• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 85025 I ordered it thru EBay because it was free shipping. There is only one size. It's all the same on the 1.8 Yamaha engine...
Well crap I’m sorry I should have said that better. My question was actually related to your cold air intake. In your photo it looks like you have the Riva performance filter, but I can’t find that setup with the filter and aluminum pipe. Did you just use a 3” diameter piece of aluminum?

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ohhh, hehehe, the filter is a K&N cone with a 3 inch inlet. I don't have the part number on hand, but it's the most common one they have. And the aluminum 3inch pipe is from eBay. The ends are ribbed, so when you tighten the hose clamps, it's very secure. It's supposed to be used for a turbo piping fabrication setup. It was bout $10 shipped...

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did the ribbon delete last night and what a pain in the ass! They always make it look so easy in the Youtube video! Note: it's much easier to access and work on if you clear out the drivers side rear storage compartment and can kneel in that compartment and can tackle the project head on.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I did the ribbon delete last night and what a pain in the ass! They always make it look so easy in the Youtube video! Note: it's much easier to access and work on if you clear out the drivers side rear storage compartment and can kneel in that compartment and can tackle the project head on.
The ribbon delete is a major pain on the supercharged motors. I did mine after only having the new boat a few months. I was pretty worried about messing something up and voiding the warranty. Mostly I was worried about my wife seeing everything torn down. It is worth the work though.

I never thought about using that side compartment for a work area. Did you put a sleeve in the place of the ribbon, or did you just pull the ribbon?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The ribbon delete is a major pain on the supercharged motors. I did mine after only having the new boat a few months. I was pretty worried about messing something up and voiding the warranty. Mostly I was worried about my wife seeing everything torn down. It is worth the work though.

I never thought about using that side compartment for a work area. Did you put a sleeve in the place of the ribbon, or did you just pull the ribbon?
I went with the Riva sleeve. Next waiting for my K&N filter for a CAI set up. Although after reading your post it only dropped the temp only 1 degree, the whole set up was only a little over $40. Then ordering the L13 Cone in December.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I went with the Riva sleeve. Next waiting for my K&N filter to coming for a CAI set up. Although after reading your post it only dropped the temp only 1 degree, the whole set up was only a little over $40. Then ordering the L13 Cone in December.
I like the cold air intake for many reasons. Mine runs all the way up to the fresh air intake behind the swim deck seats. This puts it close to fresh air and also gets it up higher to prevent water ingestion in an emergency situation. I also wrapped the intake pipe with insulation to shield it from heat in the engine compartment. This also seemed to help with noise reduction. If nothing else, it really declutters the engine compartment.

After reading on Greenhulk, I realized there are big gains from getting cool fresh air to the engine. It is worth the trouble.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the cold air intake for many reasons. Mine runs all the way up to the fresh air intake behind the swim deck seats. This puts it close to fresh air and also gets it up higher to prevent water ingestion in an emergency situation. I also wrapped the intake pipe with insulation to shield it from heat in the engine compartment. This also seemed to help with noise reduction. If nothing else, it really declutters the engine compartment.

After reading on Greenhulk, I realized there are big gains from getting cool fresh air to the engine. It is worth the trouble.
Okay - where is the air filter than? I can't see it in your pictures...

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Okay - where is the air filter than? I can't see it in your pictures...
Sorry. I don't have any pictures of the intake, and I won't be home for another week to take pics. It runs behind the fuel filler hose and all the way up to the ventilation hole. Also opened up the ventilation hole at the swim deck to twice the original size. I think the intake and extra ventilation are responsible for 1.5-2mph gains.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I need to get pics of the new exhaust as well. I've been holding out on everyone.

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Last fall, I installed a Fizzle. Immediate impact. Was able to run WOT @ 48MPH GPS for 30 minutes with no heat fade. Finally!

Then tuned to 8100RPM. GPS max up to 51MPH, and able to maintain 50MPH.

Hole shot is ridiculously better now, however, after the tune, there is cavitation on take-off. I assume impeller upgrade will fix this? Can you recommend an impeller? I am still using the stock impeller for last 3 years.

