inch. * WHERE...Livingston, Oakland, Washtenaw, Wayne, Lenawee and Monroe Counties. * WHEN...From 8 PM this evening to 10 AM EDT Wednesday. * IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A burst of snow and sleet moves into the area west of US-23 by 8 PM and then spreads southwest to northeast across metro Detroit and the northern suburbs. Snow and sleet change over to freezing rain quickly during the evening which then continues after midnight into Wednesday morning. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Untreated road and walking surfaces are expected to become slick and hazardous. Extra caution and slower travel will likely be needed during the morning commute. &&

LSC from new restuarant on the water today
Couple more angles from end of last season during their opening weekend. Gonna be really nice once it's warms up consistently (after the winter weather advisory slated for tomorrow, lol). Good protected dockage in the back too (just need to run the concrete sidewalk a little longer), and it's location to Munchies will be pretty convenient!

20211107_174529_1.jpg
20211107_145342.jpg
20211107_145355.jpg
20211107_160655.jpg
20211107_145109.jpg

From what I understand, on the right side, in the channel coming in it is 30' and larger boats and on the left and around back it will under 30'. 6 dock hands to help tie up boats. Pretty cool that it is an Island. They showed us plans for the additional out door seating and the dock side food service plans as well out past the the Big Tree.

that place is going to be a zoo for sure on Saturdays.

From what I understand, on the right side, in the channel coming in it is 30' and larger boats and on the left and around back it will under 30'. 6 dock hands to help tie up boats. Pretty cool that it is an Island. They showed us plans for the additional out door seating and the dock side food service plans as well out past the the Big Tree.

that place is going to be a zoo for sure on Saturdays.
Definitely wIll be a zoo. I usually try to get out there for lunch early when the places open on the weekends if we're hitting Island, Brown's, On the Rocks, AHC/PortOCall, or now this year Cabana Blue.

Maybe if I'm already at Munchies, I might be able to use the runabout for my runabout to paddle over and grab some sliders without pulling anchor! ? Who knows, maybe they'll get really enterprising and set up a little dinghy delivery system for people to call in orders from Munchies and have them delivered directly to their boats. Similar to the pizza boat at Poor Man's. Someone could make serious gratuities doing that I would think!
1648564643969.png1648564747531.png

I have seen the boats over there anchored and swimming. We haven't done that yet. Not our thing. We do tube and watersports and float in the bay south of Munchies. Nicer water, not too deep and less waves. Perhaps we will run into each other out there.

1648565731092.png

I have seen the boats over there anchored and swimming. We haven't done that yet. Not our thing. We do tube and watersports and float in the bay south of Munchies. Nicer water, not too deep and less waves. Perhaps we will run into each other out there.
Yeah Bouvier is a great place to tube. I haven't had a chance to check the water levels and forecasts yet online, but one of my coworkers was saying it was supposed to be down a foot or so this year from last. So I suspect most of those 1's on the map will still be 2's or a smidge more, given how high the waters were over the past few years.

I was marking consistent 5' last year and 9' in the hole there.

Never too early to advertise...Our marina is one of the best places to hear some great live music down on the waterfront. They recently showed this pic. from a couple of years ago attempting to fill transient slips this Summer. The Coast Guard Station has a pretty good view too.

20220329_185955.jpg

Last edited:
Well I believe I have a target date.... I am already feeling a slight cough coming on for next week Wednesday and a personal day :)

1649171709961.png

Last edited:
Still too early...

IMG_0526_exported_stabilized_2188475473057005507.gif

Looking towards the Lake.

IMG_0533_exported_stabilized_2063182462857990560.gif

It's just one of those days.

Last edited:
Meh, weather report is changing.... Heavy rain all week, sunny and cold next weekend, Michigan sucks for boating right now.

1649731637615.png

I braved the conditions and took the boat out last week and in late March. Managed to survive, no fish but did spend an hour with these beauties! Sorry about the image quality - phone at night with only my blue underwater boat light for illumination.
20220319_214358.jpg20220319_214352.jpg20220319_214354.jpg

Boating season has arrived next week.

1651924214935.png

We will be out tomorrow, finally getting warm enough, no ice and the winds are calming down....thank you rain these past two weeks for speeding things along

Back