• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim Deck Radio Replacement Plate

Cmwoody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How I swapped out the problematic Polk swim deck remote radio.
20240225_145858.jpg
Had another table bracket in my cart, new mounting spot on the next deck marked with a sharpie and the hole saw chucked in the drill.
20240225_102801~2.jpg I bailed on that idea and went another way
20240225_151538.jpg

Ended up costing me a few hours CAD time, $50 to laser the plate and 10 minutes to install it. I had screws and rivnuts already. Hardest part is getting the old one off and reconnecting cupholder drains!
If anyone is interested will be happy to share it.

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How I swapped out the problematic Polk swim deck remote radio.
View attachment 215555
Had another table bracket in my cart, new mounting spot on the next deck marked with a sharpie and the hole saw chucked in the drill.
View attachment 215558 I bailed on that idea and went another way
View attachment 215559

Ended up costing me a few hours CAD time, $50 to laser the plate and 10 minutes to install it. I had screws and rivnuts already. Hardest part is getting the old one off and reconnecting cupholder drains!
If anyone is interested will be happy to share it.
Can you share the CAD? Where you get the plate laser cut? Trying to install a PRC100BC.

Cmwoody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you share the CAD? Where you get the plate laser cut? Trying to install a PRC100BC.
I can share it however I don't think it'll do you much good for a PRC100BC for a couple of reasons.
The mounting hole in the plate is much smaller than the 2.5" you need and the plate has threaded connections and holes for mounting the MARCs
My plate also uses the stock clamp bracket inside to hold it in place. PRC100BC will not work with that as it's flush mount and will conflict.

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would help. I can update the cad to match the PRC100. I’m more concerned about covering that big old hole!

Cmwoody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It would help. I can update the cad to match the PRC100. I’m more concerned about covering that big old hole!
PM me your email and I'll send you later. FWIW, all I did was trace and copy the original radio external shape.