I assume that will push me to 52MPH+ and at that point, I am pretty happy. Pushing speed much higher would require more boost and increase reliability risk.

Thx.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I don't think anyone has tried a 155mm twin-prop, but that would probably be the cheapest and easiest route.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This last year we purchased a new house and this season I'm able to store my boat in the garage which has lead me to a laundry list of modifications. This year I have been focusing on 3 area's: Usability, Wake Surfing, and Engine Performance (increase air flow this year). Towards the end of last season we really got into wake surfing using the custom 19' transom ballast bag. So I'm hoping with the listed modifications will help create a better wake and reduce cavitation while under weight using the lucky 13. Next season I plan upgrading the intercooler and adding a tune to increase the rev limiter to 8,100 rpm. Can't wait for spring and begin water testing.

Modifications

Engine Performance
- Riva Ribbon Delete (done) - Increase air flow and throttle response
- K&N Cold Air intake (done) - Increase air flow and lower engine temp 1-5 degrees
- Riva Engine Breather filter (on order) - Reduce oil in the intake tube and into the turbo

Wake Surfing
- Thrust Vector Wake (on order) - Possibly clean up wake and reduce jet spray while tubing
- Lucky 13 Cone (on order) - Reduce cavitation while under weight
- Wake Makers Ballast Bag (Ski Locker) 72" x 14" x 10" (April) - In tandem with the custom 19' transom ballast bag

Usability
- Jensen MARC100 wired remote (done) - Eliminates having to deal with my phone and killing my battery
- Swim Platform cup holder drainage lines (done) - Eliminates water draining into the rear storage compartments
- Helm cup holder (March) - Easier access to my beverage
- Helm Storage door (March) - Take advantage of the dead space under the helm
- Samson reverse tower arch mirror (May) - So my neck isn't sore after a day of water sports.

Last edited:

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering..... has anyone tried removing the thermostat or adding a fitting to the housing to add a water line to help with cooling?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Just wondering..... has anyone tried removing the thermostat or adding a fitting to the housing to add a water line to help with cooling?
Yes. Don't do it. You will get gas in your oil due to running cold engine temps.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh wow.. ok thanks. Definitely don't want that.

smurf00

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This last year we purchased a new house and this season I'm able to store my boat in the garage which has lead me to a laundry list of modifications. This year I have been focusing on 3 area's: Usability, Wake Surfing, and Engine Performance (increase air flow this year). Towards the end of last season we really got into wake surfing using the custom 19' transom ballast bag. So I'm hoping with the listed modifications will help create a better wake and reduce cavitation while under weight using the lucky 13. Next season I plan upgrading the intercooler and adding a tune to increase the rev limiter to 8,100 rpm. Can't wait for spring and begin water testing.

Modifications

Engine Performance
- Riva Ribbon Delete (done) - Increase air flow and throttle response
- K&N Cold Air intake (done) - Increase air flow and lower engine temp 1-5 degrees
- Riva Engine Breather filter (on order) - Reduce oil in the intake tube and into the turbo

Wake Surfing
- Thrust Vector Wake (on order) - Possibly clean up wake and reduce jet spray while tubing
- Lucky 13 Cone (on order) - Reduce cavitation while under weight
- Wake Makers Ballast Bag (Ski Locker) 72" x 14" x 10" (April) - In tandem with the custom 19' transom ballast bag

Usability
- Jensen MARC100 wired remote (done) - Eliminates having to deal with my phone and killing my battery
- Swim Platform cup holder drainage lines (done) - Eliminates water draining into the rear storage compartments
- Helm cup holder (March) - Easier access to my beverage
- Helm Storage door (March) - Take advantage of the dead space under the helm
- Samson reverse tower arch mirror (May) - So my neck isn't sore after a day of water sports.
Helm cup holder details or pictures?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Helm cup holder details or pictures?
I just got the cup holder in the mail today and waiting on the hole saw bit which is suppose to be here Friday. I’ll post pictures soon.

smurf00

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the cup holder in the mail today and waiting on the hole saw bit which is suppose to be here Friday. I’ll post pictures soon.
The joys of cutting fiberglass HAHA!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length