• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swapped out Thrust Vector XV for Cobrajet fins...opinions

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you ,Did you get the original factory reverse spacers that you needed when you removed the thrust vectors? I sent you some bolts and washers to replace the original ones that were removed when the thrust vectors were installed but the spacers that were removed need to be reinstalled for your reverse to operate properly .

Attachments

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah it's actually funny. The only Yamaha dealer in the entire west side of WA that had them doesn't even sell jet boats. Just Yamaha PWC. But it worked out beucase they are only 5 miles from the water park we went to today. Thanks again for the bolts and washers saved me another $15 bucks or so.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I aslo want to say this. Idc at all if Jeff is abrasive to some online (so they say). If your product works better for our 19 ft boats than the competition and for much less money I'm buying it. Especially when it comes to the safety of your passengers. The big question to me is why I had the option to buy my TVs from my dealer but not cobra steering products?

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Because Cobra is a one man operation. So the market penetration he has achieved is all the more impressive.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Because Cobra is a one man operation. So the market penetration he has achieved is all the more impressive.
Maybe more of us need to talk to our dealers. I make my living in sales and it wouldn't be a hard sale to get dealers to carry his products .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes one man with over 10,000 Yamaha jet boats installing my steering and somehow managing to find me.
And every single one of those Yamaha parts were put together by me, plus I do other jet boats and p w c's and those are also made by me. Remember I have been on this planet for 66 years,I spent 23 of those years cuffing and stuffing people so I don't mind calling it like I see it. The internet is a place where some people are real and others are phony.
You can call me at home and I will probably be the one who answers and if you ask me a question you better be ready for the answer. But most people know this.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Shit 10k that's a lot of better handling boats.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm really getting too old to be dealing with dealers. I did that for a long time I even turned down Yamaha when they asked me to make my steering and let them sell it as an aftermarket part several years ago back when I was the only one who fixing jet boat steering.
But now I am quite happy doing what I do and I just hope the people who take over my operation are very aggressive and market it hard.
But today for instance I spent the day in Florida heat welding and plasma cutting a bunch of jet ski steering that I still build by hand because people want their ski to be able to do the things that my skis do. Last week I was hand building custom steering for some sea doo jet boats from pre 4 stroke days because people want them and it's my baby . It keeps me out of trouble lol.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
All done with install. It took about 25 min. Most of that was trying to get that collar on the 13mm bolt to reseat. I kept thinking I needed to push the nozzle back and it kept binding. So I got underneath and realized I needed to move the nozzle forward. Once I did that the collar seated easily. In the pictures you will see that the TVs are taller but also narrower. Can't wait to try these tomorrow. IMG_20180809_201308.jpg IMG_20180809_201345.jpg IMG_20180809_225808.jpg

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hey Jeff is this ok? The bolt is lower than the fin. I looked at a few other pictures and the bolt seeks to be sticking out still. Should I be concerned? IMG_20180809_232737.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man - this looks good. Those Vipers look like they could be better than the Ultimates...

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It looks just as it should

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in year 2 with the vipers. Love the way they helped our boat handling.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes one man with over 10,000 Yamaha jet boats installing my steering and somehow managing to find me.
And every single one of those Yamaha parts were put together by me, plus I do other jet boats and p w c's and those are also made by me. Remember I have been on this planet for 66 years,I spent 23 of those years cuffing and stuffing people so I don't mind calling it like I see it. The internet is a place where some people are real and others are phony.
You can call me at home and I will probably be the one who answers and if you ask me a question you better be ready for the answer. But most people know this.
Let me be one to say thank you for those years! My brother works for York County Sheriff's office and has been with them for 13 years now. It is a hard, dangerous, thankless job and y'all deserve more praise for the work you do!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you, This is why I give first responder and military discounts to show appreciation for those who work to do the next to impossible for all of us.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The cjs vipers and viper nk and viper nk 2 have been out for a while.

jvegas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll just offer my .02 that I placed an order from CJS last night at 11pm and already received a tracking number showing Monday delivery (2 business days). Can't beat that.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Man - this looks good. Those Vipers look like they could be better than the Ultimates...

--
What makes you say that? I'm just curious lol. I like that they are less deep in the water and have built in fangs. Plus for the price, shit I paid $220 for the TV's. Only what $160 for the vipers.

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hmm I would like to these tests under a normal 21' . FSH 21' is not too a good comparison as that's a different hull setup as lets say the AR210 or above. But great post tho.
Give me a few days and I will report back. Just installed the ultimate ak with mega fangs. I haven’t had time post my install yet, but will say it was very easy and self explanatory to me. Some may think not, but I installed it off just pictures. Anyway, I had the TV’s and I too wanted more at speed handling. I am really looking forward to testing in the ICW this next week. Will let you know how they do.