• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tampa / St Pete / Clearwater

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was there an event going on? What's up with the tent? There used to be a bar on the island but I missed that when I was there last. Apparently took it all down.
I believe that's a normal tent there now. I am also under the impression they have an "island food truck" on the beach now to purchase food from. They also inflate a giant slide for the kids to make it a more "family oriented" place. They also changed the name from Beer Can Island to Pine Key Island to be slightly more politically correct, must not want to offend the beer bottles.

1660324036792.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I believe that's a normal tent there now. I am also under the impression they have an "island food truck" on the beach now to purchase food from. They also inflate a giant slide for the kids to make it a more "family oriented" place. They also changed the name from Beer Can Island to Pine Key Island to be slightly more politically correct, must not want to offend the beer bottles.

View attachment 185188
All I can say is WOW!!! That is awesome. Last time there, there was not that much beach area. Did they clear it to look like the picture?

Definitely going to take a ride over there this weekend and check it out. Thanks for sharing.

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All I can say is WOW!!! That is awesome. Last time there, there was not that much beach area. Did they clear it to look like the picture?

Definitely going to take a ride over there this weekend and check it out. Thanks for sharing.
I think it's under new ownership now, they've got a full bar set up on the island along with limited food and whatnot. 2 weeks ago they had a DJ out there but you couldn't hear it from the water with the other boats blasting their own music. It's a good shallow spot that you can anchor off in like 3' of water, I'm yet to actually go up on the island but the wife and friends seem to like it. A general comment to those that haven't been out there, the oyster shells that are out there will cut your feet right up if you aren't careful. I've gotten a couple scrapes and my buddy's sliced his toe wide open on one.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A general comment to those that haven't been out there, the oyster shells that are out there will cut your feet right up if you aren't careful.
Thanks for sharing this tip - from the photos, it looks like a sandy bottom. Are there oyster beds or occasional shells due to tide/current?

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing this tip - from the photos, it looks like a sandy bottom. Are there oyster beds or occasional shells due to tide/current?
I THINK it's from fill that was brought in, but not certain. It's 100% sand, if you look at satellite imagery, directly south of the island is the shallow area, the remainder looks like it's got a bit of a sharper drop-off.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Johns Pass sandbar tomorrow if anyone is out! Look for the 210 FSH with a Florida and American Flag

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We'll be staying on Anna Maria Island next week in a house with a dock/lift, so we'll do all out boating out of there. We've been to the area before but only went out for the day to Passage Key (beautiful place and the nudists were very friendly).

Planning on going back to Passage Key, checking out Egmont Key, Fort Desoto Park/Beach, Shell Key, etc. Was considering making a run up to Three Rooker Island or Anclote Key one day as pictures look great. Might also try to go down to Sand Dollar Island off Siesta Key. All depends on weather and how everyone's feeling.

I've also heard good things about Beer Can Island, but from pictures the water usually looks like coffee. Is that the normal water condition there?
Three Rooker from Anna Maria? Might as well do a Bimini Run lol

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I think it's under new ownership now, they've got a full bar set up on the island along with limited food and whatnot. 2 weeks ago they had a DJ out there but you couldn't hear it from the water with the other boats blasting their own music. It's a good shallow spot that you can anchor off in like 3' of water, I'm yet to actually go up on the island but the wife and friends seem to like it. A general comment to those that haven't been out there, the oyster shells that are out there will cut your feet right up if you aren't careful. I've gotten a couple scrapes and my buddy's sliced his toe wide open on one.
Taking some friends out on the boat for dinner in St. Pete. Was thinking about checking it out. If not today, definitely tomorrow. Thanks again for the info. :winkingthumbsup"

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Current coming in at Johns Pass today was the strongest I’ve ever seen it. Kept ripping my rear anchor out , and was watching the water create streams around me while standing.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Three Rooker from Anna Maria? Might as well do a Bimini Run lol
I just re-measured the distance and think I made an error on my spreadsheet hahaha.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Current coming in at Johns Pass today was the strongest I’ve ever seen it. Kept ripping my rear anchor out , and was watching the water create streams around me while standing.
Compared to other spots I have been to, like around Ft Desoto and shell key I don't think the current was that bad yesterday at Johns Pass. With that said I do think I need a better rear anchor for those situations, my rear anchor did drag a few times toward the end of the day.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

View attachment 185188
Took a ride out there Sunday afternoon. Definitely going back. They even have there own beer that's really good.

1660845237450.png

1660845385125.png

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys should check out the sandbar(s) at Weedon Island. The main one is about half a mile long and usually filled with boats every weekend. Best part, it's well protect from wind.

View attachment 185074

View attachment 185073
I keep meaning to go out there to check out the sandbar but I'm a little overly cautious of the shallow areas to get to the sandbar.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I keep meaning to go out there to check out the sandbar but I'm a little overly cautious of the shallow areas to get to the sandbar.
There's decent water around the island. Being in St. Pete I come around the southern point and beach it on the East side. It does get a little shallow on the Southern end so just keep your distance. Everywhere else seems fine.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's decent water around the island. Being in St. Pete I come around the southern point and beach it on the East side. It does get a little shallow on the Southern end so just keep your distance. Everywhere else seems fine.
Gonna build up courage and give it a shot one of these weekends, lol.

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
We go to beer can during the week, its much less crowded and doesn't usually smell like weed or have too many drunk people acting out. Weekends it can be a shit show and many people will anchor right on top of you. Depends on the crowd and your age group mostly, regardless if you a people watcher it can be quite entertaining. We try and avoid boat ramps on the weekends for the most part.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length