• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

STOLEN BOAT - <now found>

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, crazy situation...

We are also located on the bay and have a 242 limited S... here is to hoping for a fast and speedy insurance claim and that you are back on the water quickly.

SlavO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I saw this on my fb page and said something to my wife.. and she said she saw it on hers.. 2 buddy's of mine texted me sayin did you here about that beautiful boat in Annapolis.. so happy she was found.. Calvert Co Hopefully we see you on the Bay before r season is over..

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Best of luck! What an amazing story, but you have all the evidence you need!! I've never read anything like this! I hope that POS ends up serving a life time - he doesn't contribute anything valuable to society it seems.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
OMG, unbelievable. I thought all the a-holes were down here. He even looks like one. Such a ballsy guy. Hope he get what he deserve.

The boat is a piece of property that can be fixed or replaced. It's the closure of what, why, who and when that'll allow you peace. Of course knowing what happens to Dustin should be icing on the cake. 🤞 fingers crossed the courts do the right thing. 🤞

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AnnapolisCatt Any word from the Marina on video footage? Any chance they'll change their tune on the lift control panel locks?

Helluva story for certain. Glad to see it back in the right hands and under good care again. Hope justice on this Dustin character is swift.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sickening story! It was upsetting to me reading it... I'm glad you got to put the dude on blast and I hope he gets what's coming to him. Although I bet he's the type that's proud of himself after it all... pure trash!

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow @AnnapolisCatt that is one crazy story. Glad you were able to recover it, hopefully it's salvageable.

It always boggles my mind when you hear stories like this how do they think they aren't going to get caught just riding around on it day after day? Maybe he just had no clue that a boat like that would be easy to spot. But scary to think if it was someone more "intelligent" they would have been able to get it out of the water and chopped down before you even knew it was gone.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's certainly a crazy story! Good luck with the courts/restitution. Someone stole one of our snowmobiles when I was a kid, cops found it a couple of weeks later, literally on a trailer, on it's way to Montana. Insurance company paid for the damage, 10 years later, my dad gets a random check in the mail for restitution from the guilty party. My dad, being the person he is, called his insurance company to see if he had to sign the check over to them. They called back, saying they don't even have this case in their system anymore because it's so old, so he could just keep the money.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@AnnapolisCatt seems like Dustin's dad was the one who really broke this open? Totally upstanding of him to turn his son in....will be interesting if he has the fortitude of character to hold his ground and make his son face the music!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm kind of impressed that clown was able to hot wire that boat and it would operate as normal. Given how sensitive the electronics is on these yamahas. They throw all kinds of codes on their own without anything weird happening to the system. HAH!

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m with @2kwik4u . I want to know what the marina is doing about this... if they haven’t already offered a refund on your season, have they AT LEAST fixed their cameras???

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@AnnapolisCatt seems like Dustin's dad was the one who really broke this open? Totally upstanding of him to turn his son in....will be interesting if he has the fortitude of character to hold his ground and make his son face the music!
I mean, Dustin did stab his dad before his dad ratted him out, so that may have been a motivating factor!

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I mean, Dustin did stab his dad before his dad ratted him out, so that may have been a motivating factor!
This all sounds like one giant “Florida Man” story...

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm kind of impressed that clown was able to hot wire that boat and it would operate as normal. Given how sensitive the electronics is on these yamahas. They throw all kinds of codes on their own without anything weird happening to the system. HAH!
I haven't popped the ignition/interlock off my boat, but are they really that complicated? There's no ID chip on the keys for these boats, looks like it would be a simple switch.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m with @2kwik4u . I want to know what the marina is doing about this... if they haven’t already offered a refund on your season, have they AT LEAST fixed their cameras???
"Maryland Man" is the new Florida Man

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree, but I'm guessing his dad is very tired of this crap as I'm sure he has had to deal with something or other for years now with his son. Very unfortunate a parent has to be put in that position or feel that way about one of their kids.