• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX230 Resurrection

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And I know alllllllllll about having the ecu repaired! It's my saga is here on the forum somewhere. Just put my old one back in yesterday after getting it back from repair place.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 All the grounds are connected and all the devices are getting power they just need to be replaced. Both blowers trip the circuit breakers.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After correcting some hacked up wiring at the clean out hatch switches I was able to get the port engine running and it actually sounds very good. Waiting on a 10mm adapter for my compression gauge to check the compression. YDS Software came in today so I will be delving into that also. I also started buffing out the hull and the horizontal surfaces and it cleans up very nicely.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
14 quarts of oil and 3 filters and the port engine oil finally looks like oil instead of a chocolate milk shake. Did a dry compression test 3 cylinders read 110 and the other was at 100, they all seem low but it could be the gauge. Didn't try putting oil in the cylinders to see if they got better.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
10 psi off is not terrible. That's less than 10% off... so it might just run fine.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's super low if the gauge is correct. I usually see 190s cold and 200-220 hot.
That is what I thought, figured it should be at least 180. The gauge I used is a Harbor Freight, I should try it on a known good engine to see what it reads. I do have a Matco gauge but don't have a 10mm adapter for it.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found a 2004 FX140 that I am going to look at Saturday for a replacement for the seized starboard engine.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's super low if the gauge is correct. I usually see 190s cold and 200-220 hot.
I checked the compression on another engine I have with both gauges and it looks like the harbor freight one reads about 55lbs. low.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Brad_Ct might want to look into this one.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Brad_Ct might want to look into this one.

Could be a deal for someone but if I bring another boat home I'll be sleeping in it😂

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, I'd buy it just for motors... if they are good

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the motors were good I would love to do it... but my wife would not be happy
hahaha I was thinking the same thing. If I was single I'd jump all over that. Get it all cleaned up and ready to sell right around memorial day. Could make a good profit.....or if the engines are toast lose your behind.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
a water test and compression test would be a good way to make sure it's all good before blowing $5k. If it was near me I'd be very interested!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
a water test and compression test would be a good way to make sure it's all good before blowing $5k. If it was near me I'd be very interested!!
I doubt u gonna get a water test out of this thing... hasnt started in 7 years I think what the ad said. And it doesnt sound like the seller is interested in getting them started for a new seller.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picked up the donor ski on Saturday, pretty beat up but the engine runs great with 165-170 compression in all cylinders cold. Trailer is like brand new so I should be able to recoup some of the cost.IMG_0057.JPG

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spent three hours getting everything unbolted and disconnected the other night, I think they must build these things around the engine. Pulling the engine out tonight hopefully