• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

STOLEN BOAT - <now found>

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I haven't popped the ignition/interlock off my boat, but are they really that complicated? There's no ID chip on the keys for these boats, looks like it would be a simple switch.
Ignition isn't complicated, but man all the BCU/Connection errors these electronics throw without anyone hacking into wires......I'm shocked it didn't just self destruct. LOL!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Man did I miss a story or what?! I knew 2020 was bad, but I didn't know it was steal-a-275-for-a-weekend-after-being-stabbed, bad. Happy to read the boat is returned. I would come down hard on the marina - what a joke that place is.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just reading about this for the 1st time but being in law enforcement for over 20 years, it doesn't surprise me any. Not sure I like the way your law enforcement is handling / building their case but laws are different in different states. So is procedure to a certain point. Anyway, just make sure to stick with it and fully prosecute the POS. Glad you got it back.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just reading about this for the 1st time but being in law enforcement for over 20 years, it doesn't surprise me any. Not sure I like the way your law enforcement is handling / building their case but laws are different in different states. So is procedure to a certain point. Anyway, just make sure to stick with it and fully prosecute the POS. Glad you got it back.
I could type many things in response to this but I’ll leave it to, “Welcome to Maryland.” 😂

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will say this. Where this scumbag gets charged is not going to be PG, Howard, or Montgomery County where he would do zero time, all on the western shore. If he can be charged in an Eastern Shore county, which are mostly free of liberal judges and instead have hard ass judges, he will do substantial time. If I was the investigator, I would do what I need to do to obtain the charges on the eastern shore.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Above is a simple and relatively affordable GPS I use for trailer tracking. Thinking it could be a good option for boat tracking also.

AnnapolisCatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Just got word from the mechanic, he is having a hard time getting parts for our boat. Looking like we won't be getting back on the water until September.

Any chance anyone knows where I can get a starboard and port impellers, impeller sleeves, oil seal, and 2 jet nozzles for a 275 SE?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Maybe Yamaha sports plaza in Oregon.
View attachment 126127
This is usually where I get my OEM parts. Just be aware that they seem to order everything after you order it and don’t seem to stock in their own warehouse or drop ship. The quickest I’ve gotten something from them was like two weeks.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another option is Babbitts , I’ve never ordered anything from them but @ThatJeepGuy was able to order the in water stern seat parts for a 275 from them which to date have been hard to get. Their site looks a lot like Yamaha sports plaza’s.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just got word from the mechanic, he is having a hard time getting parts for our boat. Looking like we won't be getting back on the water until September.

Any chance anyone knows where I can get a starboard and port impellers, impeller sleeves, oil seal, and 2 jet nozzles for a 275 SE?
BS. Tell your mechanic to look harder. That sounds like the "we don't want to mess with it for a few weeks" excuse. Those parts are standard between nearly every new Yamaha boat.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Another option is Babbitts , I’ve never ordered anything from them but @ThatJeepGuy was able to order the in water stern seat parts for a 275 from them which to date have been hard to get. Their site looks a lot like Yamaha sports plaza’s.
Yeah I’ve read good things about Babbitts too. A lot of motor sports places use the same company for web design and hosting so that makes sense the site looks the same (my wife use to run marketing for one).

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a GPS on my boat. The minute it was moved a would get a text message and then I could follow it on a map in real time. It is hard wired to my battery and cost me like 50 bucks with a 15 month fee. Think I got 4 months free on the monitoring if I paid the year up front. Has a motion sensor and real time tracking. Think I have it set to report every 20 seconds if it is on the move. Bought the hard wire kit for I think 20 bucks.
Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 9.08.07 AM.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They all technically pull from the same Yamaha parts warehouse's. Boats.net is in GA where one of the larger warehouse's is at.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

As far as impellers and sleeves you could contact Impros. They're in CA, but if Glen doesn't have them he could give you the real story on availability. You can use the part numbers @Ronnie provided off Yamaha Parts Plaza.

OR ask your insurance company to total it and go buy a new boat. I'm not sure how likely that is...?

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As far as impellers and sleeves you could contact Impros. They're in CA, but if Glen doesn't have them he could give you the real story on availability. You can use the part numbers @Ronnie provided off Yamaha Parts Plaza.

OR ask your insurance company to total it and go buy a new boat. I'm not sure how likely that is...?
Even if they do that are there any 275s around?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it was my boat, I would bitch up a storm and have them total it out and I would either get a 2020 if I could find it or a 2021. Only another month and a half or so in the summer here so I would suck up it. It wouldn't be great for the family, but it would always nag me that there could be something wrong. And if future problems come up it would just make me very unhappy.

Whether or not the insurance company would even do that or you want to do that is another story.