• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, so on a 242 E series which bow roller should I get?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so on a 242 E series which bow roller should I get?
This is what I used (RP-355), the way to go IMO. Stoltz has just started offering those, designed specifically for our trailer. I think I posted some pics above. (Hard to keep track of those roller threads...)

http://www.sturdybuiltonline.com/35...maha-Jet-Boat-Shorelandr-Trailers_p_1493.html
25001 3.5 inch Stoltz Bow Roller with Bells for Yamaha Jet Boat- Shoreland'r Trailers

$33.99 x 1
$33.99
Subtotal: $33.99
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $12.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $46.98

ceehike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I installed my 3.5" Stoltz roller kit today. As others have mentioned, simple install and the kit fit nearly perfect. There was a slight bit of play, but a couple taps with a hammer tightened up the brackets.

Here are a couple comparison pics.

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I installed my 3.5" Stoltz roller kit today. As others have mentioned, simple install and the kit fit nearly perfect. There was a slight bit of play, but a couple taps with a hammer tightened up the brackets.

Here are a couple comparison pics.

View attachment 47237 View attachment 47238
LOL, not sure what you used the hammer for...
I'm thinking that a little space in between the roller segments and the brackets is probably desirable. Looks good!

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious if anyone has had a chance to check out the fuel consumption on their 195?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've only had the one chance to take her out once. About 5 hours blasting across the lake then lounging around and repeat= 1/2 tank... pretty much will burn through a full tank at WOT for hour to hour and a half... I guess I wasn't to concerned about the non-Prius version:winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Agree with Malibu Dan. Just picked up my 2017 AR195 on Saturday. I burned 15 gallons on Saturday in about 4 hours. Sunday went out again for 5 hours and burned about 17 gallons.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That sounds about the same as the 192 so not bad considering the bump in hp.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone looked for KW rating on the 195?Since mine is away for the winter and I am unable to check....

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just purchased 2017 AR195, should be delivered at dealer within next couple weeks. Went with the black hull, thought it was pretty sweet looking. Did a lot of research, really like the Scarab Impulse 195 also, but couldn't get price even close so the Yamaha won the bid. Plan to install second battery, tint the windows, new roller on trailer and alter wake tower so it will lower into my garage. Pretty excited!!!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just purchased 2017 AR195, should be delivered at dealer within next couple weeks. Went with the black hull, thought it was pretty sweet looking. Did a lot of research, really like the Scarab Impulse 195 also, but couldn't get price even close so the Yamaha won the bid. Plan to install second battery, tint the windows, new roller on trailer and alter wake tower so it will lower into my garage. Pretty excited!!!
congrats! dont forget Thrust Vectors. theu are worth every penny.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The newer models have the built in keel, thought was basically the same thing? Is the thrust vector still required? Thanks all.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The newer models have the built in keel, thought was basically the same thing? Is the thrust vector still required? Thanks all.
i have a 2016 with built im keel and used the boat a few times without TV. With TL is a huge improvement.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congratulations, they are beautifull boats.. so much room for a 19 footer... so much power as well... I went with black as well ( even though we have hard water in our tap water)..

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hmmm....didn't think I would still need TV. I may have to look at adding that along with built in keel. I want as much low speed mobility as possible for sure.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious, what did everyone pay for their AR195 out the door? Felt like I got a pretty good deal, I went to 3 diff. marinas and one was much lower than the other.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious, what did everyone pay for their AR195 out the door? Felt like I got a pretty good deal, I went to 3 diff. marinas and one was much lower than the other.
I'm in for $58,000.00 (out the door) Canadian funds! our dollar is only worth 75 cents to the US dollar. I think I read that you can get one for 35,600.00 US? I ordered a Black/Yellow as well and have ordered the yellow supercharger decal off the 2016 grey/yellow Ar192 seeing the 2017 AR195 doesn't have that decal. My mods are tint the windows, add the Schotts roller, change the rims on the trailer and add Rigid Industries Marine lights on the tower. Where you from danclemo? I'm from LaSalle Ontario in the Lake Erie Great Lakes Region. Congrats on your AR195! Beautiful Boat at a good price.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live in mid Michigan, so Port Huron is about an hour away. I shopped around a bit and ended up getting what I thought was a pretty good deal. I got the boat at $37,100 OUT THE DOOR and included the full mooring cover. They also gave me a good deal trade-in on my old boat so that ended up lowering purchase taxes almost 1K, so I actually got boat for about 36,100 out the door with cover. The other marinas were closer to 39,500 ish.

I'm interested in the Black/Yellow supercharger decal also, did you just order that from Yamaha? Do you have picture of it handy, I will go look at some older boats and see I can find picture. That's sounds like nice addition.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a pretty confusing topic, actually.

The new 190/192/195s do not have a keel (none of the 19fter does). Those new 19s have a modified ride plate with a built-in (small) rudder (I think this is what @Eric Ballard is referring to, above).

The 2015+ 240/242s, and 2017+ 212s have the "keeled" hull (w/small rudder), Yamaha refers to those as equipped with the "articulating keel" - which in reality is just a keel that ends with a small moving part (aka rudder). Those have rack-and-pinion steering and are a completely different beast steering-wise.

For a non-keeled boat, such as any 19fter, TVs and Cobra Ultimates will provide similar functionality at no-wake speeds. On plane, TVs pop up but the Ultimates can be set up to stay down and provide a different type of riding experience -- more in line with traditional boats -- basically your stern feels a lot more "planted". That is MY personal preference, but is also advantageous for towing sports such as skiing and wakeboarding.

Together with Fangs that provide a "power steering" effect, improved reverse, and the strongest built, the Ultimates would be the way to go for me. There are no spray or top speed issues, or any other issues in the matter of fact. If you go that route, I would highly recommend setting those up w/Fangs.

If you prefer a more jetski-like feel/style of riding, w/sliding turns, and a "loose" stern (slip-sliding turns) - either fin is compatible with that. TVs can be color matched with the hull.

--

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live in mid Michigan, so Port Huron is about an hour away. I shopped around a bit and ended up getting what I thought was a pretty good deal. I got the boat at $37,100 OUT THE DOOR and included the full mooring cover. They also gave me a good deal trade-in on my old boat so that ended up lowering purchase taxes almost 1K, so I actually got boat for about 36,100 out the door with cover. The other marinas were closer to 39,500 ish.

I'm interested in the Black/Yellow supercharger decal also, did you just order that from Yamaha? Do you have picture of it handy, I will go look at some older boats and see I can find picture. That's sounds like nice addition.
Yes i ordered it right from the Yamaha dealer and he got the order # off a 2016 AR192 (grey hull color with yellow graphics) The price i mentioned of $35,600.00 was MSRP on the Yamaha U.S website. so you did well. Been to Port Huron many times when my son played baseball for a team out of Sterling Heights a few years back.