• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surprising water leak...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
mine dribble under power and leak like a sieve while flushing, Biglar's replacement above is a good place to start,

someone even relocated the flush point to under the swim deck seats, maybe?? I couldn't find the post,

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yeah, looks like the factory replacement is $128, will probably go with the island racing setup. Still wanna take it apart and see what’s going on in there. Dealer said it’s pretty common and might just have debris lodged in it. We shall see

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
mine dribble under power and leak like a sieve while flushing, Biglar's replacement above is a good place to start,

someone even relocated the flush point to under the swim deck seats, maybe?? I couldn't find the post,
I replaced one of mine last season. It leaked while engine was running, adding to the water in the bilge, but not 50 gals. worth.;) The Yamaha part, check valve and hose is not cheap, but I dislike cooling water leaking into the boat more.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having the same issue. Having all kinds of water leaks and this appears to be my last. Already fixed scupper plug, then removed rub rail and siliconed and re-sealed the two part hull about midship all the way around. When I launch, my swim deck is about 4 inches under water. I kept getting water with just putting boat in water on trailer. removed clean out plug tray one day, put boat in the water and just saw a shit ton of water flowing in at the rub rails on the stern.

all water ingress do to "leaks" is gone. Just have what the jet pump pumps in to cool engine. I think it is just the "flush ports." I thought it would just roll down the deck and out the scupper. Then I ran with the engine hatch open and noticed where the water went when boat was getting up on plane. Right into the engine bay.....

Hopefully with Island Racing fix i am done with this.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Beware of the island racing setup... my barb on the back of the CPC connector already broke after 2 or three months, I emailed island racing to see if they will send a replacement, we shall see

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how did Island racing handle the replacement?

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was ignored unless he didn’t receive my multiple messages, I ended up epoxying the barb back onto the connector, has held up for 2 years so far

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was ignored unless he didn’t receive my multiple messages, I ended up epoxying the barb back onto the connector, has held up for 2 years so far

Thanks for the info. Based on that if anyone is interested I order the following:

Notice the top link shows $0.00 on the page. I got two of them to be able to cut current Yamaha hose and make two flushers. In check out they ring up as “free”

However I did buy the 5|8 hose barb just in case they don’t ship free ones.

I will report back. I paid 56 bucks including shipping for 2 panel mount, the 2 free, and 1 of the 5/8 hose barb.

Us plastic had them, but more expensive.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Based on that if anyone is interested I order the following:

Notice the top link shows $0.00 on the page. I got two of them to be able to cut current Yamaha hose and make two flushers. In check out they ring up as “free”

However I did buy the 5|8 hose barb just in case they don’t ship free ones.

I will report back. I paid 56 bucks including shipping for 2 panel mount, the 2 free, and 1 of the 5/8 hose barb.

Us plastic had them, but more expensive.
Nice, thanks for the links, I’ll probably order another just Incase my patch fails

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It shipped showing all parts. When I get home from sea I will update

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone find a fix for this?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would go to home Depot and buy a brass valve with a barbed fitting and a hose bib fitting. Probably cost 15 bucks and will be bullet proof.