• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storage containers for 190/195 series?

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have storage containers they like to keep their coast guard required items, maybe a separate one for cleaning supplies, on board?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I bought a few of these for cigars a while ago, and I recently bought a few more for boat use because the "gym bag" I was using was a PITA to dig something out of if I needed it. It's got foam inside that you can customize how you want things positioned, if you have a specific need for that type of thing. While they stack nicely if you have more than one, it wouldn't stay stacked on a boat. It's a simple friction fit, so your first wave would separate them. It truly is waterproof, there's a rubber gasket in the lid and it'll float, so you shouldn't have any issues with keeping things dry inside there.

As for any other containers, I let the wife go hunting for those. We've got a basic Sterilite container to hold the air pump, and a few more of the same to hold ropes, but these are all things you can easily find if you just walk into your local store. Nothing to write home about.

The Husky box is quite a bit larger and just as nice, IMO, as the Pelican I accepted in trade from my son. He needed a larger one, I thought I was fine with the smaller Pelican (until I saw JUST how small it is!), since I was going to be using it for flavored cigars. The Pelican is the blue one, and the Husky is the black one. My kid paid $35 for that Pelican, and you can see that the Husky is priced at $24. I think it's a steal of a deal, to be honest, and if it wasn't my kid, I wouldn't have given it up. That Pelican is about a third of the size of the Husky for more money. You'll find that pricing to be true with any of the Pelican cases. They're the Yeti's of the storage case world.

IMG_20210320_043729443.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use these.

Pelican style dry box for important papers, and electronics. Plastic bins for misc small stuff. Laundry bags for dock lines and wipe down clothes.

IMG_20190614_110728.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I bought a few of these for cigars a while ago, and I recently bought a few more for boat use because the "gym bag" I was using was a PITA to dig something out of if I needed it. It's got foam inside that you can customize how you want things positioned, if you have a specific need for that type of thing. While they stack nicely if you have more than one, it wouldn't stay stacked on a boat. It's a simple friction fit, so your first wave would separate them. It truly is waterproof, there's a rubber gasket in the lid and it'll float, so you shouldn't have any issues with keeping things dry inside there.

As for any other containers, I let the wife go hunting for those. We've got a basic Sterilite container to hold the air pump, and a few more of the same to hold ropes, but these are all things you can easily find if you just walk into your local store. Nothing to write home about.

The Husky box is quite a bit larger and just as nice, IMO, as the Pelican I accepted in trade from my son. He needed a larger one, I thought I was fine with the smaller Pelican (until I saw JUST how small it is!), since I was going to be using it for flavored cigars. The Pelican is the blue one, and the Husky is the black one. My kid paid $35 for that Pelican, and you can see that the Husky is priced at $24. I think it's a steal of a deal, to be honest, and if it wasn't my kid, I wouldn't have given it up. That Pelican is about a third of the size of the Husky for more money. You'll find that pricing to be true with any of the Pelican cases. They're the Yeti's of the storage case world.

View attachment 144763
We have been using the cases from monoprice.com for a few years at work. They're looking to be just as durable as the Pelicans so far. I got one for @Betik s travelling tongue scale after it arrived to me in rough condition from cardboard box travels.

20180919_185157.jpg20180919_184825.jpg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 144763
We have been using the cases from monoprice.com for a few years at work. They're looking to be just as durable as the Pelicans so far. I got one for @Betik s travelling tongue scale after it arrived to me in rough condition from cardboard box travels.

View attachment 144766View attachment 144767
Thanks guys. Does the foam get wet from the products it holds or do you dry the items off before you put them back in?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Does the foam get wet from the products it holds or do you dry the items off before you put them back in?
I removed the foam from mine on the boat.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 144766View attachment 144767
Testament to that is the someone actually broke the dam scale but the luck last person to get it got a free case in a perfectly good condition

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't used mine on the boat yet, but the foam would retain water, so dry stuff off before you put it back in.