• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just curious, what did everyone pay for their AR195 out the door? Felt like I got a pretty good deal, I went to 3 diff. marinas and one was much lower than the other.
I bought mine at a boat show in New Jersey. I have a dealer 15 minutes away from me but they weren't throwing anything in. At the boat show I got all freight & prep costs taken off and they added 2 years to the warranty for free. They also threw in the black yamaha mooring cover for free. They gave me the coast guard package for free (6 orange life vests, throw cussion, flairs, ropes, etc.) I got 20% off the Seadek flooring (from $550 down to $440) installed for free. $35,693 with galvanized trailer. Add $2,150 in PA sales tax and I'm at $37,800 out the door.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in for $58,000.00 (out the door) Canadian funds! our dollar is only worth 75 cents to the US dollar. I think I read that you can get one for 35,600.00 US? I ordered a Black/Yellow as well and have ordered the yellow supercharger decal off the 2016 grey/yellow Ar192 seeing the 2017 AR195 doesn't have that decal. My mods are tint the windows, add the Schotts roller, change the rims on the trailer and add Rigid Industries Marine lights on the tower. Where you from danclemo? I'm from LaSalle Ontario in the Lake Erie Great Lakes Region. Congrats on your AR195! Beautiful Boat at a good price.

Did they give you a PN on the Yellow supercharged decal, I only see one PN when ordering from on-line store and it goes across multiple model years. I know there was a white version also. They don't ever show pictures of decal on-line either, so not sure what color I'm getting.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did they give you a PN on the Yellow supercharged decal, I only see one PN when ordering from on-line store and it goes across multiple model years. I know there was a white version also. They don't ever show pictures of decal on-line either, so not sure what color I'm getting.
That's what happened to me when i tried to order from Riva Powersports website out of Florida. When i put my down payment on the boat i had my dealer order it for me from Yamaha USA. I just called my dealer to get that information for you but line was busy. Once he calls me back i will give you the proper order # for the yellow decal set. Not sure it will help seeing the part number will be from the Yamaha USA site and not an 2 tier distributor. Maybe you could call the websites customer service # and tell them you want the yellow supercharger decals off the 2016 gray hull Ar192.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F3E-U417T-10-00 seems to be the common PN, but don't know if that is official Yamaha PN. Thanks for the reply, I may just stop by dealer and order it to save confusion. Just seem like I order everything on-line these days and trying to get a silly decal should be as simple as it gets....lol. I did receive my new Bow Roller yesterday, so the parts are starting to add before I have even take possession of boat......haha.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F3E-U417T-10-00 seems to be the common PN, but don't know if that is official Yamaha PN. Thanks for the reply, I may just stop by dealer and order it to save confusion. Just seem like I order everything on-line these days and trying to get a silly decal should be as simple as it gets....lol. I did receive my new Bow Roller yesterday, so the parts are starting to add before I have even take possession of boat......haha.
I didn't realize you don't have your boat yet. Neither do I and dealer doesn't expect to see it until Jan-Feb 2017 and i wont take possession until mid April. I'm doing the same thing ordering all that stuff ahead of time. Got the Hot Sauce on order, picking out the custom trailer rims and ordering the Scholts rollers. my brother in law runs a custom car detailing shop so the tint will be free!!!! When you figure you are getting your boat. Will your dealer hold/store it for you till spring and then start paying for it as mine is. The longer i can keep my money in the bank the better.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm supposed to get boat in next couple weeks. I already have my Scholts roller in. Ordering Yellow Supercharged Decal tomorrow. I'm also looking to install the "quick dis-connect" fender snaps, these look really clean on boat and make putting fenders out and in same location easy. I'm working on the dual battery switch also, trying to decide which way to go...still researching a bit. I may try to tint my own windows, if not I have a place close to do this professionally. Looking at the radiator hose shut-offs incase of towing. Wake Tower speakers are next on my list, thinking those would be really nice for our sand bar days. Other than that, I'm sure there are still some more goodies I'm missing but I have 6 months to figure it all out...LOL.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I also forgot. There are a couple threads on here that specify coolers that fit under the passenger bench seat..perfect place for a cooler, so that will be on order soon. This forum is so awesome..other than it's costing me a lot of $$ LOL

Johnny R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Looks like a new stereo, and audio USB in port. The MA200 supports bluetooth, and an app that controls the head unit. 40watt x 4
Just want to say i just bought sx195 very excited

MA200 Details:
http://www.asaelectronics.com/marine-audio-am-fm-usb-waterproof-stereo-with-bluetooth.html

Bluetooth Pairing Video:

Android App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asaelectronics.maapp.phone&hl=en
Wired Remote:
http://www.asaelectronics.com/marine-audio-wired-remote-control.html
Gets delivered Tuesday. We will be picking her up next Saturday.. Pics will be coming

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oh, I also forgot. There are a couple threads on here that specify coolers that fit under the passenger bench seat..perfect place for a cooler, so that will be on order soon. This forum is so awesome..other than it's costing me a lot of $$ LOL
Looking for that thread that talks about the cooler that fits under the bench seat. Where did you see that?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
FYI... in a pinch ski locker filled with ice and drinks....:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

cmp1960

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Questions for those who have the AR195/SX195. Thank you, in advance...

