• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storage Compartments: Recommendation for Strategy?

Steven Douglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2007 SX210
So I've got this mess of a port side storage compartment (see pic). I've read that a stackable watertight storage containers are a go-to. Thinking I would store the "leave it at the boat" stuff in 2 clear medium-height stackable containers and leave the rest of the space open for trip-specific stuff.

What have others done with this space?

-SDPort.jpg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Everything in my boat are stored in clear water resistant storage tubs. I bought 4ea of prob 4 different sizes. On amazon search iris watertight storage containers

drodnyc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You can also use one of those orange or black 5 gallon buckets from Homedepot. Fits right in and great for storing paper towels, rags, cleaners, oil, filters, misc items. I also have a second one for fishing related stuff like tackle boxes, pliers, gloves, hat, etc.. when I fish I just pull out the bucket and have everything I need. Some have modded the starboard side to create a secondary storage closet. I believe there's a kit for it.. I just haven't done it yet.