• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing 250 or 252 setups? Non wake series.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
We purchased an AR250 and the wake booster surf package and have questions on setup. Won’t get to it until the ice melts and we can take delivery here in WI. Anyone surf with the new 250 series yet that doesn’t have built in ballast? I understand we will need additional weight but curious if the new hull design has improved the ease of use? How much is needed? Just want to be able to get up with minimal spend the first year or until I know I love it. Then will fine tune as we learn more. Thanks!

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Bueller?

Ok. How about anyone with a 252 or 255 try surfing before filling the ballasts? Just to see how big the wave difference is? With the swim deck having a higher step between levels than previous models I wasn’t sure if the custom fatsac for yamahas would fit correctly or the newer style of separate 200lb cubes is the way to start?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I don’t think too many 250/2’s have been out on the water that much yet. If it’s anything like the 240/2’s your best friend is going to be weight on the transom to sink the a$$(listed to the surf side) and a wake wedge (Gantlin) to clean the jet wash. I don’t know if @jcyamaharider has measurements for the 250’s yet.
The wake boosters and what nots seem like they do ok, and require less fill time/set up work, but nothing compares to the proper displacement and cleanup than big ‘ol ballast bags and wake wedges.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A 250 bag is in the works. Like all of the other hulls out there that are tailored to wake surfing, ( inboard boats specifically ) , You will still need ballast. Still in process on a 250 bar for the Wake Wedge which should happen in the next month or 2. I would really love to have a 250 test boat if someone would be willing to be the guinea pig. A full weekend for building the wedge and another full weekend of tuning. I have plenty of space to store indoors. :)

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
A 250 bag is in the works. Like all of the other hulls out there that are tailored to wake surfing, ( inboard boats specifically ) , You will still need ballast. Still in process on a 250 bar for the Wake Wedge which should happen in the next month or 2. I would really love to have a 250 test boat if someone would be willing to be the guinea pig. A full weekend for building the wedge and another full weekend of tuning. I have plenty of space to store indoors. :)
id be open to it but 6.5 hrs from WI is a haul. I pick up the new boat in two weeks!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
id be open to it but 6.5 hrs from WI is a haul. I pick up the new boat in two weeks!
In all honesty it would be worth it! Plus it will be warmer there. You should consider going to Shelbyville this year as well.

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
In all honesty it would be worth it! Plus it will be warmer there. You should consider going to Shelbyville this year as well.
I thought about the Shelbyville trip but the 28th is our anniversary and we go to our cottage for the week in Sturgeon Bay. Can’t change those plans. Maybe next year!