• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sure Fire Transducer Location

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm new here and have a quick question.

Has anyone found "THE" place to mount a transducer on the 190FSH? I am going to pick up our new boat next week and am getting ready for the install of the electronics. I have the Garmin 741XS with 2 transducers. One for the SV/DV and another for CHIRP and transitional fish finding.

I plan on getting the stern-saver so I do not have any holes, but I also do not want to glue the stern-saver in the wrong location.

I would like, as I'm sure everyone does, to get depth readings up to max speed. SV/DV are not so important at speed!

Any advice / pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
HI Alan, Welcome to the Forum!

You got a great question there. I still haven't mounted my "all in one" transducer because I haven't decided on that perfect or almost perfect spot.
Don't think there is a perfect place, but some of the guys here have been getting it to work.
Obviously the side scan is going to be tough as there is a keel in the middle that will always obstruct one side of view.

The best install I have seen for a single transducer (no sidescan) without any interference would be the location used in this video.

For a single external transducer used for sidescan, it would have to be mounted underneath the boat in front of the keel. (1 transducer for side scan)
I am thinking about doing mine this way. I have an all in one transducer and this location makes the most sense. But just a little worried about mounting it like this...

The underneath option is discussed in this thread with install pictures.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lowrance-gen3-structure-scan-3d.8882/page-2

Lots of other location were discussed in this forum. There have been some great ideas.
Would love to hear how you end up mounting yours.