• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great gathering y'all! We had a blast! Having beer and pizza together and visiting with @Bruce about Bimini and the website was great. It certainly got my wife at least considering the idea of doing the trip in a few years.

To the early Friday arrivals, @jawsf16 @farrelltravis , that we tied up with in the Friday cove. We really enjoyed hanging out with y'all and going out for the skiing and wakesurf lessons. That was a blast!

The Saturday tie up was even better with three more boats and more people to visit with. It was neat to see most of generations represented and seeing what their owners had done to them. The highlight of the day was the group cruise we did up and down the lake. That was so much fun! We should do that around the same time at every gathering from now on.

Our Sunday gathering was a repeat of Friday and we enjoyed it once again. We did stay too long, but was having such a great time we didn't want to leave. Got home after 10 and made it to bed by midnight. Then to get up for work at 4:30 am. Talk about a short night.

Looking forward to next year's gathering already!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Met some of you at last years gathering. Really wanted to go to this years at Broken Bow. I can see and hear what a great time everyone had. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. Already looking forward to next years gathering!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Met some of you at last years gathering. Really wanted to go to this years at Broken Bow. I can see and hear what a great time everyone had. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. Already looking forward to next years gathering!
Mike, I remember meeting you last year. Hopefully we can all get together next year.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I called about the Lake Murray Floating Cabins and asked Wendy Bentley about when they might have availability for our group in 2015. I was told that they give everyone who rented a cabin this year priority so I should call back on August 15th to see when they have availability. She said that it was unlikely that they would have availability for a group in July 2015 but might in August or September.

Pictures of some of the cabins are online at http://www.oklahomabedandberth.com/Pictures

Lake Murray is much closer to Dallas.

We would need to book in August of this year for next year to have a chance of getting the floating cabins.

Who likes the idea of Lake Murray for 2015?

I am not trying to take over this event, I think someone closer should organize it. But I would be excited about spending time on Lake Murray.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a short GoPro time lapse for Saturday. I got lazy and wasn't tending to it and missed quite a bit of the activities, but its what I got. I know there were several other picture-takers and I'm looking forward to seeing those photos too

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Video wouldn't open Mark. Says it's a private video.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I loved our gathering, but that distance from the metroplex decreases the number of attendees dramatically. We have many new members and lake levels willing, I would like to see "the gathering closer to DFW. I would love to do lake Murray, but as a secondary trip. And I think the distant trips should be special. Probably many of the core group will attend those, but we do need to reach out to the newer members too. Also, not too many will plan that far in advance. I know I do they vacation results until February and just line this trip, I couldn't get a whole weekend. I am in for Murray as a secondary trip if I can swing it. We can also break this down to a more regional level if need be. But anyone can sure make the trek and attend any of them!

Love the pics so far and looking forward to more!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always been a fan of Lake Murray but have never been able to stay at the floating cabins due to their high demand and limited availability.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I called about the Lake Murray Floating Cabins and asked Wendy Bentley about when they might have availability for our group in 2015. I was told that they give everyone who rented a cabin this year priority so I should call back on August 15th to see when they have availability. She said that it was unlikely that they would have availability for a group in July 2015 but might in August or September.

Pictures of some of the cabins are online at http://www.oklahomabedandberth.com/Pictures

Lake Murray is much closer to Dallas.

We would need to book in August of this year for next year to have a chance of getting the floating cabins.

Who likes the idea of Lake Murray for 2015?

I am not trying to take over this event, I think someone closer should organize it. But I would be excited about spending time on Lake Murray.
I would definitely be interested in Lake Murray. Of course, the sooner we know the better for my scheduling purposes. Lake Murray is a beautiful lake...have not been there in years.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will watch this thread. If you do lake Murray and in the month of May or June, I may be interested. I plan on doing Lake Keowee next year and would schedule around lake Murray schedule. If late June like this year, it would not happen for me. Sorry guys/gals. I would not give up the Shelbyville trip.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We would be in for Lake Murray especially if we could get one of those cabins!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm definitely interested in staying at the floating cabins at Lake Murry next year! :thumbsup:
I have an alarm set to remind me to call about cabin availability on August 15th. I hope they have a time where they could accommodate a group of us!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length