Just getting back to considering a boat. Grew up on a lake and love boating. Moved to Texas to start my career many years ago, had a couple younger girls, jettison the wife and resorted to a jet ski since 2008 for me and my two girls as it was perfect for us and tubing. Simple, easy to pull on my MDX, and tubing was fun.. but they are older and have friends to bring, so looking at boat options and the 195 series Yamaha seems like a good fit. Need something that will fit in my garage (??),
Something that can be pulled behind my Acura MDX without making the rear fender drag and small enough where the boat/trailer doesn't own my MDX on hills and hard stops, and can comfortably hold 5-6 people.

Garage fit: My garage is 19'6" max. Will this fit? Heard other have put in diagonal, but need the other side for my car so that not an option. Website say 20'1", so hoping there is some "pixy dust" type miracle info that says it will fit.

Trailering: For those how have smaller SUVs, I was curious how the rig trailers. Saw some pics with a Jeep hauling it. I have an 2004 Acura MDX with factory hitch and coolers and rated at 5000. I've pulled a jet ski for years with no problem and I'm sure this would be fine as the dry weight on the trailer is right around 3,000 lbs and fully loaded with fuel and gear probably adds another 300 lbs. Was curious how effective the trailers brakes are at both normal and aggressive stop. I hauled a large uhaul trailer full of bricks once and tested a hard stop before I got on the highway and it pushed my SUV pretty hard and the brakes stopping distance was extended greatly to the point where i had to lay off a long way from those in in front of me to avoid plowing into them. So hoping the brakes on a rig like this help.

AR195 vs SX195 differences. Other than color options, the arch tower and the passenger side being a bench on the AR195, any other differences? Anyone have SX series and put a tower on it.. seems silly not to get the AR195 if a tower is in play. but wanted to vet that here.

Pulling power: Has anyone pulled anything with the new 195 series (particularly a slalom skier)? Was curious of the punch with popping up a slalom. Anyone with an X192 series can chime in as well as it would be a good "a bit less than" comparison

Cover (Bimini tops): I'm in Texas and the sun can get really aggressive so having some decent shade has certainly extended the day quite a bit away from the blasting sun when on other boats with tops. What kind of shade do the AR195 and SX195 tops offer. Seems like the SX195 has a bit more surface area, but then I would have to get a tower which would pose more complications.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. So feel free to weigh in on any other considerations that you have thought of.

Thank you, C

cmp1960

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Oh one other thing, the seating. I've always had two bucket seats on my boats... but the AR195 has a bench on the passenger side. At first, I didn't like this idea, but I'm warming up to the simplicity of it as I'm thinking it would actually be easier for spotters, etc... but can I ask folks who have the AR19x and SX19x to weigh in, please. Leaning towards the AR195. Thanks

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cmp1960

I have an AR195... LOVE IT! Since I live in Tampa, Florida, boat is in my backyard in a slip, I'm out daily. Today is an exception with a high of 69 (at 3pm), and a Buccaneer game @ 1pm... :)

Trailering: I trailered my AR195 a couple times with 2009 Jeep 4dr 3000lbs towing cap. Not a problem, though I would NOT want to have to drive far with it. You got 5000 tow cap??? You are good to go.

Garage: Search the forums concerning AR192 and the garage situation. TON of information, and all will be relevant to the AR195.

Bench Seating: I love it! IMO makes the 19' foot feel like a bigger boat. The helm seat sucks, would not want two of them.

Bimini Top: Bimini top looks amazing deployed across the tower. It does a very good job covering the helm to the rear seats. Bow area is for tanning, and there is a bow filler that's included so you can have a gaggle of people up there.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will run out and measure my garage tomorrow and get the actual distance for you. Yes to the bench seat, much more room plus you can put cooler under it and not have to open seats every time you need something from cooler (which is often with us..lol). AR and SX are basically the same other than wake tower and bench seat, don't think there is much else. I happen to like the AR graphics much better, SX are little "quite" for me. I haven't had in water just yet to answer ski questions, but guessing a 250hp boat that only weighs 2400 lbs should pull multiple skiers.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I came up with 19ft 4 inches from stern to bow

cmp1960

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Are those the maximum points at each end? I presume that's with the trailer tongue folded? Thanks for measuring.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Stern to bow... end of folded trailer a few inches shorter...